Top 7 MBA Colleges In Aurangabad 2019
Constant transformation in today’s global business landscape has changed the mindset of young graduates. Nowadays, more students are looking for different postgraduate or professional courses to advance their career. Master’s in business administration or MBA is one of the most popular professional degrees in the world.
MBA can be the right choice for those who wish to become an entrepreneur or management professional. It is a prerequisite for professionals to have management skills for value addition and growth. MBA colleges in the country offer full time and part time courses for MBA aspirants to realise their potential.
The need for innovation and an entrepreneurial outlook has also increased exponentially. Many management institutes have incorporated new modules for teaching innovation and entrepreneurship in their program curriculum. Top MBA colleges are designing new student-focused teaching methods and promoting the practical applicability of managerial skills.
Increasing Demand for MBAs
In recent years, substantial growth is observed in the percentage of companies hiring MBA graduates. Several surveys suggest that the demand for MBA professionals is on a continuous rise. They also projected an escalation in salary packages. Many employers across the globe consider MBA graduates as value addition to their workforce.
Majority of colleges have started incubation centres to nurture their student’s ideas and entrepreneurial abilities. Management degree from Top MBA colleges offers many advantages like:
- Development of excellent management and leadership skills
- Better career prospects
- Higher Salary
- Understanding about Entrepreneurship and Start-up development
- Great Networking opportunities
- Flexible options like part-time or Executive MBA
- Excellent soft skills and overall personal growth
MBA Options In India Vs Abroad
MBA aspirants are perplexed with a dilemma to choose between pursuing a degree from an MBA college in India or overseas. The quality of education and program curriculum offered by Top MBA Colleges in India are at par with international institutes.
You are required to clear CAT or specific college entrance exams for admission in good Indian MBA colleges. For MBA colleges in a country like US or UK, you need to have a good GMAT and GRE score. An excellent academic record is essential for admission in top Indian or International MBA colleges.
Studying in India offers you the convenience of living in your country whereas foreign institutes provide global exposure and foreign degree. Cost of education is 3-4 times more in international colleges as compared to Indian MBA colleges. Living costs also increase when you study abroad.
International institutes give you a lot of networking opportunities, but a dedicated placement cell is not very popular abroad. You can utilise networking opportunities to get a good job offer. Premier MBA colleges in India have a very dynamic industry-academia relation. They have a dedicated placement cell to help their students procure multiple job offers.
Types of MBA Courses
You are advised to evaluate your requirements and objectives, before taking admission in MBA colleges. Types of MBA courses offered by Indian Institutes are:
Full-time MBA: It is a 2-year regular program for graduates. All the Top MBA colleges in India provides full-time MBA to graduate students with no work experience.
- Pros: It offers Industry-academia partnerships, comprehensive learning, and networking opportunities. No work experience required.
- Cons: It is an expensive and time-consuming course which has a complex and extensive admission process. You cannot work while doing full-time MBA.
Part-time MBA: Part-time MBA courses are designed for working professionals. The classes are held on weekends, in the evening or other suitable times.
- Pros: Ideal for working professionals who can complete the course while still being employed.
- Cons: Extended time duration for course completion. Difficulty in balancing work and study together.
Executive MBA: Executive MBA is ideal for experienced professionals who want to sharpen their managerial skills, gain leadership qualities and procure international experience.
- Pros: Majority of these programs comes with a flexible plan and are designed explicitly for working professionals. Courses offered under the program have shorter time durations and have a more practical approach to suit the needs of handling growing corporate and business challenges.
- Cons: Adapting to the change from the corporate environment to the academic environment is not easy. Moreover, these courses are costly. Lastly, most good colleges require you to have at least five years of work experience before you could apply.
Why Choose Aurangabad as an MBA Destination?
Aurangabad is a tourist city of Maharashtra. Over the years, the number of quality management institutes has escalated in Aurangabad. Many students from other states, cities and overseas are attracted by the number of Top MBA Colleges available here for higher education. Here are some reasons for its increasing popularity as one of the top MBA destinations in the country.
- Cost of Living: Aurangabad is less expensive in comparison to some other metropolitan cities. Cost can be a crucial factor when choosing an ideal place to study.
- Massive industrial Profile: Aurangabad has numerous MSME’s, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturing units, and service industries. Many mega-projects with 500+ crores of investment are also running in the city. This translates into multiple job opportunities for MBA grads.
- Cosmopolitan culture: The city offers a fairly mix culture in spite of being a tier II city. This ensures students get a good exposure.
- Less populated and polluted: This city is not-too-much crowded and polluted which adds to its advantage and better quality of life for students.
Aurangabad is an educational hub with many reputed MBA colleges. If you are searching for best MBA colleges in Aurangabad, then you can choose from the ten best options given below.
Top 7 MBA Colleges In Aurangabad 2019
Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Management, Aurangabad
MGM’s Institute of Management is Approved by AICTE and affiliated to the prestigious Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University It is amongst the Top MBA colleges in the city with Grade A accreditation by NAAC. This institute was established in 1994 and offers a postgraduate degree in MBA and MCA. The institute is situated in lush green campus, spread across 2 acres. Well-furnished and abundantly equipped lecture halls are some of the outstanding attributes of the college.
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
MGM offers a full-time MBA program for two years with four semesters To get into the college, you are required to score a minimum marks set by the institute in entrance exams like CAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT or MAH-CET. 10+2 along with graduation in any discipline or any other equivalent degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks is required to be eligible for admission.
Placements at MGMIOM
The institute has a dedicated on-campus placement cell for students. It is also admired for its training quality and consultation facilities. In recent years, placement records have been outstanding for all the specialisations, especially Marketing. Multinational companies and industry giants like Tech Mahindra, Sony, Zensar Technologies, HDFC bank, Quick Heal, etc. have visited the campus and recruited students.
MGMIOM believes in the development of soft skills and entrepreneurial spirit along with higher education. Brilliant faculty, modern amenities, advanced teaching methods, and remarkable placement statistics are striking features of this college. They have in-house Knowledge Resource Centre which acts a beacon for harbouring innovative ideas and entrepreneurial mindset among students.
- Address- MGM Institute Of Management, N-6, CIDCO, Aurangabad – 431003 Maharashtra, India
- Contact- +91 240 2483405, 2473889
- Website- www.mgmiom.org
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University (BAMU)
Founded in 1958, BAMU is one of the oldest universities in India. It was established to fulfil Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar’s initiative of filling the huge gap of facilities offering higher education in North Maharashtra, Marathwada, and Vidharba. The university has more than 400 affiliated colleges spread across districts like Aurangabad, Beed, Osmanabad, and Jalna.
BAMU is affiliated to University Grants Commission (UGC), Association of Indian Universities (AIU), and has received ‘A’ grade from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Course Name- Entrance and Eligibility
BAMU offers 2-year full-time MBA in various specialisations like Marketing, Finance, IT, Human Resource Management, and Production and Operation. Apart from the full-time MBA, there is also 3-year part-time MBA. It also offers MBA in Media Management and MBA in Hospital Administration and Management.
To be eligible for an MBA course at BAMU, you should have completed a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognised university. Students in the final year of their bachelor’s degree can also apply. It accepts MAHCET scores for admission.
Placement at BAMU
BAMU has a training and placement cell to prepare students for placements at prestigious organisations. The cell regularly publicises details of the latest employment opportunities, and placement drives are conducted every year. Wipro, Annapurna Finance, and several other multinational companies and government agencies are regular recruiters at BAMU.
What sets BAMU apart from other MBA colleges in Aurangabad is its reputation. It is one of the most popular universities in not just Aurangabad but all over the country. Having the name of such a prestigious institute on your resume would surely boost your employment opportunities. Moreover, BAMU is also one of the most affordable MBA colleges in Aurangabad.
- Address- University Campus, Near Soneri Mahal, Jaisingpura, Aurangabad
- Phone Number-+91-0240-240 3399
- Website- http://www.bamu.ac.in
- Email- email@example.com
Maulana Azad Educational Trust’s Millennium Institute of Management
Dr Rafiq Zakaria formed the Maulana Azad Educational Trust in 1963 to manage the affairs of the Maulana Azad College of Arts and Commerce. The trust established the Millennium Institute of Management in 2000 which has been a popular choice for students searching for top MBA colleges in Aurangabad. The AICTE approved institute is affiliated to BAMU and is well-known for its quality education.
Course Name- Entrance and Eligibility
Millennium Institute of Management offers 2-year full-time and 3-year part-time MBA courses across specialisations like Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Production and Operation, and IT. To be eligible for the course, a student should have a bachelor’s degree or should be in the final year of his/her bachelor’s course. It accepts MAHCET scores and also conducts its own entrance test to offer admissions.
Placements at Millenium Institute of Management
Millennium Institute of Management is one of the few MBA colleges in Aurangabad with a 100% placement record including their summer placements. It has a Corporate Resource Center responsible for all the placement activities at the institute. A large number of companies like TATA Infocom, Kenstar, Videocon, Cola-Cola, Bajaj Allianz, ICICI Bank, Pepsi Beverages, Kotak Mahindra Insurance, and Sun Pharmaceuticals are regular visitors at the institute.
The Millennium Institute of Management is very popular among MBA aspirants for its quality of education and placement statistics. The MBA course offered by the institute is highly driven with strong industrial partnerships to provide students with real-world experience of the corporate life. With some of the best multinational companies regularly visiting the institute, the students also get excellent career opportunities at the institute.
- Address- Dr. Rafiq Zakaria Campus, Roza Baug, Near Maulana Azad College, N2, CIDCO, Aurangabad
- Phone Number-+91-0240-239 0371
- Website- http://www.mima.ac.in/
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
GS Mandal’s Marathwada Institute of Technology (MIT)
Accredited with Grade ‘A’ by the NAAC, MIT is another renowned MBA college in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. While MIT was founded in the year 1975, its MBA department was only established in 2009 with a goal to create ethical entrepreneurs and managerial leaders. MIT is also affiliated to BAMU and has a state-of-the-art campus surrounded by lush greenery.
Course Name- Entrance and Eligibility
MIT only offers 2-year full-time MBA course spread across various specialisations like Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Finance Management, Marketing Management, and Information Technology Management. The institute accepts MAHCET scores for MBA admission and requires candidates to have a bachelor’s degree in any stream but from a recognised university or college.
Placements at MIT
MIT has a functional training and placement cell to prepare students for the corporate world and invite top MNE’s to the institute. During the 2016/17 placement drive, more than 35% of the students received final placements. A large number of top companies like Videocon, ICICI Prudential, Just Dial, Alembic Pharma, Shriram Finance, and NRB Bearings regularly participate in the placements drive at MIT.
The course curriculum at MIT is known to be one of the best among other popular MBA colleges in Aurangabad. It is highly practical and helps students get a hands-on experience of how things actually work in the corporate world. The faculties are highly experienced and have a great reputation among the students who have completed their MBA at MIT. Moreover, industrial visits are also conducted on a regular basis to help students get a better idea of the corporate life.
- Address- Beed Bypass Road, Satara Village Road, Aurangabad
- Phone Number- +91-0240- 237 5375
- Website- https://mba.mit.asia
- Email- email@example.com
Deogiri Institute of Engineering and Management Studies (DIEMS)
DIEMS was only established in the year 2009 but has quickly gained a lot of popularity among MBA aspirants in Aurangabad. Affiliated to BAMU, it has received Grade ‘B++’ from the NAAC and is one of the top performers of BAMU as per the exam results. The institute has a modern campus with all the facilities like library, laboratories, high-speed internet connectivity, sports, cafeteria, and more to help students enjoy a comfortable and rewarding stay at the institute hostel.
Course Name- Entrance and Eligibility
DIEMS only offers 2-year full-time MBA course and accepts 180 students in a batch. The course is divided into specialisations like Marketing, Finance, IT, Human Resource, and Production and Operation. To be eligible for the MBA course at DIEMS, a student needs to have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognised university or college. Students in the last year of their bachelor’s degree can also apply. It accepts MAT and MAHCET scores for admission.
Placement at DIEMS
DIEMS also has a training and placement cell to train students to ensure that they have the necessary skills to match the industry standards. Assistance is provided to help them get jobs at top class companies all over the world. Companies like JustDial, Expert Global, Barclays, Shriram Finance, Amazon, Siemens, and Mphasis are known to visit the institute to offer placements regularly. Students of DIEMS also participate in the regional job fair every year which is attended by several top class organisations.
DIEMS is a well-rounded institute, and this is what makes it one of the top MBA colleges in Aurangabad. From the faculty, campus, curriculum, course fees, to training and placement, the institute lays a major emphasis on all of these factors to prepare students for their future life. It has a student-centric environment for learning which helps students grasp the required managerial skills and succeed in their careers.
- Address- Deogiri Campus, Railway Station Road, Aurangabad
- Phone Number- +91-0240-236 7575
- Website- https://www.dietms.org
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Shreeyash College of Engineering and Technology (SYCET)
The MBA department of SYCET was only established in 2009 but is already a preferred choice for several MBA aspirants. SYCET is one of the few ISO 9001:2008 certified MBA colleges in Aurangabad and is affiliated to BAMU. It is also accredited by the NAAC, DTE, and AICTE. The institute focuses on producing well-rounded students with the help of a practical-based curriculum which has been prepared by academic experts and industry professionals.
Course Name- Entrance and Eligibility
SYCET only offers 2-year full-time MBA for all the graduates from any discipline looking to have a career in business management. The course has five specialisations such as Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Production to help students develop the skills expected by industries all over the world. Students who have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with at least 50% marks (45% for backward class) are eligible for admissions at SYCET.
Even candidates who are in the last year of their bachelor’s degree can apply. The institute accepts scores of MAH MBA, MMS-CET, CAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA, XAT, and GMAT for admissions.
Placement at SYCET
The training and placement cell of SYCET regularly invites several companies for campus placements and also arranges guest lectures by industry experts to provide a hands-on experience to the students. Many of the alumni of the institute working with reputed companies are also invited for guest lectures to motivate the students. Siemens, IGTR, Ajanta Pharma, Rucha Engineering, and Just Dial are some of the top recruiters of SYCET.
Moreover, a large number of SYCET students are also recruited by top companies at the Marathwada Job Fair which is organised every year.
From the practical curriculum of the institute to its ISO certification, there are several things about SYCET that make it one of the top MBA colleges in Aurangabad. It has highly experienced faculties, and students are regularly provided information and guidance on placements to help them have a rewarding career after completing their MBA course.
- Address- Shreeyash Pratishthan, Gut No. 258 (P), Satara Parisar, Near SRPF Camp, Beed Bypass Road, Aurangabad
- Phone Number- +91-0240-660 8701
- Website- http://sycet.org
- Email- email@example.com
International Center of Excellence in Engineering and Management (ICEEM)
ICEEM was established in 2011 and was in the list of top sevenn MBA colleges in Aurangabad. The BAMU affiliated institute is recognised by DTE and approved by AICTE. It is one of the fastest growing MBA colleges in Aurangabad and aims to be one of the top 100 Technical Campuses of India by 2025. The focus on providing quality education to future managers and entrepreneurs has made it a popular choice among MBA aspirants not just in Aurangabad but all over India.
Course Name- Entrance and Eligibility
ICEEM only offers 2-year full-time MBA in specialisations like Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, and Production and Operation. To be eligible for the course, one needs to have a bachelor’s degree from any recognised university or college. Even students who are in the last year of their bachelor’s program can apply. The institute accepts MAT, CMAT, and GMAT scores for admission.
Placement at ICEEM
The training and placement cell of the institute regularly organises talks on interview techniques and personality development. Expert lectures are arranged, and the students are encouraged to participate in the paper presentation, seminars, and other competitions to improve their job-related skills. A large number of companies like Amazon, Siemens, Syntel, Geneka, Universal Tools, and Shriram Financial are known to attend the placement drive of the institute.
ICEEM fulfils all the basic requirements that a student generally has from top MBA colleges. It has an excellent campus, highly qualified faculty, world-class curriculum, and an effective training and placement cell. Any student looking to build a career in management or has entrepreneurial ambitions should definitely consider this outstanding institute for their MBA studies.
- Address- Gut No. 4, CIDCO Mahanagar, Opposite Bajaj Auto Main Gate, Aurangabad
- Phone Number- +91-0240-255 8101
- Website- http://www.iceemabad.com
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
The skilled and hardworking talent pool is the need of the hour in all corporates. The MBA degree is acknowledged globally and has the potential to make an individual into a top entrepreneur. If you aspire to employ your skills and qualifications for advancing in a management career, then you can pursue MBA.
MBA presents the opportunity to explore diverse Business avenues, and your credibility in the business will increase significantly. MBA graduates are mostly paid higher salaries in various industries. You can choose from the listed MBA colleges if you are thinking of pursuing the course from Aurangabad.
Specialisations in MBA
It is imperative for the applicants to analyse their career goals and professional objectives while choosing a specialisation. This comprehensive list of all the specialisations offered by Top 7 MBA colleges in Aurangabad will help you in making an intelligent choice.
- Marketing– Marketing specialization infuses many skills which are beneficial in several business positions across industries. It is one of the most popular specializations among MBA graduates in India. Excellent communication skills, leadership, analytical ability, and resource management skills are a prerequisite to excel at top-level positions in marketing. This course teaches about various market trends, advertising, Customer relationship, business marketing, and many other significant aspects.
- Finance – This specialization empowers the students with the skills needed to plan and manage the financial resources of any business. This course will focus on the Indian investment & money market, banking, international finance. You can get jobs in various sectors like trading, corporate finance, asset management, corporate banking, the stock market and many more.
- Human Resource- Specialization HR will equip you with ideas and the skill to manage human resources in an establishment. This course will explain various aspects of recruiting, team building, training, labour laws, employee health & safety, etc. You can join many companies after completing the course as HR professionals are crucial in any organisation.
- International Business- This course teaches students about the various elements of international business namely global trade practices, foreign exchange, international marketing and finance, human resource and many more. Applicants with a global outlook and strong communication skills can choose this option.
- Information Technology- MBA in IT teaches you to plan effectively, design, implement, and administer all the information technology resources in a company. If you have a technical background or graduate degree in related fields, then this can be an ideal choice to advance your career.
Careers after MBA
It is essential to consider the type of career opportunities available after the completion of MBA. Top 7 MBA colleges in aurangabad prepare the candidates for the rigorous demands of a corporate career. Students gain in-depth knowledge about the current business scenario and the changing trends.
Some career opportunities open to you after the completion of MBA are as follows:
- Management Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Investment Banker
- Trade Analyst
- Hr Manager
- Project Manager
- Digital Marketing Consultant
- Financial Advisor
- Supply Chain Manager
- Operations Manager
- Data Analysts
Nowadays, top 7 MBA colleges in Aurangabad are striving to create a more innovative and entrepreneurial workforce. They have committed entrepreneurship hubs with incubation centers. These campus-based opportunities have helped many MBA graduates to start their own business.
This article can help you in making an educated choice, but it is recommended that you collect more information about these institutes. You can check whether your objectives align with the institute or not. Talk to the alumni and faculty to get better insight. Analyse your skills and recognise which specialisation can hone them and teach new competencies. With proper research and resources, you will be able to make the correct choice for you and have a bright professional career.