Many Indian students dream of going to the USA to pursue a higher degree. But before you sit for an exam such as IELTS or TOEFL, be clear on what the country has to offer and is it even suits you or not. There are lots of dos and don’ts as well. Go on and read the article on study in USA .
Study in USA
- Yale: This premiere university was established in 1701 in New Haven, Connecticut. It is the third-oldest US institution. It is set into 12 constituent schools . The alumni include five US presidents, many Congress members, diplomats, Hillary Clinton among others.
It offers Bachelors and Masters courses in Business, Computers, Engineering, Law and Science. It also offers PhD in Computers. Candidates should clear GRE, GMAT or IELTS, depending on the course and the score required also depends on that only.
- Columbia: This university is situated in upper Manhattan in New York. It was founded in 1754 and till 1784 was known as King’s college. Then till 1896 it was called Columbia college after which it got its current name. Its alumni include 43 Nobel prize laureate, five founding fathers of the country, academy award winners among others.
It offers Bachelors and Masters courses in Business, Computers, Engineering, Medicine and Science. It also offers PhD in Engineering. The university accepts GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL, GRE scores, depending on the course.
Till now you must have guessed that the most popular courses are MBA, Engineering, Medicine, Computers and Law. Besides these, Indian students also pursue Statistics, Nursing, Social Work, Multimedia, Web design, Environmental Sciences and E-commerce in US.
- If you wish to mix with the Americans with ease, remember that their culture is very different from Indians. So don’t expect them to behave a certain way. They love spending their time outdoors and love meeting new people. So make yourself accessible and outgoing.
- Learn something about their sports. NBA and Baseball are quite popular there and it would be good to know a few things.
- Social interactions, nightlife are some of the common things they do as weekend pastimes. Be sociable and do not hesitate to go out with them.
Do not limit your time with classmates to the classes. Spend time with them outside as well as this well help you become comfortable in the new environment
check out the other article on Study in USA- – top universities, top courses, Do’s and Don’ts (Part 1 )
check out all the news that is making sound in Higher education sector with Eduvoice