The IIMs who administer the CAT has changed the exam format. The CAT pattern hasn’t changed since 2015 in overall marks, time allotted, and several questions. Knowing the CAT exam pattern is crucial for aspiring CAT candidates because it aids in developing unique test-taking tactics. The CAT Exam Pattern 2022 will change from the format used in 2021.
One of the complex assessments offered in India each year is the Common Admission Test. Graduates from practically all streams can take the CAT. All MBA candidates who seek admission to the IIMs or other esteemed business institutions in the nation face pressure in the exam.
There may be a few adjustments to the CAT exam format. Aspirants can use the 2021 pattern provided below as a guide.
Expected Questions and Pattern for CAT
- There are total of 64-76 number of questions that might be asked in the CAT exam
- Total marks – 192-228
- Total sections – 3
- Total exam duration – 2 hours
- There are two types of questions asked ( MCQs and Non- MCQs TITA)
- Section wise name – Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation
Due to the lack of a prescribed syllabus or exam format, the CAT exam is one of the most difficult in the nation. Due to the many variations in the CAT pattern, candidates frequently become puzzled.
Question on the CAT exam
There are three parts to the CAT Pattern. Verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning, and quantitative assessment are all part of it (Quantitative Ability). The CAT Exam is a computer-based online test given at numerous testing facilities.
- According to the CAT Exam Pattern from the previous year, there were 66 total questions, and there were 120 minutes allotted for the exam.
- The CAT Question Paper now contains a much smaller number of questions.