CBSE Class 10 Syllabus has been published by the Central Board of Secondary Authorities for the academic year 2022-23. Students who are enrolled in class 10 can download the updated syllabus on the official website of the CBSE board. It is compulsory for all the students to download the updated syllabus for class 10 as the board authorities will set the class 10 final paper on the basis of the revised syllabus only.
CBSE class 10 syllabus includes the course structure, distribution of unit marks, and the number of periods allocated for each topic. It is advisable for all the students to download the syllabus and prepare according to that only. In the following article, all the important information related to the CBSE class 10 syllabus has been provided. Along with that, a download pdf link has been provided for all the subjects in order to download the syllabus.
CBSE Class Board 10 Syllabus – Benefits & Objectives
CBSE class 10 board final papers will be set as per the revised syllabus only. Given below are some of the benefits and objectives of the CBSE class 10 syllabus:
- CBSE class 10 syllabus provides various information such as course structure, distribution of marks, the total number of topics, etc.
- CBSE class 10 syllabus has been updated for all the subjects such as Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, Hindi, and English.
- Students can understand the change in the number of topics by thoroughly studying the revised syllabus.
- CBSE board authorities will set the final exam paper on the basis of the revised syllabus only. Hence, it is mandatory for all the students to check the revised syllabus.
How to Download CBSE Class 10 Syllabus?
Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to download the CBSE class 10 syllabus for the academic year 2022-23:
- Visit the official website of CBSE-CBSE academic.nic.in.
- On the home page, look for the following link and click on it-” Curriculum/Academic”.
- Now choose the “Class 10th” option.
- CBSE class 10 syllabus pdf for different subjects will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the subject, and the syllabus pdf will be displayed on the next tab.
- Click on the download button in order to download the syllabus pdf and save it for future use.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus – List of Subjects
The detailed list of subjects offered by CBSE to class 10 students has been added below.
|English – Language, and Literature||Hindi Course-A||Hindi Course-B|
|Computer Applications||Carnatic Music (Percussion Instruments)||Carnatic Music (Vocal)|
|French||Arabic||Carnatic Music (Melodic Instruments)|
|Elements of Business||Mathematics||Home Science|
|Science||Hindustani Music (Vocal)||Elements of Book Keeping and Accountancy|
|Hindustani Music (Melodic Instruments)||Hindustani Music (Percussion Instruments)||Social Science|
|Telugu (Telangana)||National Cadet Corps (NCC)||Tangkhul|
|Urdu Course B||Punjabi||Gujarati|
|Manipuri||Urdu Course A||Tamang|
10th Syllabus of CBSE Board – Download PDFs
Students can easily download the CBSE class 10 syllabus PDFs for the major subjects from the table below.
|Mathematics Syllabus||CBSE Class 10 Syllabus PDF|
|Science Syllabus||CBSE Class 10 Syllabus PDF|
|Social Science Syllabus||CBSE Class 10 Syllabus PDF|
|English (Language & Literature Syllabus)||CBSE Class 10 Syllabus PDF|
|Hindi (Course A) Syllabus||CBSE Class 10 Syllabus PDF|
|Hindi (Course B) Syllabus||CBSE Class 10 Syllabus PDF|
10 Syllabus For CBSE Board – Scheme of Studies
The scheme of subjects based on which subjects are divided into 3 different categories has been mentioned below.
|Type of the Subject||Name of the Subject|
|Compulsory Subjects||Language 1Language 2Social ScienceMathematicsScience|
|Optional Subjects||Skill SubjectLanguage 3Any other subjects which has been opted previously|
|Subjects of Internal Assessment||Health and Physical EducationArt Education|
How to Prepare CBSE Portion For Class 10
CBSE class 10 board exams are conducted by the board authorities to check the performance of the students and upgrade them to the next class. The exam paper for class 10 is set by the board authorities. Hence, it is required that the students must take appropriate steps in order to score well in the board exams. Below mentioned are some of the tips which are helpful for students in the preparation for board exams.
- It is of utmost importance that all the students enrolled in class 10th must download the syllabus for class 10th board exams.
- Students can download the revised syllabus for the preparation for the CBSE class 10 board exams on the official website of CBSE.
- Students must also practice the previous year’s question papers which have been provided on the official website of the CBSE.
- Make a list of all the important topics by practicing the previous year’s question papers.
- Note down all the topics which have been repeatedly asked in the last year’s question papers.
- Do not forget to take care of your health as well.
- In order to stay healthy, students must do yoga or exercise daily.