Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 07-02-2020
UPSC exam current affairs 07-02-2020 The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- Repo rate kept unchanged
- Uniform Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practices
- Indian Economy
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 07-02-2020
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 07-02-2020 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (07-02-2020)
Repo rate kept unchanged
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Economy
- The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) chose to keep the loan fees unaltered in the wake of an ascent in swelling.
From Prelims Point of view:
Monetary Policy Committee (MPC):
- MPC is a six-part board established by the Central Government.
- Segment 45ZB of the revised RBI Act, 1934
- Once in at regular intervals, the Reserve Bank is required to distribute an archive called the Monetary Policy Report to clarify: (1) the wellsprings of expansion and(2) the conjecture of swelling for 6-year and a half ahead.
- The panel involves six individuals – three authorities of the Reserve Bank of India and three outer individuals designated by the Government of India.
- The Governor of Reserve Bank of India is the executive ex officio of the council.
- REPO means Re Purchase Option – the rate by which RBI offers credits to different banks. As such, it is the rate at which banks repurchase the protections they keep with the RBI at a later period.
Lucknow Declaration Adopted at the 1st India-Africa Defence Ministers Conclave, 2020
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Defence
- The main India-Africa Defense Ministers’ Conclave held in Lucknow
- embraced the Lucknow Declaration
- To extend collaboration to battle the developing risk of psychological warfare
- Protect sea security by sharing data, knowledge and reconnaissance
From Prelims Point of view:
The DefExpo is a biennial occasion sorted out by the Ministry of Defense. The eleventh version of the occasion vows to get new innovative arrangements.
- Barrier Exhibition Organization is a self-governing association of the Indian Government set up in 1981.
- The association was set up to advance the fare capability of the Indian resistance industry.
- The organization is answerable for arranging global shows, for example, DEFEXPO and Indian investment at abroad presentations.
India to work with Russia on copters
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Defense, India’s Foreign relations
- Generation Localisation of Ka-226T light utility helicopters
- (Defexpo 2020) Russian Helicopters (RH) marked a guide with IRHL for localisation of Ka-226T helicopter generation in India.
- IRHL is a joint endeavour between Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Russian Helicopters (RH), which will gather the Ka-226T helicopters in India.
From Prelims Point of view:
- The Ka-226T is a plan of Russia’s popular Kamov structure agency. It is a light helicopter, with the greatest drop weight of over 3.5 tons and can convey a payload of as much as 1 ton.
Defence Acquisition Council (DAC):
- most noteworthy basic leadership body in the Defense Ministry for settling on new arrangements and capital acquisitions for the three administrations (Army, Navy and Air Force) and the Indian Coast Guard.
- The Minister of Defense is the Chairman of the Council.
- It was framed, after the Group of Minister’s suggestions on ‘Changing the National Security System’, in 2001, post-Kargil War (1999)
Uniform Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practices
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Health sector
- Division of Pharmaceuticals (DoP), which goes under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, has once more “mentioned organizations to comply with UCPMP” Uniform Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practices
From Prelims Point of view:
Uniform Code of Pharmaceuticals Marketing Practices, (“UCPMP Code”)
- deliberate code gave by the Department Of Pharmaceuticals identifying with advertising rehearses for Indian Pharmaceutical Companies and also medicinal gadgets industry.
Topic: General Studies 3
- Indian Economy and issues identifying with arranging, activation, of assets, development, improvement and work.
- Science and Technology
UPI- India’s Digital Payment Revolution
Google composing a letter to the US Federal Reserve two months back requesting that they gain from Indian advanced instalments
Additionally, computerized instalment exchanges on the Universal Payment Interface (UPI) stage rose from 0.1 million in October 2016 to 1.3 billion in January 2020
India’s payment revolution comes from
- A reasonable vision – moving the framework from low volume, high worth, and significant expense too high volume, low worth, minimal effort
- A reasonable technique – directed and unregulated private players improving over open foundation (UPI)
- Exchange offs adjusted by plan – guideline versus development, security versus personalisation, and convenience versus extortion counteraction
- It is a typical stage through which an individual can move cash from his ledger to some other financial balance in the nation in a split second utilizing only his/her UPI ID.
- Propelled in 2016 as Mobile First advanced instalments stage
- Prompt cash move through cell phone nonstop 24*7 and 365 days dependent on the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) stage.
- UPI is totally interoperable and in that capacity, it is special on the planet, where you have an interoperable framework on the ‘send’ and ‘get’ side
- Created by: National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) under the direction from RBI
Significance of UPI
- It made interoperability between all sources and beneficiaries of assets (shoppers, organizations, fintech, wallets, 140 part banks),
- Settled in a flash inside the national bank in fiat cash – Convenience to purchasers and shippers and
- Blunted information imposing business models – huge tech firms have solid self-rule yet powerless trustee duties over client information).
UPI offers the following policy lessons.
- To start with, the India stack — interconnected at this point autonomous stages or open APIs — are an open decent that brings down costs, spikes development, and blunts the characteristic computerized champ takes-all.
- Second, the coordinated effort can make biological systems that beat existing snags—the execution deficiency of government, the trust shortage of privately owned businesses, and the scale shortfall of philanthropies.
- Third, integral strategy intercessions are significant. Demonetisation and GST went about as an impetus for the progress to advanced instalments.
- Fourth, human capital and assorted variety matter. This transformation required profession administrators to band together with scholastics, tech business people, investors, worldwide monsters and private firms.
However, more needs to be done
- The focal government must cutoff time digitizing every one of its instalments.
- The RBI must execute the 100 or more activity things (plots in RBI’s Vision 2021 record) and the suggestions of Nandan Nilekani Committee for Deepening Digital Payments.
- RBI should utilize RuPay and UPI to tap the settlements advertise – which directly remains at 70billion USD and is generally in casual space
- RBI must recreate the centre structure of UPI — savage yet feasible private and open challenge — in bank credit to build our present half Credit-to – GDP proportion to at any rate 100%(OECD level)
- This experience demonstrates that India shouldn’t be Western or Chinese to be current. In the event that our policymakers had replicated Alipay or US banks, we wouldn’t have seen this advanced instalments insurgency
- Repeating the comparable model in instruction, medicinal services, and taxpayer-supported organizations will help in accomplishing the financial objectives laid out in our Constitution
Connecting the Dots
- UPI 2.0 launched on August 2018
- Nandan Nilekani Committee for Deepening Digital Payments.
- More about NPCI
Topic: General Studies 2 –
- Components, laws, foundations and Bodies comprised for the security and improvement of these helpless sections(women)
Abortion – Amendments to Medical Termination of Pregnancy(MTP) Act -Mixed bag
Association Cabinet’s endorsement of the corrected MTP Bill 2020 which included changes requested by ladies’ gatherings and courts, including the Supreme Court.
- Under the 1971 MTP Act, a pregnancy can be ended until 20 weeks after origination in the event that it will hurt the mother if the pregnancy was the consequence of assault if the youngster will be brought into the world with genuine physical or mental deformities, or if there should arise an occurrence of preventative disappointment.
- On the off chance that the pregnancy has gone more than 20 weeks, at that point ladies need to look for a legitimate course to end the pregnancy. The moderate legal procedure is along these lines pushing her to rely upon illicit specialist organizations for the end of undesirable pregnancies.
- As per the service of wellbeing and family welfare, fetus removal passings establish 8% of every single maternal demise every year in India
The Bill looks to broaden the end of pregnancy period from 20 months to two years, making it simpler for ladies to securely and legitimately end an undesirable pregnancy.
The proposed alterations will decrease the weight on the legal executive. The Court cases are wide of two sorts. Let us basically investigate both these sorts
Type 1 – Pregnancies that stretch out past 20 weeks of incubation because of assault, interbreeding or of minor ladies.
- The new Act appropriately addresses these by stretching out the recommended period of premature birth to 24 weeks.
- Be that as it may, such cases structure a minute extent of the complete number.
- For such cases, even the 24-week top should be possible away with, given the premature births can be securely done.
Type 2–Pregnancies that become undesirable after innate fetal peculiarities are found after testing
- With the progression in pre-birth fetal screening/analytic advances – like Ultrasonography-all the more such cases are being recorded in courts.
- The expansion to 24 weeks appears to offer spread to these cases for fetus removal administrations, therefore opening up the likelihood for any intrinsic peculiarity to be utilized as justification for premature birth.
- These fetal irregularities would include some which are good with life and some which are contrary to life.
- What establishes an oddity and whether it is life perfect or not relying upon restorative progression and what is considered socially alluring.
- This brings up worries that bringing up kids with incapacity can turn out to be “socially unfortunate”
- With innate inconsistencies as a ground for fetus removal, the eugenic mentality of having socially attractive youngsters could drive more ladies into hazardous late premature births.
- The methodology of medicinal sheets educating courts in cases regarding late premature births under this Act will be basic to adjusting ladies’ entitlement to pick with hazard to the lady and the intentions in fetus removal.
Other Salient features of the bill is:
- The necessity of the assessment of one enlisted restorative specialist (RMP) for end of pregnancy as long as 20 weeks of growth – Earlier two RMP
- The necessity of the assessment of two RMPs for end of pregnancy of 20 to multi-week
- Raising the upper incubation limit from 20 to 24 weeks for unique classes of ladies, including incorporate assault survivors, casualties of inbreeding, in an unexpected way abled ladies and minors
- Name and different points of interest of a lady whose pregnancy has been ended will not be uncovered, but to an individual approved in any law
- Broaden the preventative disappointment condition for an end to incorporate “any lady or her accomplice” from the present arrangement for “just wedded lady or her better half”.
Connecting the dots!
- Reproductive rights of women vs Rights (if any) of an unborn child
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
Q 1. From which one of the following did India buy the Ka 226 T light helicopter?
Q 2. What is “Lucknow declaration “, sometimes seen in the news?
- An Israeli radar system collaboration with India
- India’s indigenous anti-missile Programme
- An American anti-missile system
- A defence collaboration between India and Africa
Q 3. Which one of the following can be the most likely reason for the Central Bank for such an action?
- Encouraging foreign investment
- Increasing the liquidity
- Encouraging both public and private savings
- Anti-inflationary stance