Application Process - SSC je
Staff Selection Commission had released SSC JE 2019 Notification and Application Form on August 13, 2019. Last day to register online for SSC JE 2019 exam was September 12, 2019.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in civil/ mechanical/ electrical engineering are eligible to apply for the exam. Check SSC JE Eligibility
- The exam is conducted in two papers. The exam dates for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be announced soon.
- Paper 1 is an online exam having multiple choice questions while Paper 2 is a written exam. Check SSC JE Exam Pattern
- The Syllabus includes questions from General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering.
- Candidates will have to score minimum cutoff marks in both paper 1 and paper 2 to be recruited as Junior Engineer in various departments.
SSC JE Exam Dates 2019
SSC JE 2019 Registration Process has begun from August 13, 2019. The schedule for the exam is given below:
|Release of SSC JE Online Application Form||August 13, 2019|
|Last Date of SSC JE Registration||September 12, 2019 (5:00 PM) (Over)|
|Last Date of Online Fee Payment/ Challan generation||September 14, 2019 (5:00 PM)|
Last Date of Offline Fee Payment through Challan
|September 16, 2019 (Banking Hours)|
|Release of SSC JE Admit Card||September 14, 2019|
|Date for Paper-I||To be announced|
|Date for Paper-II||To be announced|
SSC JE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are willing to appear for the exam should check their eligibility before filling SSC JE Application Form. The verification of the eligibility conditions of the applicants would take place at the time of the recruitment process. Given below is SSC JE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
SSC JE 2019 Nationality
Candidates who are the citizens of mentioned country are eligible to appear for the Exam–
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC JE Age Limit
A candidate should fulfill the required age criteria as on January 1, 2020:
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical), Central Water Commision And CPWD||32 Years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical), MES and other departments||30 Years|
Candidates belonging to reserved categories will be permitted relaxation in upper age limit as per government of India reservation norms.
SSC JE Educational Qualification
Applicants must possess Engineering degree or diploma in any of the following specialization:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The requirement varies for the position applied. Also, in case of diploma holders, two/ three years of relevant field experience is required.
SSC JE Application Form 2019
SSC JE Application Form can be filled in online mode only at the official website – ssc.nic.in. The last date to submit the application form was September 12, 2019 (up to 5:00 PM). Candidates should read the important instructions carefully before start filling SSC JE Application Form.
SSC JE Application Fee
SSC JE application fee is INR 100/-. Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD and Ex-Servicemen are eligible for reservation and are exempted from paying the fee.
- The application fee can be paid either through online mode or offline mode.
- The online mode includes payment through BHIM UPI, net banking/debit card/credit cards.
- However, the offline mode includes payment through SBI Challan.
- Challan is generated online after the completion of SSC JE Part 1 Registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the Part 2 Registration.
SSC JE Admit Card 2019
- SSC JE 2019 admit card will be available on the official website. Candidates applied for the written test can download the admit card from ssc.nic.in.
- They need to carry admit card along with Aadhar Card and a Passport Sized Photograph on the exam day.
- A candidate failing to produce the SSC JE hall ticket will not be allowed to appear for the entrance exam.
- It is an important document as it contains the roll number and exam center of the candidates.
- The last date to download the Admission letter is the day of exam.
- Eligible candidates can download their SSC JE Admit Card from the respective regional website.
Read the instructions carefully to download the SSC Junior Engineer Admit Card:
- Visit the official website at ssc.nic.in
- Click on the link “SSC JE Admit Card”
- Visit the respective regional website of SSC
- Click SSC JE Admit Card link
- Enter the required credentials such as registration number and date of birth
- SSC Junior Engineer Admit Card for paper 1 will be shown on the webpage
- Take a print out of the same
SSC JE Exam Centres
SSC JE Exam is scheduled to be conducted in over 115 cities around the country. Candidates have the option to provide the test city of their choice as per their convenience while filling the application form. They should clearly indicate their preferences of exam centres in SSC JE Application Form. No request to change the examination Centre will be entertained.
SSC JE 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam consists of 2 Papers- Paper 1 (objective type) and Paper 2 (conventional type). The time duration for each, Paper 1 and Paper 2 is 2 hours. SSC JE Exam Pattern highlights are as follows:
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper 1 (Objective Type)
|Mode||Computer Based Test (Online Mode)|
General Intelligence & Reasoning
Part- A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part- C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Maximum Marks||200 Marks|
|Negative Marking||0.25 Marks|
|Duration & Timing (Date to be intimidated later)||Morning Shift (10:00 AM to 12:00 PM) Afternoon Shift (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)|
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper 2 (Conventional Type)
|Mode||Written Exam (Offline Mode)|
Part- A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part- C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Maximum Marks||300 Marks|
|Duration & Timing (Date to be intimated later)||2 Hours|
Note: Candidates appearing for JE Civil should appear for Part A (Civil & Structural) and similarly for other streams.
SSC JE Syllabus 2019
SSC JE Exam is conducted through two phases- Paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is a general screening exam while paper 2 is a core engineering subject exam.
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper 1
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper 1 is given below:
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Basic topics related to Analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc|
|General Awareness||Basic topics related to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.|
|General Engineering||Basic topics related to Civil and Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.|
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper 2
Paper 2 has three core papers for respective students. To check the detailed syllabus of particular paper click on the links below:
|Civil and Structural Engineering Syllabus||Electrical Engineering Syllabus||Mechanical Engineering Syllabus|
SSC JE Result 2019
SSC JE exam result will be released by the commission soon after the exam is held. Candidates can check the result at the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in. In order to check the result, candidates have to search in with their respective SSC JE exam roll number. Given below are the steps to check the SSC JE Result –
- Visit the official website at ssc.nic.in
- Click JE tab under the Result tab
- Click on the respective link “SSC JE Result”
- A pdf file will get open, search your roll number to check your result
SSC JE Answer Key 2019
The Commission releases two separate answer keys for SSC JE Paper 1 and Paper 2. Answer keys for Paper 1 and Paper 2 shall be uploaded at ssc.nic.in along with the question papers. Answer key helps the candidates to analyze their performances in the Junior Engineer Exam.
SSC JE Answer Keys will be available for the candidates once the exam takes place. The steps to download Answer Key is mentioned below-
- Visit the official website of ssc.nic.in
- Under the Answer Key tab, click for the respective link for Junior Engineer Answer Keys.
- Just below the notice, a link would be provided for downloading SSC JE Answer Key, click on it.
- Now, enter Roll Number, Password and choose the exam date on which you appeared.
- Click on Submit to get the Answer Key.
SSC JE 2019 Cutoff
The cut off scores are the minimum scores that a candidate needs to obtain in order to qualify the exam. SSC JE cut off is decided by the Commission. The SSC releases separate cut offs each for paper 1 and paper 2. The given below table provides previous year SSC JE Cut Off for 2016-17 (tier 1):
|Category||Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Cut Off||Civil Engineering Cut Off|
SSC JE 2019 Selection Process
SSC JE Recruitment is conducted for eligible candidates for various Junior Engineer posts and vacancies. The Recruitment Process takes place after the declaration of Results. Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their scores obtained in both the Paper 1 & 2.
Candidates who successfully qualify the SSC JE Exam will be eligible for participating in Recruitment Process and shall be on probation for a period of 2-years. During the period of probation, candidates would be required to undergo such training or pass such examinations as prescribed by the Controlling Authority.
Exam Pattern - SSC je
SSC JE 2019 is conducted in two Papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is an objective type test whereas Paper 2 is a descriptive exam. The syllabus is based on General Reasoning and Awareness and General Engineering (Civil & Structural), (Electrical) or (Mechanical) as per candidates’ choice.
Latest: SSC JE 2019 Registration has begun. Last day to submit application is September 12, 2019.
- SSC JE Paper 1 consists of 200 questions to be attempted in a duration of 2 hours.
- The paper is divided in 3 sections – General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical). Check SSC JE Eligibility
- Candidates have to appear in either one of the streams of General Engineering in both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer applicable in Paper 1 only.
- Candidates who manage to clear paper 1 will be eligible to appear in paper 2.
- Paper 2 is a descriptive paper of 300 marks and 2 hours duration. Questions will be based on the candidates’ specialization in Engineering.
SSC JE 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
Given below are the important highlights of exam pattern of SSC JE 2019:
|Number of papers||2|
|Exam Mode||Paper 1: Computer based test (Online), Paper 2: Pen and paper based mode (Offline)|
|Question Paper Type||Paper 1: Multiple Choice Questions, Paper 2: Descriptive Paper|
|Total marks||Paper 1: 200 marks Paper 2: 300 marks|
|Exam duration||2 hours for each paper|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks in Paper 1 only|
SSC JE 2019 Exam Pattern
SSC JE 2019 is conducted in two papers i.e. paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is an objective paper while Paper 2 is a descriptive paper. Given below is detailed exam pattern for paper 1 and paper 2:
SSC JE Paper 1 Pattern
- Paper 1 is a computer based test having multiple choice questions.
- It consists of 3 sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical).
- Section 1 and 2 are same for each candidate. In section 3, candidates have to choose their respective subject from Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering.
- Section 1 and 2 consist of 50 questions each. These sections test the candidate’s ability and knowledge of general reasoning and awareness. Section 3 consists of 100 questions and examines candidate’s knowledge for the subject chosen from Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrica Engineering.
- In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidate will be required to attempt only the part as per option given in the application form filled by the candidate.
- In other words, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil or Quantity Surveying & Contracts) are required to attempt Part-A (Civil & Structural Engineering)
- Candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) are required to attempt Part-B (Electrical Engineering)
- Candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) are required to attempt Part-C (Mechanical Engineering)
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks per wrong answer.
Given below is the section-wise number of questions, marks and duration for Paper 1:
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Exam duration|
|Paper I – Objective type||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50 MCQs||50 marks||A cumulative duration of 2 hours|
|General Awareness||50 MCQs||50 marks|
|General Engineering Part A – (Civil & Structural OR Part B (Electrical) OR Part C (Mechanical)||100 MCQs||100 marks|
|Total||3 Subjects||200 MCQs||200 Marks||120 minutes|
SSC JE Paper 2 Pattern
- Paper 2 is a descriptive paper conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Candidates have to attempt question paper of 300 marks in 2 hours.
- Paper 2 is a conventional type exam, candidates have to choose the subject from Part A- Civil & Structural Engineering, Part B- Electrical Engineering or Part C- Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Table and Steam Table for Paper-II.
- There is no negative marking applicable in Paper-2.
|Paper||Subjects||Maximum marks||Exam duration & time|
|Paper II – Descriptive Type|
Part A – General Engineering (Civil and Structural) OR
Part B – General Engineering (Electrical) OR
Part C – General Engineering (Mechanical)
|300 marks||2 hours (from 2 pm to 4 pm)|
SSC JE Syllabus 2019
SSC JE Syllabus includes topics from General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and Technical topics of candidates’ respective specialization in Paper 1. While in Paper 2, candidates have to solve the problems based on the topics from Civil, Electrical and Mechanical engineering as chosen by the candidates. Given below are the key points of the SSC JE Syllabus:
SSC JE Paper 1 Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning
This section in Paper 1 of SSC JE comprises 50 questions. It includes questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualisation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
This section also includes 50 MCQs. The questions test candidate’s knowledge of current events relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
This section in Paper 1 consists of 100 objections based on the stream opted by the candidate amongst Civil/ Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Part A – Civil Engineering Syllabus: Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
- Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.
- Part B – Electrical Engineering Syllabus: Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilisation and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
- Part C Mechanical Engineering Syllabus: Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Properties of Pure Substances, 1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engines Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines. Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steel.
SSC JE Paper 2 Syllabus
There are three parts in Paper 2 – Part A (Civil Engineering), Part B (Electrical Engineering) and Part C (Mechanical Engineering). Candidates have to indicate their choice of specialisation in the application form.
Candidates can check all the topics of Mechanical Engineering in the table given below:
|Theory of Machines and Machine Design||Fitting & Accessories|
|Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials||Air Compressors & their cycles|
|Properties of Pure Substances||Refrigeration cycles|
|1st Law of Thermodynamics||The principle of Refrigeration Plant|
|2nd Law of Thermodynamics||Nozzles & Steam Turbines|
|IC Engines Combustion||Properties & Classification of Fluids|
|Air standard Cycles for IC Engines||Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure|
|IC Engine Performance||Fluid kinematics|
|IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication||Dynamics of Ideal fluids|
|Rankine cycle of System||Measurement of Flow Rate|
|Classification of steels||–|
These are the topics that must be prepared for Electrical Engineering Paper:
|Basic concepts||Synchronous Machines|
|Magnetic Circuit||Transmission and Distribution|
|AC Fundamentals||Estimation and Costing|
|Measurement and Measuring Instruments||Utilization and Electrical Energy|
|Electrical Machines||Basic Electronics|
|Fractional Kilowatt Motors||Single phase induction Motors|
SSC JE Civil Engineering Syllabus
All the questions of Civil and Structural Engineering will be asked from the topics mentioned in the table below:
|Estimating, Costing , and Valuation||Irrigation Engineering|
|Soil Mechanics||Environmental Engineering|
|Theory of Structures||Concrete Technology|
|RCC Design||Steel Design|
Result - ssc je
SSC JE Result 2019 will be declared on February 15’ 2020 tentatively. Staff Selection Commission is expected to conduct Junior Engineer Exam from September 23-27, 2019. A large number of candidates apply in this exam at many Centers all over India. This exam is conducted to recruit Junior Engineers in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Departments of Government Organisations.
- Staff Selection Commission will declare the final results of Junior Engineer Exam on ssc.nic.in.
- Students who have appeared for the exam can check SSC results with their Name and Registered ID, Password, Date of Birth details.
- The board also releases answer keys of both Tier I and Tier II paper before result declaration.
- Candidates who will qualify the Tier I of SSC JE 2019 will be eligible for appearing for the Tier II level.
- The result will be released in the form of a PDF file carrying the marks of only qualified candidates.
Selection Procedure for SSC JE is such that candidates must qualify all the stages of recruitment that can be Tier I, Tier II, Document Verification. Candidates who qualify Tier I are allowed to appear for Tier II of the examination and the qualifiers of Tier II are called for document verification. Candidates who are declared eligible after document verification are finally recruited.
How to Check SSC JE Result 2019?
SSC JE Result 2019 will be announced soon after completion of the exam. The schedule for Tier 1 exam will be held from September 23 – 27, 2019 and the result shall been announced for it in October, 2019. After result of Tier 1, qualified candidates can download admit card for Tier 2. SSC JE Tier 1 Result 2019 would contain two lists in which roll number, name, category of qualified candidates shall be given.
Following are the Steps to Check SSC JE Results 2019:
- Visit the official website i.e ssc.nic.in
- Click on the Result Tab from the Menu
- Scroll to JE section
- Find SSC JE Result 2019 in PDF format
Expected Cut off for SSC JE 2019
The cut off is the criteria to shortlist eligible applicants for SSC JE Paper II. Junior Engineer examination is conducted for Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract posts. Students who prepare for SSC Junior Engineer JE exam should know how much marks they should get in order to be on safer side.
The following table gives a rough idea on what cut off can be expected:
SSC JE 2019 Merit List
Earlier times the selection process of JE Recruitment includes written exam and interview. Recently the authorities have made modifications in the selection rounds, and now candidates are being selected based on performance in paper-1 and paper-2. Many candidates who are interested in graduation jobs appear in the exam. SSC JE Paper 1 exam answer key 2019 shall be released within a short time after completion of the Exam.
Follow the step- by- step procedure to check SSC Junior Engineer Exam Merit List 2019
- Log in to the official website of SSC.
- Search for a link “Results of Jr. Engineer Paper I Examination 2019” on the home page and click on it.
- You can find a new window on your screen with empty fields to be filled in.
- Enter the details required such as date of birth, registration ID, user name, seat no/ roll no, etc. and click on the submit button.
- You will find a PDF file on your screen. Check your name and roll number in the PDF to confirm your selection status for paper- II exam.
- Save the PDF for future reference.
- If you are selected, please make sure you save a copy of the PDF as it will be helpful for the next selection stage.
Practice paper - ssc je
Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC JE exam for the recruitment of Junior Engineer in various central and state governments and ministries.
- The exam consists of two papers- Paper 1 has General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Engineering while Paper 2 has questions based on Civil, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering as per candidates choice. Check Exam Pattern
- Candidates must prepare their choice of engineering with respective books and attempt a number of mock tests to get into a habit of taking the exams and finishing it in time.
Candidates can download SSC JE 2019 previous years’ question papers from below and practice from them: