Application Process - ssc mts
SSC-MTS Application Form 2019 was available from April 22 – May 29, 2019 at the official website – ssc.nic.in. SSC had activated the “Know Your Status” link for candidates who had filled the application form for Multitasking Staff (non-technical) posts.
How to Check Application Status?
Candidates have to follow below given steps to know their application status:
- Visit the official website and look for “Know Your Status” link or click on the official link given above.
- Select “ Application Status” from the drop down menu
- Now, Select “SSC-MTS Exam”
- If you know your Registered ID/Roll No., Click on Yes and enter required details to know your status.
- If you don’t know your Registered ID/Roll No., Click on No and enter your name, mother’s name, DOB to know your status.
SSC-MTS Registration Facts
- To apply for the exam candidates must have passed class 10th from a recognized board. Check SSC-MTS Eligibility
- The form can be filled in 4 simple steps: Registration, filling application form, uploading images and fee payment.
- Candidates belonging to general/OBC category have to make fee payment of INR 100 for the exam.
- Reserved category and female candidates are exempted from application fee payment.
- The exam has two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2 are scheduled from August 2 to 22, 2019 and November 17, 2019 respectively. Check Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission. It is organized for candidates seeking recruitment in Group C level, non-ministerial posts in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments /Offices, in different States/Union Territories.
SSC-MTS Application Form 2019 Highlights
Candidates can check important highlights about SSC-MTS 2019 which have been mentioned below:
|SSC MTS Recruitment 2019||Exam Details|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Applying Mode||Online mode|
|Number of Papers||2 i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|Eligibility criteria||Candidate must have passed class 10th from a recognized board.|
|Application Fee||INR 100 for General candidates, No Fees for reserved category and female candidates|
SSC-MTS Application Form Dates 2019
Given below is the schedule for Multi – Tasking exam released by SSC:
|SSC MTS Official Notification PDF release date||April 22, 2019|
|Last date of fill SSC MTS 2019 Application Form||May 29, 2019|
|Availability of SSC MTS Admit Card (Paper 1)||July 19, 2019|
|SSC MTS Paper 1||August 2 to 22, 2019|
|SSC MTS Paper 2||November 17, 2019|
SSC-MTS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Application form of candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria can get rejected at any stage. Before filling the application form, candidates must check SSC-MTS eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates belonging to Bhutan or Nepal are eligible to apply.
- Tibetan refugee who came to India permanently before January 1, 1962 are eligible.
- Indian origin people who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, and Sri Lanka, East African countries such as Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam permanently to India are eligible.
SSC-MTS Age Limit 2019
Candidates’ age must be between 18-25 years. Reserved category candidates will get relaxation in age. Given below is the age criteria for reserved category candidates.
|Category||Max. Age Limit|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(GEN)||30 years|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(OBC)||33 years|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(SC/ST)||35 years|
Candidates must have passed class 10th from a recognized board as on August 1, 2019.
How to Fill SSC-MTS Application Form 2019?
Students can apply online for SSC-MTS. The form is divided into 2 parts, part-1 and part-2. Here are a few steps to help you guide-
Step 1: SSC-MTS Registration
- Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in
- Register yourself with a valid email ID. Only a single application form will be accepted from each state/union territory from a candidate.
- Fill up the necessary details in the application form correctly.
- Click on the APPLY ONLINE button. Print a hard copy for future reference.
- In the case of multiple applications in the online mode, only the last application for which both the parts of registration (part-1 and part-2) are completed will only be accepted.
Step 2: Fill Online Application Form
The online application form asks for the following information which have to be submitted by the candidate-
- Name and code of the state/Union Territory
- Personal Information
- Education qualification
- Work experience
- Residential address, name, and signature of candidate
Step 3: Uploading Photo and Signature
- The uploading of photograph and signature should be only in the following format-
|Scanned Photograph||8-bit||100×120 pixels||JPG format|
|Scanned Signature||8-bit||140×60 pixels||JPG format|
Step 4: SSC-MTS Application Fee Payment
- Candidates can pay their fees through net banking or their credit card/debit card. It can also be paid by SBI challan available on the website. Here are a few steps to guide you:
- Log onto the official website – ssc.nic.in
- Click on the APPLY section available on the top of the page. Go to offline challan and press the link
- Fill in the registration ID and password and click on the submit button.
- Candidates can take a printout of the following challan and can show it to the nearest SBI branch for payments.
- Reserved category students and females are exempted from paying the application fee.
Details to be Filled in SSC MTS Application Form
Given below are some of the information candidates have to fill in the application form. Candidates have to fill the basic, personal, communication and educational details in SSC MTS 2019 Application Form.
|Personal Information||Candidates Name
Mother’s Name, etc.
|Communication Details||Correspondence Address
Permanent Address with Pin code and State
|Educational Qualification||Details of class 10th (subject, type of degree, marks obtained and year of passing)|
Exam Pattern - ssc mts
Staff Selection Commission specifies exam pattern for SSC Multi Tasking Staff recruitment. It is conducted through two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I consists of objective type multiple choice questions while Paper II has descriptive questions.
- Paper 1 has 4 sections namely General english, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, and General Awareness. Check SSC MTS Syllabus
- The paper will be set in both English and Hindi language except general english section.
- Each question carry 1 mark and negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer will be applicable. Check SSC MTS Marking Scheme
- Total duration of Paper I is 90 minutes. For visually handicapped and cerebral palsy candidates it is 120 minutes.
- Paper 2 of SSC MTS is qualifying in nature and has one descriptive (Essay or Letter writing) question for 50 marks.
- Total duration of Paper II is 30 minutes. For visually handicapped and cerebral palsy candidates it is 40 minutes.
- Those who qualify Paper 1 as per SSC MTS Cutoff will be eligible to appear for Paper 2.
Download SSC MTS Previous Years’ Question Papers
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2019
Staff Selection Commission determines the exam pattern of multi tasking staff examination.
SSC MTS Paper I Pattern
- The paper comprises of objective type multiple choice questions.
- Duration of the exam is 1.5 hours.
- Following table show the marks distribution of the paper:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration for General candidates||Total Duration for PWD candidates|
|General English||25||25||90 Minutes||120 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
SSC MTS Paper II Pattern
- Paper II is a descriptive paper and qualifying in nature. It tests elementary language skills of the candidates.
- The paper consists of one question on short essay writing/letter writing in English or any language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution.
- Paper II will be of 50 marks
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Total Duration for General candidates||Total Duration for PWD candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50||30 minutes||40 minutes|
- Paper I consists of 100 questions; each question will carry 1 mark each.
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper II is of qualifying nature and will only test candidates’ elementary skills. It will have a maximum marks of 50. Only those who qualify the paper I will be eligible to write Paper II.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2019
Below is topic-wise break up of all the sections that will be covered in SSC MTS 2019 Exam:
|Sections||SSC MTS Syllabus|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Similarities and Differences, Space Visualization, Problem Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Observation, Relationship Concepts, Figure Classification, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, Arithmetical Computation, Analytical Functions etc.|
|Numerical Aptitude Syllabus||Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Use Of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time And Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.|
|General Awareness||Questions will be set to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness about the world around him and of political environment of the country. The test will also include questions on current events and India’s recent economic and social policies. Candidates should also keep themselves updated on India’s relations/agreements with the neighboring countries. Apart from that, candidates should cover the following topics:
Indian Constitution, Booker and Nationa, Award Winning Books, History, Culture, Awards and Honors, Current Affairs, Science – Inventions & Discoveries. Important Financial & Economic News
|English Language||Candidates will be tested on their understanding of the Basics of English Language, Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc. Along with that, candidates will be tested on his/her writing ability.|
SSC MTS Books 2019
Candidates can take guidance from the books listed below for the topics covered in the SSC MTS 2019 exam
|English||Plinth to Paramount Wren & Martin (for basics)||Neetu Singh
|Quantitative Aptitude||Kiran Magical book on quicker Maths (M. Tyra)|| Kiran’s Publications
BSC Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.
|Reasoning||Lucent Reasoning Arihant||Lucent Publication
|General Awareness||Lucent’s Objective General Knowledge Lucent’s G.K paper back||Lucent Publication
Dr.Binay Karna,Sanjeev Kumar and Manwendra Mukul
Result - ssc mts
SSC MTS Result 2019 for Paper 1 will be announced on October 25, 2019. Candidates can download the result from the official website – ssc.nic.in by logging in with their roll number and password. SSC MTS Tier 1 Result will be published in PDF format containing the roll numbers of qualified candidates.
- SSC MTS provisional answer keys and response sheets were available from September 6 – 12, 2019.
- Candidates could send challenges against the answer key in this period only.
- After verifying the challenges, Final answer keys and result will be released in the PDF format.
- Candidates need to search their roll number and name in the list.
- Only Tier 1 qualifiers will be invited to appear for Tier 2 – descriptive test scheduled on November 17, 2019. Check Cutoff
- Candidates who will qualify in Paper 2 will be recruited in MTS posts.
- The merit list will be on the basis of the performance of candidates in the written examination. Check Selection Process
- There will be no further interview taken by SSC for the recruitment of candidates in MTS posts.
- SSC MTS 2019 for Paper 1 was conducted from August 2 to August 22, 2019 in online mode.
Paper 1 of SSC MTS examination
August 2 to 22, 2019
SSC MTS Answer Keys Available
September 6 – 12, 2019 (Extended)
Paper 1 of SSC MTS Result
October 25, 2019
Paper 2 of SSC MTS examination
November 17, 2019
Final result of SSC MTS
Second week of December, 2019
Candidates can check their SSC MTS Result for Paper 1 and Paper 2 online. Following are the steps for checking the result:
- First, visit the official website – ssc.nic.in.
- Search for “result” tab in the header menu on the home page.
- Click on the “result” tab.
- A pop-up window will appear on your computer screen containing various tabs such as CHSL, CGL, JE, JHT, etc. Click on “Departmental exam”.
- Search for SSC MTS Result. You will find a link that says “click here” under result column. Click on that link.
- A PDF will open as you click on the result. It will contain the list of successful candidates.
- There will be thousands of names on the list. The easiest way to find your result is to press “CTRL +F” on your keyboard.
- A search box will appear on the page.
- Enter your roll number or name in the search box. Press enter.
- Your roll number or name will be located automatically on the list.
- If you cannot find your roll number or name on the list, it means that you have not qualified in the examination.
By following all these steps, the candidate can easily check your result.
Details on SSC MTS Scorecard
SSC does not publish any scorecard for candidates who have appeared in SSC MTS examination. However, there are some important things that you must know:
- Candidates can see the marks that they have obtained in SSC MTS 2019 by clicking on the result button.
- A PDF will open where candidates can see the marks obtained by them.
- If a candidate does not find his name on the PDF, it implies that he has not qualified in the examination.
- Candidates have to find their roll number or name in the list to see the marks obtained by them.
Candidates must download the result as it can be needed in future.
SSC MTS Answer Keys 2019 for Paper 1 were released by SSC on September 6, 2019. Candidates can download the answer key to evaluate their performance in SSC MTS 2019 examination. The steps to download SSC MTS 2019 answer key are as follows:
- Visit the website of SSC.
- Click on “Answer Key” that you can find on the top menu.
- Click on the link: “SSC MTS Answer Key 2019”.
- Select the date of your examination.
- A PDF link will appear.
- Click on the link to view the answer keys.
The answer key contains all the answers to the questions that were asked in the examination.
Candidates can check if they are eligible for Paper II in the merit list that will be published by SSC after the paper I examination of SSC MTS 2019. Selected candidates will be allowed to appear for Paper II examination. Paper II for SSC MTS will be of qualifying nature. If two or more candidates obtain equal marks, then it will be resolved by following some rules:
- Higher scorer in Paper 2 will be given preference.
- One who is elder in age will be given preference.
- If the tie exists even after following the above two rules, then the one whose name comes first as per alphabetical order will be selected.
Candidates who will obtain the qualifying marks in Paper II and will secure a position on the final merit list based on Paper I examination will be recruited in the MTS posts.
SSC MTS 2019 Cutoff
Cut off is the minimum number marks that a candidate needs to obtain for qualifying in the SSC MTS 2019 examination. It will be released by SSC on their official website during the announcement of results. SSC MTS 2019 cut off marks vary from year to year as it depends on some parameters.
The factors that affect the cut off marks are as follows:
- The difficulty level of examination.
- Average marks scored by candidates
- Number of candidates who have appeared for the examination
- Number of seats available
After the announcement of the final result in December, 2019, selected candidates will be recruited for MTS posts. Candidates whose names appear on SSC MTS 2019 merit list will be appointed to the MTS posts of the central government.
Candidates will be recruited after document verification. The original certificates will be returned back to them. The documents that candidates need to carry during recruitment to MTS posts are as follows:
- Identity proof (PAN Card, Voter ID card, etc)
- Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Birth certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of residence
- Passport size photographs
Only photocopies of documents will not be accepted. Candidates need to carry original documents along with self attested photocopies.