The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) is a state-level exam conducting body that is responsible for recruiting eligible candidates for various administrative posts in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Established on 1st April 1937, UPPSC conducts various examinations such as the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Preliminary and Main Exam, Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF)/ Range Forest Officer (RFO) Exam, Review Officer/Assistant Review Officer Exam, etc. These exams are highly competitive and require candidates to have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus. UPPSC provides a great opportunity for individuals looking to pursue a career in the public sector and serve the state of Uttar Pradesh.
An important Date & Time for UPPSC 2023-2024 Exam
As of my knowledge cutoff of September 2021, the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has not yet released the exam dates for the 2023-2024 recruitment cycle. However, UPPSC generally releases the exam calendar in the month of March for the following year. Therefore, it is expected that the UPPSC exam calendar for the 2023-2024 recruitment cycle will be released in December 2022. Candidates can stay updated by regularly checking the UPPSC official website or subscribing to notification services provided by various online education portals. It is important to keep track of the exam dates as missing an exam can lead to disqualification and delay in the recruitment process.
|UPPSC 2023 Events||Important Dates|
|UPPSC 2023 notification release date||3rd March 2023|
|UP PCS 2023 online application begins on||3rd March 2023|
|Last Date to apply online||6th April 2023|
|PCS Prelims admit card release date||May 2023|
|UPPSC Prelims Exam Date 2023||14th May 2023|
|Answer key release date||June 2023 (Tentative)|
|UPPSC 2023 result||July 2023 (Tentative)|
|UP PCS admit card for Mains release date||23rd September 2023 onwards|
|UPPSC Mains exam date||December 2023 (Tentative)|
|PCS Interview||January/February 2024 (Tentative)|
|UP PCS Final Result||February/March 2024 (Tentative)|
|Interview Dates 2022||20th February – 21st March|
UPPSC Exam Overview
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) exam is a highly competitive exam that is conducted for various administrative posts in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The exam is conducted in multiple stages, starting with a preliminary exam followed by a main exam and an interview round. The UPPSC exam pattern and syllabus are designed to test a candidate’s knowledge, aptitude, and administrative skills. The exam covers a wide range of subjects such as General Studies, Indian History and Culture, Indian National Movement, Indian Polity, Economy and Culture, General Science, and Current Affairs. The UPPSC exam provides a great opportunity for individuals looking to pursue a career in the public sector and serve the state of Uttar Pradesh. The competition is high, and candidates need to prepare diligently to crack the exam. The UPPSC exam is considered to be one of the toughest exams in the country and requires a deep understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus.
To be eligible for the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) exam, candidates must fulfill certain eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting authority. The eligibility criteria vary depending on the post for which the candidate is applying. There are some of the common eligibility criteria include:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit: The candidate must be between the age of 21 and 40 years, as on 1st July of the year in which the exam notification is released. Age relaxations are provided to students belonging to reserved categories.
- Educational qualification: The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The educational qualification varies depending on the post for which the candidate is applying.
- Physical standards: Certain posts require the candidate to fulfill certain physical standards such as height, weight, and chest measurements.
It is important for candidates to thoroughly check the eligibility criteria before applying for the UPPSC exam as ineligible candidates will be disqualified from the recruitment process.
|UPPCS Eligibility Criteria 2023|
|Age||Minimum Age: 21 Years|
Maximum Age: 40 years
|Minimum education qualification||Bachelor’s/Postgraduate degree from the recognized university|
|Experience||No prior experience required|
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) exam is conducted in multiple stages, starting with a preliminary exam followed by a main exam and an interview round. The exam pattern for the preliminary exam consists of two objective-type papers – General Studies I and General Studies II (also known as the CSAT paper). The General Studies I paper comprises questions related to history, geography, polity, economics, environment, and current affairs, while the General Studies II paper tests the candidate’s comprehension, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
|Name of the Exam||Type of the Exam/Time||Marks|
|UPPSC Prelims Exam||Paper 1: General Studies I||150 marks|
|Paper 2: General Studies II (CSAT)||100 marks|
|UPPSC Mains Exam||General Hindi||150 marks|
|General Studies I||200 marks|
|General Studies II||200 marks|
|General Studies III||200 marks|
|General Studies IV||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 1||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 2||200 marks|
|UPPSC Interview||Personality Test/Interview||100 marks|
The UPPSC syllabus typically covers a wide range of topics, including General Studies, Indian Polity, Economy, History, Geography, Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology, and Current Affairs. In addition to this, the syllabus for different exams may also include specific subjects related to the respective positions, such as Mathematics, Engineering, and Medicine.
UPPCS Pre Exam Paper 1 Syllabus:
UPPCS Exam Total Marks: 200 marks
- Current events of national and international importance:
- History of India and Indian National Movement:
- India and World Geography –
- Indian Polity and Governance -.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Biodiversity, and Climate Change –
- General Science:
UPPCS Pre Exam Paper 2 Syllabus:
General Studies (CSAT) – II Total Marks: 200 marks
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level-Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
Elementary Mathematics (Up to Class X Level)
- Arithmetic:- (i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and Irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their Interrelationship. (ii) Average (iii) Ratio and proportion (iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple and Compound Interests (vii) Work and Time (viii) Speed, Time, and Distance.
- Algebra:- (i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their Interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations. (ii) Set Theory:- Set, null set, subsets, and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Geometry:- (i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium, and circles, their perimeter, and area. (ii) Volume and surface area of a sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone, and Cube.
- Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic Mean, Median, and Mode.
General English Up to Class X Level
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Parts of Speech
- Transformation of Sentences
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Punctuation and Spellings
- Words meanings
- Vocabulary & Usage
- Idioms and Phrases
- Fill in the Blanks
|शब्द रचना||पर्यायवाची शब्द|
|वाक्य रचना||मुहावरे & लोकोक्तियाँ|
|अर्थ||तत्सम एवं तद्भव|
|शब्द-रूप||देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)|
|संधि & समास||वर्तनी|
|अनेकार्थी शब्द||हिंदी भाषा में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ|
|विलोम शब्द||मुख्य बोलियाँ|
How to Prepare for UPPSC Exam?
Preparing for the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) exam can be a challenging task, but with proper planning and dedication, one can crack the exam with flying colors. Here are some tips to guidance you prepare for the UPPSC exam:
Understand the Syllabus
The first step towards UPPSC exam preparation is to understand the syllabus thoroughly.To prepare effectively for the UPPSC exam, it is essential to thoroughly analyze the syllabus and identify the topics that need more attention.
Make a Study Plan
Make a study plan that covers all the topics in the syllabus and allocate sufficient time for each subject. Be realistic and set achievable goals.
Practice Previous Year Papers
Solving previous year papers will give you an idea of the exam pattern, the type of questions asked, and the time required to complete the exam.
Read Newspapers and Magazines
Stay updated with the latest current affairs by reading newspapers, magazines, and other reliable sources of information.
Refer to Standard Books
Refer to standard books recommended by experts to prepare for different subjects.
Take Mock Tests
Mock tests are a valuable tool for UPPSC exam preparation as they enable you to gauge your level of readiness and identify areas where you need to improve. . Taking mock tests not only helps you evaluate your level of preparation but also enables you to improve your time management skills during the UPPSC exam.
Stay Focused and Motivated
Stay focused and motivated throughout the preparation period.. Take regular breaks, exercise, and eat healthy to keep your mind and body in top condition.
By following these tips and maintaining consistency in your preparation, you can improve your chances of cracking the UPPSC exam and achieving your goals.
Tips to Crack the UPPSC Exam
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) exam is highly competitive and requires thorough preparation and dedication to crack. Here are some tips to help you succeed in the UPPSC exam:
Understand the Exam Pattern
Familiarize yourself with the UPPSC exam pattern, including the number of papers, types of questions, and marking scheme. This will help you develop an effective strategy for the exam.
Focus on Conceptual Clarity
Emphasize conceptual clarity in your preparation rather than rote learning. This will help you understand the subject matter better and improve your problem-solving skills.
Manage Time Efficiently
Time management is critical during the UPPSC exam. Practice solving questions under timed conditions to developed your speed and accuracy.
Stay Updated with Current Affairs
Keep yourself updated with the latest current affairs by reading newspapers, magazines, and other reliable sources of information.
Take Mock Tests
Taking mock tests regularly will help you evaluate your level of preparation, identify areas where you need improvement, and boost your confidence.
Regular revision is crucial for UPPSC exam preparation as it helps you retain the information you have learned and improve your ability to recall it.
Stay Calm and Confident
Same days of Exam, stay calm and confident. Trust your preparation, and avoid making guesses or getting stuck on difficult questions.
How UPPSC I apply for upcoming UPPSC exams?
Here’s a revised version of the steps to apply for upcoming UPPSC exams:
- Go to the official website of UPPSC at http://uppsc.up.nic.in/.
- On the homepage of the UPPSC website, locate and click on the “All Notification/Advertisement” section.
- Read the notification for the exam you want to apply for carefully, making sure that you meet all eligibility requirements.
- Click on the “Apply” button and fill in the registration form with all necessary details.
- After filling out the application form, submit it and keep a copy of the confirmation page for future reference.
- Sign in using your registration number and password.
- Fill in the application form with all necessary details such as personal information, educational qualifications, and contact details.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the format specified by UPPSC while applying for the exam.
- Once you have filled out the application form, make the payment of the application fee through online mode.
- After the payment is completed, submit the application form and save the confirmation page for future reference.
Make sure to keep track of important dates such as the last date for registration, application fee payment, and exam date to ensure that you do not miss any deadlines. By following these steps, you can successfully apply for upcoming UPPSC exams.
UPPSC 2024 seat Reservation
Conclusion | UPPSC Exam 2023
In conclusion, applying for upcoming UPPSC exams is a simple and straightforward process. By visiting the official UPPSC website, registering for the exam, filling out the application form, uploading the required documents, making the payment, and submitting the form, you can complete the application process. It is important to keep track of important dates and deadlines to avoid missing any important steps. We hope that this guide has been helpful in outlining the steps to apply for UPPSC exams.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) Related to the UPPSC Exam
In this article, we have compiled some frequently asked questions related to the UPPSC Exam to help you better understand the exam and its requirements.
The UPPSC, which stands for Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, is a government organization that is responsible for conducting a variety of exams and recruitment processes to fill different posts in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific exam, but generally, candidates should have a minimum age of 21 years and possess a graduate degree from a recognized university.
The application fee may vary depending on the specific exam, but generally, it ranges from Rs. 80 to Rs. 225 for general and OBC candidates, and Rs. 40 to Rs. 105 for SC/ST candidates.
The selection process may vary depending on the specific exam, but generally, it involves a written examination followed by an interview or personality test.
Candidates can prepare for the UPPSC Exam by referring to the syllabus and previous year question papers, practicing mock tests and sample papers, and staying updated with current affairs and general knowledge.
The UPPSC Exam results are usually declared within a few months of the exam date. Candidates can check the official website of UPPSC for updates on the results.
Yes, candidates from other states can apply for the UPPSC Exam. However, they must meet the eligibility criteria and fulfill the necessary requirements specified in the notification.
The exam pattern may vary depending on the specific exam, but generally, it consists of multiple-choice questions covering various subjects such as general knowledge, current affairs, reasoning, and the specific subject related to the post.
Candidates can download their UPPSC Exam admit card from the official website of UPPSC by entering their registration number and date of birth.
No, candidates cannot make corrections to their UPPSC Exam application form after submission. It is important to fill out the form accurately and carefully before submitting it.
Yes, there is a negative marking in the UPPSC Exam. In the UPPSC Exam, there is a negative marking scheme where for every incorrect answer, 1/3rd of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted.