In India, medicine is known to be one of the prestigious professions. To become a successful doctor one must complete MBBS from the top medical colleges of the country. Students in India feel gratified when they dream of becoming a doctor and pursue MBBS or BDS by cracking the NEET entrance examination.
Aspirants who believe in their dream, study hard, and become doctors feel proud as they contribute to the welfare of humanity. It is also a matter of pride for the nation as it needs qualified and skilled doctors for the health care of the citizens and the growth of the country in the medical field.
Students who crack the NEET entrance examination with required marks, take admission in top medical institutes of the country, and those who successfully graduate from there play a very important role in the medical field.
To become a successful doctor, students have to give National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) or other admission tests and entrance exams conducted by the medical colleges. It’s not an easy job to get a medical seat in India’s top medical colleges as students first need to clear the competitive exam. To help students in the preparation for the entrance examination there are coaching classes in Kolkata. The coaching institute in Kolkata through various teaching methods helps and supports students in cracking the examination. They bring out the best potential of students and builds confidence in them.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary and other medical/paramedical courses in the country. In India, for admission to MBBS and BDS courses the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the single entrance examination. The NEET entrance test is conducted annually and in 2021 the examination will be held at around 155 test centers.
It is expected that around 16 lakh students will give the entrance examination. For UG admissions, NEET is a prestigious medical entrance examination in India. AIIMS and JIPMER MBBS exams are stopped and admission to these institutes also happens through NEET.
Eligibility Criteria Of NEET 2021
The National Testing Agency has given the NEET eligibility criteria for the year 2021. All those candidates who wish to apply for the NEET entrance test are recommended to review the criteria and see if they fit into it which is specified by NTA. Candidates who will meet the following parameters are eligible for the NEET 2021:
- Indian Nationals
- Foreign Nationals
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
- The minimum age of a candidate who is willing to apply for the NEET entrance examination should be 17 years as of December 31, 2021.
- There is no upper age limit for candidates as of now. Candidates of any age or other than 25 years can apply for the NEET 2021 entrance examination.
Qualification Required for NEET 2021
- Aspirant applying for the entrance exam must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized institute
- Candidates who are going to appear for Class 12 or equivalent in summer 2021 are eligible to apply for NEET 2021
- Candidates who have completed Class 12 or equivalent can also apply for NEET 2021
- An aspirant must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Candidates who have cleared Class 12 or equivalent with Biology as an additional subject are also eligible for the NEET entrance examination.
Minimum Marks Needed in the Qualifying Examination:
- General category: 50 percent
- PWD category: 45 percent
- SC/ST/OBC: 40 percent
The Month of the Exam:
It is expected that the NEET examination will be held in the last week of June this year.
NEET 2021 just like last year will be held in 11 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada, and Telugu. Candidates while filling the application form can select their choice of language.
How to Select the Best Coaching in Kolkata for NEET?
For every student, the definition of good coaching can be different but the ultimate objective is to score good marks and get selected in the top medical college of the country. Well, selecting the best coaching center for NEET preparation in Kolkata is not a tough job if you a student is sorted in his/her mind about the facilities.
Before taking admission to any coaching institute it is suggested that the candidates check the facilities provided by the top coaching institutes and then decide. We suggest the students think wisely and make the right choice. Here are the few things a candidate must consider while selecting the best coaching center for NEET in Kolkata.
Feedback From the Students
Talk to the students who have joined the coaching previously or who are studying in the coaching currently and take their feedback. Talk to them about the study material, faculties, test series, quality of education, preparation, the previous results, etc.
How the Faculties of the Institute are
The faculties of a coaching institute should be very good and highly qualified. Take the feedback from students about the faculty but do not rely only on it completely. Before taking admission in the coaching class make sure the faculty members of every subject, staff, counseling teacher, and other experts are experienced and qualified enough to provide the best teaching. Faculty play a key role as a student get all the knowledge from them.
Coaching Institute Fee Structure
A student should keep in mind the fee structure of a coaching institute before getting admission to any NEET coaching in Kolkata. There are many good coaching centers in Kolkata so before you enroll yourself in any of them compare the fee structure of at least two-three coaching institutes in Kolkata. Also, look out for the scholarship programs run by many coaching institutes.
What is their Take on Test Series, Mock Tests, and Others
The mock tests, practice tests, test series, monthly tests, weekly tests reflect the performance of students and how well they are prepared for the competitive exams. So, while selecting a coaching institute in Kolkata check their take on test series, mock test, wiki test, monthly test, etc. There are various coaching centers as well that provide the facility of online tests so look out for that as well.
Coaching Institute Problem Solving Approach
Always lookout for a coaching class that not only teaches the entire syllabus well but also has a great problem-solving approach. Check out if the coaching institute conducts doubt clearing sessions or not because it’s very necessary for the students preparing for the NEET examination.
Hostel/ PG Facilities
Students who come from other places or areas need hostel/ PG facilities. So, if you are someone who will live in a hostel/PG/flat then make sure that your residing place is in the coaching area because traveling a lot will waste your time and as well as can distract you.
Why a Student Should Choose a Coaching Institute in Kolkata
Kolkata, the city of joy is home to some of the top medical colleges in the Nation. The city is also contemplated to be a leading hub of the best NEET coaching institute for the preparation of various entrance exams.
Kolkata is known to be one of the most substantial metropolitan cities in India. The capital city of West Bengal – Kolkata is located on the eastern bank of River Hugli. Kolkata is a commanding urban center of eastern India that outshine in the fields of commerce, transport, and manufacture.
The citizens of Kolkata also give vital importance to Education. There are several good educational institutes in Kolkata such as the University of Calcutta and Calcutta Medical College. Even the healthcare system of Kolkata is phenomenal. The hospitals and healthcare centers in the city are run by leading and skilled doctors. These impressive doctors can inspire multiple youngsters to become doctors after pursuing medical education from reputed colleges. The various NEET coaching centers in Kolkata play a key role in guiding and preparing these aspirants.
As the city of Joy is a cultural and educational hub of East India it can attract many students from all over the country to the educational institutes established here. Apart from all this, there are various coaching institutes in Kolkata that help aspirants in giving a preparatory guide for the competitive exams. There are several NEET coaching institutes in Kolkata for students who want to clear the medical entrance examination.
In this article, we are going to mention the list of best coaching institutes in Kolkata so have a read below:
Below is a List of the Top 7 NEET Coaching Institute in Kolkata
Rank 1 in the List of Top 7 NEET Coaching Institute in Kolkata
AIIMS Coaching Institute in Kolkata
The coaching institute founded in the year 2015 provides quality teaching methods to students who aspire to become doctors and engineers. The mentors of the AIIMS coaching center in Kolkata are experienced and know the right teaching methodologies that help and support the preparation of NEET aspirants. The faculty members bring out the best potential of students and motivate them to crack the NEET entrance examination. The coaching institute is known to provide a healthy competitive environment to students that help them perform efficiently in the NEET entrance exam.
The coaching institute provides coaching for entrance exams such as NEET-UG (AIPMT), AIIMS and provides updated study material that is made easy so that students can understand it easily.
Features of AIIMS Coaching Institute in Kolkata
- Management of Time: The coaching institute strictly follows things according to time. All the classes and sessions are conducted according to the schedule and the training process is never delayed.
- Mock Tests: One of the best features of this institution is the online Mock Test. The coaching institute conducts tests for every batch and advises students to regularly give the mock tests.
- Study Material: The study material provided by the coaching institute is prepared by doing research. They extract the important things from the topic and the notes are given from the NEET point of view.
Courses offered by AIIMS Coaching Institute
- NEET and AIIMS Medical Entrance Examination courses
- IIT JEE mains Engineering entrance level examinations
- CBSE/ICSE regular classes for science stream students for standard 11 and 12.
- Foundation coaching classes for classes 8 to 10 of CBSE board.
Contact and Other Details of AIIMS Coaching Institute
- Address58/3 S.N Banerjee Road Barrackpore, opposite of Great Eastern Trading Co Barrackpore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700120
- Contact Number097489 32154
- Fee structureN/A
- Batch Size50-60 Students
- NEET Notes NEET Coaching Notes, Video Lectures, Live Classes with faculty, Chat Facility Available
- Teachers NameBest NEET Coaching Faculties in Kolkata
Rank 2 in the List of the Best NEET Coaching Institute in Kolkata
D.C. Tutorial Medical Coaching in Kolkata
Located in Kolkata, D.C Tutorial medical coaching is a known institute among the NEET aspirants as they provide terrific teaching facilities to students that help and support them in preparing well for the NEET entrance exam. The coaching center prepares students for the competitive examination by conducting mock tests, class tests, unit tests and other excellent ways for the preparation. They also give the whole data of students to their respective parents so that they also have an idea of their child’s growth.
Highlights of D.C. Tutorial Medical Coaching
- Phenomenal library facility
- Multimedia learning program
- Practical demonstration
Contact and other Details for D.C. Tutorial
- Address: AD 6, Canal Side Rd, AD Block, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064
- Contact No: 9874712380, 9433903310
- Fee structure: Rs- 1,800 Per Month
- Batch Size: 10 Students
- Notes: Xerox Copy-Chargeable, Class Notes, Test Series offlinePast Result: No information available
Rank 3 in the List of the Best NEET Coaching Institute in Kolkata
Transition Career Solutions
The coaching institute believes that students can achieve success if the right attitude is developed in them. They don’t only aim at students passing the exam but believe in their holistic development. Transition career solutions are one of the best NEET coaching institutes in Kolkata. It’s an ISO 9001-2008 certified institute whose highly qualified teachers help the students in preparing for several entrance exams. Mentors also give career counseling to students in making the right choice for their career.
The objective of a Transition career solutions is to bring out the true potential of students and help them in getting admission to IITs, NITs and Medical colleges of the nation. As the institute believes that students from a young age should be on the right track they offer tuition to school students from classes 6 to 12 by covering all the subjects.
Contact and other Details for Transition Career Solutions
- Address: 3rd floor, 180, Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose Road, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700014
- Contact No: +91 983-1818-544 / 03340000460
- Fee structure: Not mentioned
- Batch Size: 60 Students
- Notes: Chapter-wise notes, Daily practice paper, Offline test
Rank 4 in the List of the Best NEET Coaching Institute
Resonance Kolkata, West Bengal
The coaching institute was founded on 11th April 2001 in Kota with the promise to enhance the teaching quality in the field of education. In the 14 years of providing excellent teaching and results, the coaching institute has risen above all the expectations of giving quality results. The enrollment number of students in the classroom has increased and is more in comparison to other coaching institutes.
Resonance is providing classroom programmers for IIT JEE, NEET and other entrance exams at Kota, Agra, Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Allahabad, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandrapur, Delhi, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Patna, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Sikar, Surat, Udaipur, Vadodara.
At some selected study centers the coaching institute also offers classroom courses for AIPMT/AIIMS and CA/CS, SCRA, NDA, CDS, etc. The coaching institute also provides teaching to students from class V TO X through its PCCP Division and also help students for competitive exams like NTSE, Olympiads, etc.
Contact and other Details for Resonance
- Address: 1, 2nd Floor, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Rd, near Exide More, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020
- Contact No: 0744 665 5144
- Fee structure: Not mentioned
- Batch Size: 50 Students
- Notes: Daily practice paper, Offline test series, Daily Class Notes
- Past Result: No information mentioned
Rank 5 in the List of the Best NEET Coaching Institute in Kolkata
Aakash Medical Institute
Established in the year 1988, Aakash Medical Institute is one of the best NEET coaching institutes in Kolkata. The coaching institute over the years of giving excellent teaching and results developed operations in more than 30 cities of India. The coaching institute is known to provide updated and well-structured study material. To enhance productivity and motivation in students the faculty members supervise them.
Highlights of Aakash Medical Institute
- Long-term, as well as short-term along with NEET crash courses, are offered by the coaching institute.
- The coaching institute help students with foundation-level entrance examinations including all the Olympiads.
Features of Aakash Medical Institute
Highly Qualified Faculty: All the faculty members are skilled and experienced as they have done fieldwork in medical practices. Their practical knowledge helps the aspirants to understand the concept in a more general manner.
Mock Test series: The test series provided by them is the toughest as difficult series benefits the students in the worst cases.
Attention to Each Student: In the class each student is given special attention and teachers solve the doubts of every candidate as well.
Courses Provided by Aakash Medical Institute
- Four Year Integrated Classroom Course for Class IX to XII, NEET, AIIMS, Olympiads & NTSE
- Three Year Integrated Classroom Course for Class X to XII, NEET, AIIMS, Olympiads & NTSE
- Two Year Integrated Course for NEET & AIIMS (Before the declaration of Board Result)
- Regular Course for NEET & AIIMS
- XII cum Medical Course for NEET & AIIMS
Contact and other Details of Aakash Medical Institute in Kolkata
- Address: 23, Circus Avenue Near, 7 Point Crossing, opp. Jhaal Farezi Restaurant, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017(currently online)
- Contact Number: 088000 13151
- Fee structure: N/A
- Batch Size: 40-50 Students
- NEET Notes: Study Material, test online, Offline
- Teachers Name: Best NEET Coaching Faculties in Kolkata
Rank 6 osition in the List of the Best NEET Coaching Institute is of
The coaching institute’s objective is to bring out the true meaning of quality education. Socbeez Education believes that there is a teacher for every student who wants to learn and for every teacher to teach there is a student. The faculties at this coaching institute have great knowledge about the subject and are highly qualified. They provide a platform for students to connect directly with the teachers and solve their doubts. Socbeez is one of the best and trusted coaching institutes in Kolkata.
Contact and other Details for Socbeez Education
- Address: 3rd floor, 47, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rd, Jatin Das Park, Metro Gate, No. 3, Kolkata, West Bengal 700026
- Contact No: 082328 09666
- Fee structure: Not Mentioned
- Batch Size: 60 Students
- Notes: Daily practice paper, Offline test series, Daily Class Notes
- Faculty: No information mentioned
- Past Result: No information available
Rank 7 Position in the List of the Best NEET Coaching Institute is of
Rajeev Classes Educational Service Private Limited
Rajeev Classes Educational service private limited offers teaching courses for Medical Entrance Exams like NEET-UG (AIPMT), AIIMS and others. The coaching institute provides up to date study material that has been developed by their faculties after thorough research. The extensive yet simple specially designed curriculum helps students even in the board examinations simultaneously.
Contact and other Details for Rajeev Classes Educational Service Private Limited
- Address: 6/1/1E Anil Mitra Road Ballygunge Near South Point High School, Kolkata, West Bengal 700019
- Contact No: 098307 51948
- Fee structure: Not Mentioned
- Batch Size: 70-80 Students
- Notes: Daily practice paper, Offline test series, Daily Class Notes
- Teachers Name: Nirjoo Barooah- Biology, Noor Alam- Math and others.
- Past Result: No Information Mentioned
What Are The Differences Between Online Coaching and Offline Coaching?
NEET examination is given by a majority of the students in India & it is one of the toughest entrance examinations in India. Any student who wants to get admission to India’s top medical college needs to crack the NEET examination with the required marks. Most of the students choose coaching classes that help them in the preparation of their exams while others do self-study. However, the ultimate goal of each preparation is to score the top rank in the entrance examination so that they can get admission to India’s top medical college. To get admission to the best medical college in India, aspirants need to select the top NEET coaching center in Kolkata.
NEET coaching is mostly preferred by the aspirants as compared to self-study for the preparation of the entrance exam. The chances of success in self-study are quite low so it’s even advised that students join the best coaching institutes to crack the NEET entrance exam. Most of the time who lives in urban areas or for any other reason like moving away from home can’t join coaching classes and thus choose to do self-study. Fortunately, thanks to the advancement in technology every student from anywhere in India can have access to online classes. Well, if you are still confused in choosing between online & offline NEET coaching then here are some advantages and disadvantages that will help you in making your decision.
In the online mode of classes, the student can save their time of commuting, getting ready and can utilize that time in doing the extra study.
To attend the offline coaching classes, aspirants need to attend the classes in person. To attend the classes, they have to spend time travelling from home to a coaching center that can be utilized in preparation.
Flexibility to Study
Online coaching classes give students the comfort of study as per their time and comfort as in online mode there is no boundation of time, fixed schedule and time of classes. So, the students are free to study at any time they want.
The offline coaching classes require to follow a fixed schedule to attend the classes. There is a boundation of time and pressure to attend the classes is high on students in offline coaching classes.
Interaction With Teachers
Students in the online NEET coaching in Kolkata cannot interact with the teachers and classmates. They do not have the advantage to ask questions with other students or immediately to teachers.
In the offline coaching classes, the interaction level is quite good as compared to online. If a student has any doubt or problem, they can easily take advantage and can connect with the students for proper explanation and answers.
In the online coaching classes students, most of the time get the study material online, and for every topic, the classes are conducted online or there are live lectures. However, the coaching centers update the study material from time to time.
The offline coaching classes provide study material to students which they can keep with them for their preparation. In the offline mode, they give lectures to students in the classroom along with the notes. Sometimes, they even provide additional study material to students.
In the online coaching classes, students completely depend on self-study as they prepare themselves with the help of study material and live lectures provided by them. Aspirants need to study on their own and self-motivate themselves as there is no positive competition from other fellow students is experienced by students.
On the other hand, offline coaching classes provide a study environment for students to study together and take guidance/motivation from classmates and teachers to solve their doubts.
Advantages of Online Coaching
- Classes are available online so students can study comfortably as well as according to their time while sitting at home or any place of the nation.
- Students get more time for doing self-study and revision as well.
- As the lectures are available online, students can watch the lecture at any time.
- The online coaching institutes for better NEET preparation of students organize time-to-time doubt clearing sessions.
- There is a peaceful environment of study.
Advantages of Offline Coaching
- Teaching is provided through the conventional method of teaching.
- Highly-qualified teachers teach and guide the NEET aspirants.
- Interactive classes help students in clearing the doubt at any time.
- Students can interact with students at any time.
- Offline coaching classes provide a healthy and competitive environment to students for their NEET entrance exam preparation.
Well, whether students study in offline or online coaching classes the result depends on how well they perform and prepare for the entrance examination. In the end, the medium of coaching shouldn’t be the priority of students but the kind of learning they are providing should matter.
In India, most of the students from their childhood aspire to become a doctor and dream of clearing the NEET entrance exam so that they can become top medical specialists in their field. Well, clearing the NEET entrance examination is not an easy job as it is one of the difficult exams in the country. If you are a NEET aspirant who wants to make your dream come true then in this article, we have presented the list of top NEET coaching classes in Kolkata along with their fee structure, correlation, highlights, and how these institutes help you in achieving your goals.
Top coaching centers for NEET promise to help and bring out the true potential of students the student’s through teaching, guidance, and support. Any student who dreams to take admission to the top medical college in India needs proper guidance and learning methods which are possible by selecting the top NEET coaching institute in Kolkata.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1. What is NEET-UG?
NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance Test. The test is a qualifying entrance examination notified under the ‘Regulations on Graduate Medical Education 1997 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007’ by the Medical Council of India as published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 21st December 2010 and 15th February 2012 and the Dental Council of India as published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 31st May 2012.
National Eligibility Entrance Test is founded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Govt, of India and the Medical Council of India (MCI). NEET has been introduced for:
- Undergraduate (NEET-UG) Medical Course like MBBS, BDS, etc.
- Post Graduate (NEET-PG) Medical Courses like M.S, M.D, etc.
Q 2. What things a student should look at in a coaching institute before joining?
Here are the few things a NEET aspirant should keep in mind before joining:
- Make sure that the coaching institute you have selected to join is close to your home or pg so that you can save your time commuting.
- The faculty at the coaching institute should be talented enough so that they can make students familiar with neet tips and tricks.
- Before taking admission to any coaching institute consult with the students who have enrolled or joined the institute in past years.
- Compare the coaching’s previous year result
- The study material provided by the coaching institute should be well maintained and up to date according to the NEET entrance examination.
- The coaching institute environment should be competitive (healthy) so that students are motivated and confident towards cracking the NEET entrance examination.
Q 3. What is the difference between AIPMT and NEET examination?
NEET is a single eligibility entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses’ in each academic year. On the other hand, AIPMT was conducted by CBSE for the selection of candidates for admission to 15% of seats under the All India Quota. With the introduction of NEET, the entrance exam is going to replace AIPMT and other similar Under Graduate level Medical Entrance Examinations.
Q 4. Which institute provides the best study material for Neet entrance preparation at Kolkata?
All the coaching institute provides their best study material for the NEET entrance exam. At Kolkata, the best study material for the preparation of NEET medical examination is provided by Hindu Zone.
Q 5. Which institute is best for NEET at Kolkata?
Any coaching institute among the above-mentioned list of best NEET coaching centers in Kolkata is best for the entrance exam. In our suggestion, Toppers Academy is most preferred by students as they have experienced faculty and provide doubt clearing sessions.
Q 6. When is the accurate time to start preparing for the NEET entrance exam?
If your family is financially strong and you don’t have any problem with the fee charges of the coaching institute then the best time to join is class 9th -class 12th because doing MBBS is a 4.5–5 yrs process and any aspirant shouldn’t waste their single year for preparation.
Q 7. Do regional language options available for NEET 2021?
NEET 2021 question paper will be available in 11 languages. Students will have to select the language during their registration process. The 11 languages from which students can choose are Hindi, English, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada, and Telugu.
8 NEET 2021 exam will be held online or offline?
This year NEET examination will be conducted in offline mode. In an OMR sheet, the candidates will have to mark their answers.
Q 9. What is the correct time to take admission in a coaching institute for NEET Preparation?
The right time to start preparing and joining any coaching class for any competitive exams like NEET or IIT JEE is when the student is in the 11th standard. 11th class is perfect for the preparation and to start building the concepts as the stress from the school is less and the student can put their more efforts into the coaching class.
Q 10. Is NCERT enough for the NEET? If yes, then why does the coaching institution have so many extra things in their modules?
Aspirants who prepare for the NEET entrance examination must know that the NCERT for biology is the key to score good marks, for chemistry NCERT book is a little insufficient and for physics, the situation is the same. The Rattafication doesn’t work in the NEET entrance exam or even in any other so these coaching institutes provide teaching that builds the concepts of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. However, it is important that that the student study the NCERT book of Biology very well because some questions in the biology section always come out of it.
Q 11. What things a candidate should carry on the exam day?
Here are the few things a student is required to carry on the examination day:
- Admit card
- Two passport size photographs
- A valid photo Id proof (Driving Licence, PAN Card, Passport/ Aadhaar card)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
Q 12. What things a candidate should not carry during the exam day?
- Stationery items, bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner
- Communication devices such as Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band
- Other items such as Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap Watch/Wrist Watch, Bracelet, Camera
- Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle, tea, coffee, cold drinks, etc