Top 10 MBA Colleges In Chennai is an article drafted and crafted by WAC’s Research team as more and more students are finding Professional Colleges to crack the exam with the best marks possible. Getting into the Best MBA colleges in Chennai can give any student an edge over others. It is beneficial for any student to join the top MBA colleges in Chennai.
What is MBA?
What is an MBA? A Master of Business Administration, or MBA, is a general graduate business degree that teaches students technical, managerial, and leadership skills. Earning an MBA gives you valuable business insight, expands your professional network, and creates new opportunities. It’s an ideal option to consider whether you want to enhance your career, transition to a new industry, or become an entrepreneur.
An MBA is a generalist degree that covers various business principles, such as accounting, economics, finance, and marketing. Throughout your program, you’ll apply ideas from the classroom during real-world consulting projects and gain exposure to various business functions.
Increasing Demand for MBAs
- An MBA degree in India holds a lot of prestige! It is among the most popular postgraduate courses in the country. And why not! It promises attractive pay packages and is the gateway to an exciting, high-flying career. No wonder there is a mad rush of students wanting to grab a seat in premier MBA colleges. Last year over 2.5 lakh students took CAT, the grueling entrance exam.
- Further, with the Indian economy booming and the start-up culture gaining momentum, the need for expertise across an array of management domains is on the upswing. Here are some stats! A recent survey by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) found 90%of the employers in the Asia Pacific intended to hire MBAs in 2018.
- The demand for management professionals is picking up the pace with every passing year, and the education domain is catering to it. There are more than a thousand institutes across the country that offers full-time residential MBAs. And oh, let’s not forget distance learning, online programs, part-time and executive options.
MBA Options In India VS Abroad
- It is confused about whether to join an overseas MBA program or stick to its Indian counterpart? Well, you are not alone! With so much hype about foreign universities, it’s a common dilemma faced by students today. Let’s look at both options to get insight into how they stack up against each other.
- An MBA in India is spread over two years. Most overseas programs are for one year other than those in the US, which follow a two-year curriculum.
- Pursuing a homeland course (even at the IIMs) is way cheaper compared to an international one. Apart from steep tuition fees, there are living costs, travel, and other expenses to contend with, which may require taking out heavy loans. Unless you have deep pockets, the excessive expenditure involved can become a financial burden.
- Studying abroad provides more exposure and an opportunity to interact in a multi-diverse environment. This can be a plus for those eyeing the global stage for a future career. However, if you plan to work in the domestic sector, a degree from a reputed MBA college in India is more rewarding.
- Admission to Indian MBAs is through tough entrance exams like CAT. In contrast, foreign universities weigh in work experience, soft skills, and a GMAT score for the selection criterion.
- Getting good jobs is a breeze with an Indian degree, thanks to excellent campus placements. There is no such guarantee with an overseas program.
Types of MBA Courses
MBA programs in India are available in three formats with distinctive characteristics. These include the full-time, part-time, and executive programs.
The full-time MBA is a two-year course that is held on-campus. Aspirants have to attend classes regularly to cover the rigorous curriculum. Since this mode doesn’t require work experience, it is ideal for fresh graduates looking to enhance their credentials before hitting the job market.
The part-time and executive programs are spread over a period of one year. Classes for both programs are held in the evenings or during weekends. The part-time format is oriented towards working professionals who want to hold their full-time jobs and sharpen managerial skills for career progression.
The executive mode is primarily designed for senior managers with 5-8 years of work experience looking for a career leap.
Admission to the full-time programs is more competitive compared to part-time and executive options. Also, the traditional course is more expensive. In the case of the executive option, the tuition cost is generally picked up by the employer.
Scope of MBA
- MBA hopefuls must ensure that finding a new line of work after MBA is anything but a troublesome undertaking. Openings for work after MBA in India are comprehensive, and the understudies should get the correct activity from the choices accessible. While considering the openings for work after MBA, the understudies must cause a rundown of alternatives to examine the upsides and downsides and get rid of the thistles to weave the way of accomplishment.
- Understudies may have endless inquiries at the top of the priority list concerning the openings for work after an MBA in India, for example, work scope, nature of work, jobs and obligations, aptitudes required, and others. A few understudies intend to pick a fascinating occupation instead of getting a vocation that pays more and the other way around. It is consistently imperative to dissect whether a specific activity suits you or not.
How to Choose MBA Colleges in Chennai?
Wondering whether pursuing a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is worth the time, effort, and financial investment? If you are targeting a top-notch executive career, we believe it is. The highly respected degree offers aspirants a plethora of advantages. Besides landing cushy jobs with astronomical pay packages, it helps gain business insight, widens your career prospects and business credibility.
There’s more! The advanced degree is a career accelerator, increases your earning power, provides access to an extensive alumni network, and even helps fulfill dreams of becoming entrepreneurs. Not to mention, you get a chance to travel abroad and rub shoulders with corporate biggies.
So what is an MBA? It is a professional degree designed to accentuate skill-sets needed to thrive in the cutthroat business environment. The curriculum, a combination of theoretical content and practical application aims to deepen knowledge and consolidate fundamentals in various business-related disciplines (operations, marketing, economics, corporate financing, and basic accounting).
Apart from providing an overview of general management, the program includes a broad range of specializations that can be chosen based on specific interests, ambitions, and long-term professional goals.
Why Choose MBA Colleges in Chennai?
You are looking to earn your MBA degree from Chennai, but wondering whether it’s a viable destination? Don’t think twice! For starters, the city takes pride in its education system and boasts the highest literacy rate in India. But, wait, there are several other reasons why students flock to the capital of Tamil Nadu for the advanced management program.
Top-Rung MBA Colleges
The MBA colleges in Chennai rank among the best in the country. They offer top-notch infrastructure, distinguished faculty, and a terrific academic curriculum for excellent job prospects.
One of the fastest-growing cities in India, Chennai is a major business hub with a concentration of prominent industrial sectors like automobile manufacturing, software, electronics, telecom, financial services, and more. Not to mention, some of the niche companies of the world have their headquarters here. Fresh MBA graduates scouting for employment will never be short of options.
Low Cost of Living
Thanks to reasonable accommodation, cheap transport facilities, affordable eateries, the cost of living in Chennai is considerably lower than in Mumbai and Delhi. The city has great connectivity and is also relatively safe.
Things To Do
With multiple beaches, beautiful temples, churches, vibrant nightlife, a dynamic theatre scene, an amazing variety of cuisine, and wonderful weekend getaways, the “Gateway of South India’’ has a lot to offer students wanting to let their hair down.
List of Top 10 MBA Colleges in Chennai
The Institution’s / Organization’s Ranking done by WAC is a result of the research done by our team. It is totally Independent of the Rankings done by the Govt. Bodies. if any Institute has any Queries regarding any Information Updates or has conflicting ideas in terms of Ranking positions can contact us. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call on +91-9818198188.
So in your search of the MBA Colleges in Chennai, we are suggesting you the Top 10 MBA Colleges in Chennai:
Rank 1 : Loyola Institute of Business Administration
Founded in 1979, LIBA, one of the oldest MBA colleges in Chennai is affiliated with the University of Madras and managed by Jesuits. The campus located within the premises of sprawling Loyola College is lush green and scenic. Equipped with the high-tech infrastructure, a knowledgeable faculty, and the best facilities, the institute imparts a quality education infused with the essence of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
LIBA offers a full-time PGDM (2 years) course spread over six trimesters. Admission is on the basis of XAT/CAT scores followed by Group Discussion/Personal Interview (GD/PI). The academic rigor is the perfect blend of lectures, workshops, summer internships, case studies, projects, seminars, conferences, and serious debates. The course focuses on strengthening foundational business concepts before proceeding towards advanced learning tailored to specific areas of interest.
LIBA boasts an envious placement record. It ensures career development for its students, through recruitment drives, job fairs, and a widespread alumni network. The highest package for the outgoing batch was Rs.17 lakhs and the average Rs.10 lakhs per annum. Prominent recruiters include Citi Bank, Yes Bank, Wipro, JP Morgan Services, ICICI Securities, Asian Paints, Nestle, Walmart India, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. Tata Motors, Bharti Airtel, etc.
LIBA has tie-ups with corporate biggies like Bharti Foundations, Palaniswamy Trust, Hyundai Motors India Limited, etc. to offer scholarships to brilliant minds. It also has collaborations and exchange programs with foreign universities such as Binary University Malaysia, University of Dayton USA, and Santa Clara University, USA to name a few.
- Address : Tank Bund Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034 India.
- Phone :+91 44 28177100
- Website : www.liba.edu/
Rank 2 : Great Lakes Institute of Management
Since its inception in 2004, there is no looking back for GL. In the short span of just 14 years, the institute has cemented its position as a premier MBA College in the country. The beautifully landscaped campus with modern infrastructure, distinguished academicians, strong corporate connections, and an innovative curriculum is the ideal destination to acquire a prestigious degree.
Coming to honors, the institute was ranked 3rd by Outlook India & 4th by Businessworld in One year MBAs (2017-18), 9th by Business India & 14th by Business Today in Top B-schools and 2nd in Private B-schools by NIRF. It also grabbed the 16th spot in the Private B-school ranking by NIRF (2018).
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
- GL offers a one-year full-time Post-Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) along with a two-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program. The former is designed for professionals/entrepreneurs and requires 2+ years of work experience.
- The latter, an AICTE approved program helps groom students with managerial skills and leadership qualities. Admission for PGPM and PGDM courses rests on the GMAT and on CAT/ XAT/CMAT scores respectively. Students can opt for specializations in Marketing, Operations & IT, Finance, Analytics, and AI & Machine Learning.
- Despite being a newbie in the domain, GL achieves good placements by connecting students with niche companies. The 2018 batch recorded an excellent season. The average CTC was 12.17 lakhs and the highest domestic CTC 18.3 lakhs per annum.
- Diverse companies like Accenture, Amazon, Deloitte, Aditya Birla Group, Infosys, Barclays, L& T, Capgemini, Flipkart, Ola Cabs, HCL, HSBC, Mindtree, Swiggy, HCL, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, etc. participated in the recruitment drive.
The institute is globally accredited by AMBA, UK, and SAQS. The 27 acres, LEED Platinum-rated green campus is counted among the best in the world. GL has an extensive (7800+) alumni network spread across 30 countries.
- Address : East Coast Road, Manamai Village ThirukazhukundramTaluk, Kancheepuram District. Tamil Nadu – 603102
- Phone :+91-44-30809000
- Website : www.greatlakes.edu.in
Rank 3 : Department of Management Studies IIT Madras
DoMS, a business school under the umbrella of the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), came into existence in 2004. It is counted among the top MBA Colleges of Chennai. Away from the hustle and bustle, the grassy campus full of flora and fauna, lakes, animals, and more is beautiful. The icing on the cake is good infrastructure, fantastic amenities, an excellent curriculum, and highly qualified faculty. DoMS doesn’t participate in the rankings system and strongly believes in its motto ‘Quiet Excellence Demonstrated’.
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
The MBA at DoMS (46 seats) is a full-time, two-year course, split into a total of 4 semesters. A valid CAT score, previous academic performance, and work experience are considered for shortlisting candidates. The curriculum, a wonderful balance of theory, practical activities, case studies, internship, workshops, and projects provides an enriching learning experience for all-around development.
In terms of the placement scenario, DoMS is decent. Students manage to nail lucrative jobs with good salaries. The highest package for the 2018 batch was 17.40 lakh and the average 16.63 lakh per annum. A total of 27 companies including the likes of Google, Wipro, Amazon, RBS, Tech Mahindra, Dell, Cisco, Virtusa, Cognizant, etc. chipped in the enlistment process.
The IIT tag certainly adds appeal to the institute. The cost of the program is nominal making the ROI rather good. Batch sizes at DoMS are small which facilitates better interaction between students and faculty. The institute has an exchange program with leading foreign universities.
- Address : Delhi Avenue, Gajendra Circle, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036
- Phone : 044 2257 4550
- Website : www.doms.iitm.ac.in/
Rank 4 : Institute for Financial Management and Research
IFMR, a non-profit organization is recognized as one of the best establishments to pursue MBA. It was founded in 1970 with the objective to mentor students with knowledge, skills, and attributes to function successfully in the business world. The fully residential, Wi-Fi-enabled campus set on 40 acres is located in Sri City, 70kms from Chennai.
Equipped with modern infrastructure, all the basic amenities, and a dynamic curriculum, IFMR promises a rewarding learning experience. In terms of ranking, the institute bagged the 38th spot among ‘Top Management institutes in Andhra Pradesh’ by NIRF (2017) and 15th in the ‘Top Private Business Schools in India’ category by Business World (2016).
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
IFMR offers a full-time (2-year) MBA program based on the trimester pattern. The admission criterion to the course is a valid score in entrance exams like CAT/ XAT/ CMAT / GMAT & GRE. The extensive curriculum (22 core and around 55 elective modules spanning 8 disciplines) helps provide practical exposure as well as theoretical knowledge for holistic development.
Students have a choice of specializing in streams like Finance, Marketing, IT & Operations, HR, and Financial Engineering, with additional specializations in Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) and Data Sciences (i.e. Business Analytics). The 2-month summer internship at the end of the first year is mandatory.
Thanks to a well-structured placement cell, the campus recruitments at IFMR are impressive. Most of the students obtain good jobs matching their profiles. The average package offered to the 2018 batch was around Rs.9 lakh and the highest Rs.18 lakh per annum. Companies that visited the campus were Credit Suisse, HSBC, Capgemini, Deloitte, Wipro, HDFC, JP Morgan, KPMG, Accenture, and Cognizant among several others.
The institute has partnered with MIT and Harvard for research undertakings. The faculty members are Ph.D. holders from IITs, IIMs and reputable universities like Minnesota, Texas, Ohio, Georgia and A&M. IFMR also offers scholarships of Rs.1 lakh to the top 10% of students based on merit.
Rank 5 : SSN School of Management
SSN School of Management was founded in 2000 to equip students with skills, concepts, and tools to make an impact in today’s competitive business environment. Spread over 250-acres, the campus with open green spaces is clean and environment-friendly. Outfitted with world-class infrastructure, a well-stocked library, labs, spacious classrooms, and excellent facilities, the institute has everything to impart an exceptional learning experience. SSN was ranked 33 among ‘Top 50 Management Institutes for Research and Teaching’ in India by NIRF (MHRD) in 2016.
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
- The full-time MBA at SSN is a two-year, fully residential program divided into four semesters. Admission for (120 seats) is through the CAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA/MAT /TANCET score. The course involves general lectures plus case studies, active discussions, projects, workshops, and presentations.
- The first year is about gaining in-depth knowledge of basic business concepts while the second focuses on dual specializations (Marketing, HR, Finance, and Operations) and a variety of electives. Exams are held after each semester. A 2- month internship is compulsory to gain hands-on experience.
SSN goes the distance to help students clinch good placements. Apart from providing them opportunities for interactions with prospective employers, the institute offers training on polishing soft skills and interview etiquette. The 2018 placement season was pretty decent. The average package was around 4lakh and the maximum 6.5 lakh per annum. Companies like HCL, HDFC, Axis Bank, TCS, IndusInd Bank, Godrej, and Deloitte among others participated.
SSN offers a two-part internship. The first stint (4 weeks) is between the 1st and 2nd year while the next leg (16 weeks) is in the final semester. Other highlights of the curriculum include industry analysis, book reviews, industrial visits, and guest lectures by eminent personalities. Meritorious students with financial constraints get a good scholarship.
- Address : Old Mahabalipuram Road, Kalavakkam, Chennai-603110
- Phone : 044 2746 9700
- Website : www.ssn.edu.in
Rank 6 : Institute for Technology and Management (ITM) University
Institute for Technology and Management, popularly known as ITM was established in 1993. Viewed among one of the leading B-schools of the country, ITM has emerged as a popular choice for MBA aspirants in Chennai. The 25-year old campus known for world-class faculty, exceptional facilities, and state-of-the-art syllabus has produced some dynamic business leaders. The institute has been consistently ranked among the top 3 business schools of South India by CSR.
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
- ITM extends a two-year full-time AICTE approved PGDM program spread over 4 semesters. Selection for the course is based on the score attained in CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/GMAT & State CET. The curriculum, designed to fit market trends combines theory and practical activities along with workshops, projects, and internships.
- Emphasis is laid on strengthening basic aspects of management in the first year followed by specializations (Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations Management, and Human Resources Management )in the second.
The placement system at ITM is extremely well organised enabling the institute to enjoy an exceptional record. The highest salary for the 2015-17 placements stood at Rs.6.5 lakh, average at Rs.5.2 lakh and lowest at Rs.2.5 lakh per annum. Key recruiters included TCS, Tata Capital, CUB, HDFC Bank, BNB Paribas, CAMS, Jet Airways, Kotak Mahindra, Shoppers Stop, HCL, Phillips, Aditya Birla Group. etc.
Thanks to its unique location in SIPCOT IT Park, students enjoy good industrial exposure and placements. The institute has collaborations with international universities for exchange programs. Students are encouraged to participate in NGO activities to imbibe moral values.
- Address : D14, SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Chennai – 603 103
- Phone : 044-27470133 / 34/35/36 / 27470524
- Website : www.itm.edu
Rank 7 : VIT Business School
VIT Business School in Chennai is a highly respected institute with an enviable reputation in South India. It was started with the vision to endow students with skills and tools to make a meaningful start in managerial roles. The environment-friendly campus located in the suburbs of Chennai boasts state-of-the-art facilities and an exemplary faculty. VITBS is certified as an A-Grade business school by NAAC of the UGC. It was listed among the top 10 B-schools in the South zone in several media ratings (2016-17).
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
- VIT Business School offers a fully residential MBA program. The duration of the course is two years. The selection of candidates is based on the CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ NMAT/ GMAT/ CMAT score and performance in written assessment test (WAT) plus PI.
- The curriculum is intensive and packed with class lectures, presentations, assignments, research, projects, group work, seminars, and more to provide in-depth knowledge of all the verticals. Further, there are industry interactions through internships, workshops, and guest lectures. The establishment offers dual specializations in Business Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, and Systems.
Regarding placements, VITBS has a decent performance, around 90%. A good placement system helps students secure lucrative pay packages, some even in double digits. The highest package offered this year was about 24 lakh and the lowest 2.2 lakh. The main recruiters were Blue Star, CAMS CTS, Vodafone, South Indian Bank, Practo, SBI, DataLogics, Khazana Jewellery, Godrej, HCL, ICICI Securities, etc.
VITBS is a member of the Association of Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. It has liaisons with Bombay Stock Exchange, TCS, Cognizant, SAP, Microsoft, IBM, and several other firms to source jobs and Internships.
- Address : Vellore Institute of Technology, Vandalur, Kelambakkam Road Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600 127
- Phone : +91 44 3993 1555
- Website : http://chennai.vit.ac.in/
Rank 8 : SRM School of Management
SRM is another institute in Chennai renowned for an excellent MBA program. It was founded in 1993 with the objective to help budding managers achieve their professional goals. The campus located on the outskirts of the city is a treat. It has everything from landscaped gardens, A+ infrastructure, latest technology, swanky classrooms, central library, labs, and a distinguished faculty to impart quality education in business management.
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
The two-year MBA program at SRM follows the semester (4) pattern with internships at the end of each year. Admission is on the basis of GMAT/CAT/MAT/XAT/TANCET/CMAT/SRMJEEE score. The course structure incorporates classroom instruction, practical work, projects, seminars, and more to understand the complex needs of the industry. Students can specialize in Marketing, Finance, HRM, Operations, & Data Analytics.
Campus placements at SRM are pretty good with most students landing satisfying job profiles. The average salary is around 6-7 lakhs per annum. The institute organizes job fairs and various other activities to connect job seekers with potential employers. Respectable companies like ITC, Google, Ernst & Young, HDB, ICICI, Hyundai Motors, CISCO, Microsoft, Mahindra & Mahindra, Amazon, Siemens, etc. partake in the recruitment crusade.
Under the Semester Abroad Program (SAP), students can avail themselves of the opportunity to study overseas for one semester. Yoga, meditation, corporate clubs, personality development, behavioral modifications, Q& A sessions with CEOs, stress management, are some distinctive features of the programs. SRM has links with CII, Enactus, RAI, and MMA to develop industry contacts.
- Address : School of Management, SRM University, Kattankulathur, Chennai – 603 203
- Phone : 044-27452270 (7 LINES)
- Website : www.srmist.edu.in
Rank 9 : National Institute of Management Studies
Established in 2004, NIMS is counted among the top MBA Colleges of Chennai. The 50-acre grassy campus on the banks of a lake is beautiful. Equipped with first-rate infrastructure and the best facilities it provides the perfect ambiance for students to pursue the sought-after degree. The institute boasts a brilliant faculty that mentors students with the essential knowledge and skills to take on the challenges of the business world head-on. The institute has received numerous accolades over the years.
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
The full-time (2-year) MBA program at NIMS is split into four semesters of 6 months each. Students are granted admission on the basis of the TANCET score. The pedagogy is specially designed to create a stimulating earning environment. It is a fantastic mix of theoretical concepts (case studies, lectures, seminars, & assignments) along with practical nuances like internships, industrial visits, and workshops. Students can choose to specialize in Marketing, Finance, Systems, & Human Resources.
The campus placement at NIMS is reasonably decent. The college makes every effort to help students secure good jobs with established companies. It has a placement cell that offers career guidance and training related to industry requirements. It also organizes regular events and job fairs for students to connect with the corporate sector. Top recruiters are HCL, Wipro, Hyundai, Royal Bank of Scotland, Kotak Securities, Standard Chartered Bank, HDFC, BNP Paribas, Flextronics, IDBI Federal Life Insurance Co Ltd., etc.
Apart from academics, the college tries to instill traits to enhance the overall personality of students. The course also furnishes students with competencies to navigate the international business sphere with deftness.
- Address : KCG Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Karapakkam, Chennai – 600 097
- Phone : +91-44-65384011
- Website : www.nimschool.com/
Rank 10 : Velammal College of Management and Computer Studies
Velammal College of Management and Computer Studies is approved by the AICTE and affiliated with the University of Madras. The MBA program that became operational in 2007 is aimed at making the students industry-ready to shine and excel in the corporate world. Backed by outstanding faculty, well-structured curriculum, high-tech facilities, collaborations with business houses, the department provides a value-based education for a successful career. The campus housed on 75 acres is stunning. It has everything from smart classrooms, innovative labs, gym, air-conditioned auditorium, indoor & outdoor sports games for the overall development of students.
Course Name – Entrance & Eligibility
Velammal College of Management offers a full-time MBA program that can be completed in 2 years. The selection process for 60 seats is based on the MAT/CAT test scores. The core curriculum is devised to cover the entire spectrum of management study through academics, the latest tools, and techniques. Students also gain exposure to real-life scenarios via internships, workshops, practical assignments, guest lectures, and networking events.
The Department has established an excellent reputation for strong on-campus recruitment. Thanks to links with blue-chip companies and a systemized mechanism, nearly 90% of students obtain lucrative jobs in various profiles. Chief recruiters include Amazon, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Mind Tree, L&T, Cognizant, Value Labs, and Sify Technologies to name a few.
Velammal College of Management and Computer Studies in Chennai is ISO 2000 certified. The department has been endorsed by NBA (National Board of Accreditation).
- Address : Velammal Newgen Park, Ambattur-Red Hills Road, Velammal Nagar, Chennai-600066
- Phone : 044 – 39666005
- Website : http://www.velammal.edu.in/
- The content published on this page is a compiled result of What After College’s Research team. The parameters of the research and the content structure are devised by What After College’s Research Team and it is not in any way related to rankings done by governmental bodies.
- This research has purely been done by a third party. Kindly contact +91 9818198188 to make desired changes in the contact information related to your college.
Why MBA Course?
An MBA grooms students for the rigors of a corporate career with in-depth mentoring in economic policy, finance, entrepreneurship, general law, and human resource management. Hence the MBA specialization chosen should not only add an edge to the traditional MBA but open vistas to lifelong learning. As such consider a number of factors when choosing from the MBA specializations list.
The student should have the right focus and attitude to decide the career goals and work specializations. Also, consider the return on investment that the course promises. This in turn depends on rankings, acceptance rate, faculty, academic culture, and career services associated with the chosen institute.
Quantum University is a hub of interdisciplinary education offering top management courses with MBA specializations in demand in industry and academia at a global level. MBA aspirants and students can avail the best MBA specializations for the future incorporate and industry.
Specialisations in MBA
The MBA program in India offers immense scope. Students can opt for specializations in areas that excite them and match their professional goals. While there are over 40 concentrations available, some of the popular ones include the following.
Thanks to a range of career options and huge pay packages, finance is one of the most sought-after specializations by MBA graduates. The module provides in-depth knowledge on aspects such as budgeting, working capital management, investment analysis, tax planning, international finance, mergers & acquisition, and several others.
This is another specialization that attracts a large number of students. Marketing plays a pivotal role in promoting and delivering services and products that match the needs of consumers. Students learn about conducting market research, creating promotional campaigns, and developing smart strategies to ensure the growth and profitability of a company.
The HR Department is the backbone of an organization. It is responsible for recruiting, training new employees, enhancing the work environment, handling employee relations, managing workforce regulations, providing compensations, optimizing performance, and more. The specialization helps students imbibe skills for decision-making, communication, teamwork, and leadership.
This major empowers students with core skills and knowledge to manage a business on a global scale. They learn about International Accounting, International Financial Management, Foreign Exchange Markets, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Documentation, Financial Instruments and, Trade Practices, etc. for transactions, deliveries, and negotiations with international clients.
With most enterprises relying heavily on technology for their operations, the demand for professionals with high-tech knowledge and management abilities is on the rise. This major teaches students about evolving technologies, systems development tools and techniques, databases, network configurations, systems integration, and more.
Careers After MBA
An MBA from an elite establishment holds a lot of brand value. It can have a definite impact on the career trajectory of candidates. The versatile degree offers new perspectives, broadens horizons, and paves the way for endless opportunities to attain unexpected professional heights. In fact, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that with an MBA tag, the world is your oyster! Listed below are some popular career options for an MBA degree holder.
- Management Consultant
- Brand Manager
- Financial Analyst
- HR Managers
- Logistic Managers
- Investment Associate
- Marketing Manager
- IT Manager
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Data Analyst
As you can see, the scope of an MBA in terms of job prospects is massive, depending on the stream of specialization. Besides senior managerial posts, MBA degree holders can teach, undertake research, climb the corporate rung within the current organization, change career track, explore international openings or go into entrepreneurship.
Job Opportunity After MBA in Chennai
MBA understudies must have total information on openings for work accessible after MBA in Chennai. In light of that, you should support your professional intrigue. Business arranging, counseling, customer relations, assets, or framework examination are required to be an aspect of your responsibilities profile. In any case, let us take a more explicit perspective on the openings for work accessible after MBA in Chennai: –
Banking and Finance
- The Banking and Finance space incorporates portfolio executives and security and speculation investigation. MBA graduates can secure positions in banks, insurance agencies, security firms, and different monetary associations. A portion of the top organizations that extend employment opportunities in this area is Barclays, RBS, Nomura, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, and so on.
- To the extent the banks concerned, positions are accessible in both open and private segment banks. For landing positions in open segment banks, understudies need to clear the enrollment tests directed by the particular banks. For occupations in private banks, understudies need to partake in the choice cycle directed by banks that include Group Discussion, Personal Interview, Written Ability Test, and so on.
Jobs in the venture banking region have appeal in the market. A portion of the top organizations that recruit reasonable possibility for this job are Bank of American Continuum, Motilal Oswal, SBI Capital Markets, and so on., The obligation of the workers in this field is to interface speculators to finance requiring associations.
The Board Consulting
- If you are acceptable at critical thinking, occupations in the executives counseling are generally appropriate for you. The duty of experts in executive counseling is to illuminate hierarchical issues. He/she is additionally liable for grasping new thoughts and new critical thinking techniques.
- A portion of the mainstream organizations that employ MBA graduates as the executives experts are Cartesian Consulting, PeopleStrong, Deloitte, Michael Page, Infosys Management Consulting, PwC, KPMG, BCC (Bain), and Cognizant Business Consulting.
Nowadays, the enterprise has ended up being the most loved alternative among MBA graduates. The MBA upgrades the ability of the understudies to turn into business visionary. Experience doesn’t make a difference in the event that you need to turn into a business person. Understudies need imaginative and inventive aptitudes to exceed expectations in this profession.
Due to the advanced upset, enormous information has gotten noteworthy for a wide range of businesses, for example, web-based business, retail, banking, and executives. Numerous mainstream B-Schools have begun offering information examination courses in MBA. Mainstream organizations, for example, LatentView Analysis, Fractal Analytics, and so on., enlist MBA graduates as information investigators or information researchers.
Similar to speculation banking, the venture sharpness of an individual comes enthusiastically in a vocation profile related to private value. Openings for work in this space are wide and a portion of the mainstream organizations that enlist MBA graduates for work jobs in private value are Fullerton, Fidelity Investments, Axis Securities, JP Morgan Chase, Kotak Wealth Management, Bajaj Finserv, ICIC Prudential Asset Management, Indiabulls Housing Finance and so forth.
MBA Specialisations Offered by Colleges in Chennai
- Sales & Marketing
- Human Resources
- IT & Systems
- Transport & Logistics
- Healthcare & Hospitals
- Supply Chain & More
Admission Criteria of MBA Colleges in Chennai
Entrance Exam Wise
These are the top tests for confirmation in MBA in Chennai.
- Feline Common Admission Test (CAT) is an online test led for confirmation in the executive’s courses.
- XAT-Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a PC-based public level selection test led for confirmation in the board courses. At present, the XAT score is being utilized by in excess of 150 foundations for the affirmation. (Peruse More XAT Exam)
- Tangle Administered in 1988, Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standard test to screen contenders for admission to MBA and associated programs.
- GMAT-The Graduate Management Admission Test is a PC versatile test directed for affirmation in MBA courses. The test surveys certain expository, composing, quantitative, verbal, and perusing aptitudes in composed English.
Accepting CAT Score
Feline or Common Admission Test is the most famous and most serious test in India for board training. Consistently, in excess of 2 lakh understudies show up for CAT to get affirmation in a portion of the top MBA schools in India. Diverse IIMs direct CAT each year alternating.
Following are the top MBA universities in Chennai tolerating CAT test for affirmation:
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai (Department of Management Studies)
- Incredible Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA)
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai
- MBA Placements for the 2020 bunch have been finished in numerous schools. The top MBA schools in Chennai facilitated a portion of the top administration enrollment specialists from the two India and Abroad.
- The normal number of scouts in these top establishments shifted between 50-100.
- The normal arrangement bundle in a large portion of these foundations extended between INR 3-4 lakh.
- The accompanying diagram shows the CTCs offered by a portion of the top MBA universities in Chennai
Admission Process of MBA Colleges in Chennai
There are 144 MBA Colleges in Chennai, out of which 104 are private MBA Colleges and 35 are public MBA Colleges. These colleges give admissions mainly on the basis of top MBA entrance exams like CAT, TANCET, MAT, etc. Their ratio is shown in the chart below.
Different Aspects to Choose MBA Colleges in Chennai
Different top associations discharge a ranking of top MBA schools in Chennai. A portion of the associations/organizations are NIRF, The Week, Business Today, India Today, and so forth. These positions depend on various boundaries which are diverse for the distinctive ranking offices. Referenced underneath are not many of these positions.
NIRF Ranking wise
Public Institutional Ranking Framework is a procedure embraced by the legislature of India to rank top foundations of India based on different boundaries. It is under the HRD Ministry.
|NAME OF THE COLLEGE||NIRF RANKING 2020||NIRF RANKING 2019||CHANGE||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES|
|IIT Madras, Chennai (Department of Management Studies)||14||15||+1||INR 4,00,000|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||23||18||-5||INR 11,00,000|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration [LIBA], Chennai||50||36||-14||INR 1,52,000|
|Anna University, Chennai||59||43||-16||INR 41,000|
- NIRF has ranked 4 MBA colleges from Chennai in the rankings.
- NIRF 2020 rankings have placed IIT Madras, Chennai as the top MBA College in Chennai. To be specific, the Department of Management Studies (DOMS) of IIT Madras has been ranked as the top MBA College in Chennai.
- IIT Madras has been ranked 14th in the list, an improvement of 1 position from the last year.
- IIT Madras is followed by the Great Lakes Institute of Management which has been placed 23rd in the rankings. Last year, the college was ranked 18th.
- Other included institutes are Loyola Institute of Business Administration at 50th rank and Anna University at 59th rank.
NIRF bases its rankings on 5 different parameters. The following chart shows the comparison of the weightage allotted to these parameters.
Return on Investment (ROI) wise
The term “Return on Investment” here means how much return a college provides you for the money spent on education. Here, the major parameter is the placement package. Consider the given table to understand the return of investment of top MBA colleges in Chennai.
|COLLEGE NAME||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEE||AVERAGE ANNUAL PLACEMENT||ROI RANK*|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai||INR 1,52,000||INR 9,50,000||1|
|DOMS IIT Madras||INR 4,00,000||INR 12,44,000||2|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai3||INR 2,53,000||INR 3,50,000||3|
|SRM Chennai||INR 3,10,000||INR 4,00,000||4|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||INR 11,00,000||INR 13,10,000||5|
*ROI= (Average Annual Package/Average Annual Fee)* 100%
- Thus, as per the calculation, Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) is the top MBA College in Chennai in terms of ROI.
- LIBA is followed by DOMS IIT Madras and Great Lakes Institute of Management.
Chennai is one of the top options for students who want to pursue an MBA from a metropolitan city. Despite having top rankings, the MBA colleges in Chennai have low fees as compared to other cities. Approximately 46% of MBA colleges in Chennai are affordable with a fee structure of less than Rs 1 lakh. Some of these colleges are listed below:
- University of Madras (UNOM), Chepauk
- SRM Easwari Engineering College, Ramapuram
- College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University, Guindy
- Department of Management Studies, Anna University, Guindy
- Guru Nanak College, Velachery
Around 20% MBA colleges in Chennai have a fee structure within the bracket of Rs 3-5 lakh. These colleges are as follows:
- VELS School of Management Studies and Commerce, Pallavaram
- Sri Ramchandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Porur
- IIKM Business School, Kilpauk
- WLCI College, Anna Salai
- Indian Maritime University (IMUC), East Coast Road
Approximately 18% of MBA colleges in Chennai have a fee structure of more than Rs 5 lakh and hence are considered expensive. These colleges are:
- DoMS IIT Madras – Department of Management Studies, Adyar
- SSN School of Management, Old Mahabalipuram Road
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Nungambakkam
- Vellore Institute of Technology, VIT University, Vandalur
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Kanchipuram
- An MBA is a major investment hence finding a college that fits your needs and offers value for money is crucial. While it’s easy to get swayed by impressive statuses and big names, it’s essential not to opt for a college based on all claims. Make sure it is an accredited program. Also, other things need to be factored in to find the right establishment.
- Some key considerations include location, infrastructure, course content, and staff expertise. Also, check out the atmosphere. Is it student-centric? What is the student: faculty ratio? Does it have a supportive alumni network? Make sure to assess all parameters carefully before taking the big step. In short, choose wisely!
Frequently Asked Question
There are various institutes that are said best for MBA coaching in Chennai. We have ranked the top 10 of them in this article. Rank 1 is considered to be the best.
The fee structure of each institute is different. Here, we have disclosed the fees of every top MBA coaching in Chennai.
All the institutes present in our Best MBA coaching in Chennai’s list provide good study material but Rank 1 has been considered as the best among students.
Chennai has been called the best place to go for MBA coaching many times in the past. MBA coaching institutes in this city have produced a large number of MBA to date. Here, you will find the Top 10 MBA coaching in Chennai.
We have specified the timings of each institute in our article. You can join the one that best suits your requirements & needs.