There are 4 ways to register for the GMAT
- Postal Mail
Most people register online for the GMAT. Here is how you can register for the GMAT in 7 steps:
- Step 1: Sign up on mba.com
- Step 2: Start the GMAT registration process
- Step 3: Enter your personal information
- Step 4: Enter optional information
- Step 5: Verify Your Profile
- Step 6: Schedule your GMAT exam
- Step 7: Pay the GMAT registration fee
Examinees have a total of three-and-a-half hours to complete the four sections of the examination. The breakdown of times for each section is given below:
Analytical Writing Assessment – 30 minutes
Quantitative – 75 minutes
Verbal – 75 minutes
Integrated Reasoning – 30 minutes
The GMAT is administered as a computer adaptive test, meaning the test adjusts as candidates answer each question and determines the type of questions to ask as the exam progresses. The algorithm produces a score based on the number of correct and incorrect questions and the difficulty level of each question answered.
- Section Scores.
Each section of the examination is given its own score. The Verbal and Quantitative sections each receive a raw score between 0 and 60, in one-point increments. Each essay in the Analytical Writing Assessment is scored twice on a scale of 0 to 6, in half-point increments. The Integrated Reasoning section is scored on a scale of 1 to 8, in single-point increments.
- Section Scores.
- Total Score.
Using an undisclosed scoring system, the raw scores of the Verbal and Quantitative sections are translated into a total score that ranges between 200 and 800.
- Total Score.
- Percentile Score.
Test takers receive a percentile score for each section and for the overall total. Percentile rankings represent the percentage of test takers (over a three-year average) who scored below the test taker.
There are certain eligibility criteria to be fulfilled to apply for GMAT. The same are stated below:
- Nationality – There is no restriction regarding the nationality of the applicant.
- Academic Qualification – A qualified bachelor degree from a recognized institute. The academic qualification criteria demanded varies for all the participating institutes.
- Age Limit – A candidates applying for GMAT Exam must be atleast 18 years old. In case, a candidate’s age varies between 13-17 years, then he/she must provide a written proof of guardian’s consent for taking GMAT Test.
- Number of Attempts – Candidates can appear for GMAT Exam a maximum of 5 times in a year.
- Retaking GMAT – Candidates have to wait for minimum 16 days before taking the test again.
- Candidates have to wait at least five years to take the GMAT Exam again if the previously obtained GMAT score is a perfect score of 800.
Rescheduling and retaking GMAt
GMAC provide candidates with an option of canceling GMAT. For this, a candidate has to visit the official website and click on cancel GMAT exam. If candidates manage to do so by a given deadline, the partial fee will be refunded of US $80.
For canceling your test follow the following steps:–
- Visit the official website of GMAC
- Click on cancel your GMAT exam
For rescheduling GMAT exam
Candidates can also reschedule their exam following the below-mentioned points
- Visit the official website
- Click on ‘Reschedule your GMAT Exam’
- Enter Login Id and Password.
- In case you are a new user then click on create an account.
- Enter the details – Name, Last Name, Email Id and Password and click on create a button
To reschedule, candidates have to pay the rescheduling fee as follows:-
- If you chose date more than 7 calendar dates of the previously scheduled test date then you have to pay US $ 50. For every rescheduling, candidates have to pay this amount
- If you chose date within 7 calendar days then you have to pay US $ 250