application process - IBPS PO
IBPS PO Application Form was available from August 7, 2019 – August 28, 2019. Aspirants need to visit the official website- ibps.in to register for IBPS PO 2019 Exam. All applicants who successfully completed their graduation by August 28, 2019, are eligible for IBPS PO 2019. Read Detailed IBPS PO Eligibility:
- Eligible candidates can fill the application form through online mode only at the official website of IBPS.
- Candidates will have to register for the exam, fill the application form, upload documents and pay the application fee for IBPS PO 2019.
- Application fees are INR 600 for General Category candidates and INR 100 for Reserved category must be paid in online mode.
- Eligible candidates for Pre Exam Training have to apply for the same in the application form.
- Candidates can check the status of their application by visiting the official website of IBPS and enter their login ID and Password.
- Post successful registration for PO Exam, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will issue IBPS PO Admit Card 2019.
- This year, Preliminary exam will be conducted on October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019 and Main exam for IBPS PO is scheduled for November 30, 2019.
IBPS PO 2019 Application Form Official Dates
The following table shows all important dates of the events related to IBPS PO 2019 Registration:
|IBPS PO Registration 2019 Begins from||August 7, 2019 (Over)|
|Last date to Submit IBPS PO Application Form 2019||August 28, 2019|
|Online Payment of IBPS PO Application Fees/ Intimation Charges||August 7 – 28, 2019|
|IBPS PO Admit card 2019 for Prelims exam will be issued on||September, 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Prelims is scheduled on||October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019|
|IBPS PO Admit card 2019 for Main exam will be issued on||November, 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Main exam is scheduled on||November 30, 2019|
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates must briefly go through minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the banking exam:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen
- Candidates must be between 20 to 30 years of age as on August 1, 2019.
- Candidates must possess a bachelors degree in any stream or equivalent qualification recognized by government of India.
Documents Required for IBPS PO Registration
As per the latest notification, candidates must upload the following documents while filling the application form for IBPS PO 2019. The specifications for each document are mentioned below:
|Documents||Dimensions||File Size||File Type|
|Photograph||200 X 230 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Signature||140 X 60 Pixels||10 – 20 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Left Thumb Impression||240 X 240 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Hand Written Declaration||800 X 400 Pixels||50 – 100 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
Hand Written Declaration Text– “I,
IBPS PO 2019 Application Process
Candidates must apply for the exam by registering on the official website- ibps.in. The details entered in the application form 2019 will be used to generate IBPS PO Admit Card. Steps to apply for the exam are given below:
Step 1- Online IBPS PO Registration
- Visit ibps.in and click on ‘CWE PO/MT’.
- Click on the option “Click Here to Apply Online for CWE Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee (CWE PO/ MT- IX)”.
- Click on “Click Here for New Registration” tab and enter your Email ID, Mobile Number, and other details to register for the exam.
- Provisional Registration Number and Password are generated and displayed on the screen. An Email and an SMS indicating IBPS Registration login credentials is sent to the candidates.
Step 2- Filling IBPS PO Application Form 2019
Candidates need to fill in the asked Personal, Educational and communication Information such as Name, Nationality, Mobile Number; Qualifications and Experiences. Also, enter the choice of IBPS PO Exam Center with correct state code for both Preliminary and Main examination. After filling the details, the candidate needs to click on ‘I agree’ to declare that the information entered is authentic.
Step 3- Uploading Documents
Candidates must use their IBPS Registration login details to access their account and upload the following documents as per the specifications mentioned below.
- Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Left Thumb Impression
- Scanned copy of Hand Written Declaration
Step 4- Choosing Organization Preference
Select the preferred centers for Pre Exam Training and the participating bank to be recruited in. Once the form is submitted, no further changes can be made to the preference list.
Step 5- Paying IBPS PO Application Fee
The application fee can be paid via Debit/Credit Card, Net banking, IMPS, Cash Card and Mobile Wallets. The IBPS PO Application Fee once paid, shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
1. Enter details and pay the application fee
2. An acknowledgement page will be generated. Take a print out for future use.
The Application Fee varies according to the candidate’s category:
|General/ OBC/ EWS||INR 600|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 100|
IBPS PO Application Form Correction
There is no provision to make any corrections in the IBPS PO Application Form after the final submission.
- Therefore, it is important to be careful while filling the form.
- Candidates can review their form before final submission.
- If the candidate has made a mistake while filling the form, they can apply again by filling another form since IBPS accepts the latest form filled by the candidate.
- However, the fee submitted earlier will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates will have to make a new payment for the new application form.
Details Required in IBPS PO Application Form 2019
The details entered in the form will be used to issue the Admit Card for IBPS PO 2019. Hence, candidates ensure that there are no errors or confusion while filling the details like IBPS PO Exam Center, category, etc
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Category||Choose any one among the given categories|
|Category Code||Select appropriate category code|
|SC (OH)- 02|
|SC (VH)- 03|
|ST (OH)- 05|
|ST (VH)- 06|
|OBC (OH)- 08|
|OBC (VH)- 09|
|GEN (OH)- 11|
|GEN (VH)- 12|
|Religion||Select the appropriate religion from the drop down menu|
|Number of times appeared for IBPS PO||Enter the correct number of attempts you have made for IBPS PO|
|Aadhar Card Details||Mention if you have Aadhar Card or not and its number|
|Nationality||Mention correct nationality|
|IBPS PO exam Center for Preliminary Examination||Mention State, State Code and Select the Center from the drop down menu|
|IBPS PO exam center for Main Examination||Enter State and State Code of the center; Select the center from the drop down menu|
|Father’s Name||Enter first, middle and last name in maximum 35 characters each|
|Mother’s Name||Mention first, middle and last name in not more than 35 characters each|
|Correspondence Address||Mention correct address in maximum 35 characters|
|State||Choose the State from the drop down|
|Pin code||Enter the correct 6 digit pin code|
|Permanent Address||Mention the permanent address if different from the Correspondence address in maximum 35 characters|
|Type of Bachelor’s Degree||Mention the details of your graduation degree|
|Subject/Stream||Mention the subject of the bachelor programme|
|Date of Passing||Mention the date of passing the degree in the format DD/MM/YYYY|
|Percentage of Marks||Enter the percentage obtained|
|Name of Employer||Name of company where you are working presently followed by the older one in maximum 35 characters each|
|Designation||Position at the company|
|Date of joining and leaving||Mention the joining and leaving date in the format DD/MM/YYYY|
|Years of Service||Mention the work experience in the format YY/MM|
|Language Known||Enter the languages known (multiple entries allowed)|
|Organization Preference Details||Mention the preferred organizations (any number of entries)|
Check IBPS PO Exam Pattern
Retrieving the IBPS PO 2019 Password
Candidates can retrieve the password in case they have forgotten it:
- Visit the official website and click on “Click here to apply for CWE PO/ MT-IX
- Click on “Forgot Password” on the right side of the screen.
- On the new page, enter the Registration Number and registered Mobile Number or Email ID.
- Click on “Submit”
- The new password will be sent to registered Email ID or Mobile number.
- Login with the system with the newly generated password.
Things to Remember
- After completing the application process for IBPS PO exam, the candidate should take a printout of the on-line application form and confirmation page, and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to the IBPS or Participating Banks.
- All the charges will be accepted in Indian Rupee. If in case the candidate uses a non-Indian credit card, the bank will convert the local currency based on current exchange rates.
- An online application form will not be considered valid without a proper passport size photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form or in case of unsuccessful fee payment.
- The candidate is responsible for the information furnished in the application form.
- In case of multiple applications, the latest complete application will be considered by the authority and the already paid application fee for other IBPS PO Online Applications will stand forfeited.
- Candidate must upload the documents in the below-mentioned format and size. They must retain copies of the same photograph as it can be used at various stages of the IBPS PO Selection Process. If the candidate fails to produce the same passport size photograph at any stage, he/she may get disqualified.
- Order of preference for participating organizations is inbuilt in the IBPS PO application form. Candidates should indicate their order of preferences on this stage. No requests for change in this connection shall be entertained in the future.
exam pattern - ibps po
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern comprises of three stages: Preliminary exam, Main exam and Interview Round. The exam pattern varies at all different stages of exams. English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability sections are found in both prelims and the main exam but the level of difficulty varies. In addition to the mentioned sections, the Main exam also has General Awareness and computer aptitude section.
IBPS PO 2019 exam will be organized in online mode. Prelims are just a qualifying exam, it is not counted in the final result. Selection of candidates depends upon the score obtained in the Main exam and Interview.
IBPS PO Prelims and Main exams will be held on October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019 and November 30, 2019, respectively. Around 20 lakh students are expected to appear for IBPS PO this year.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern is similar to the pattern updated by IBPS last year (2018-19). Some of the key changes introduced are:
- The duration for IBPS PO Main has been increased to 3 hours 30 minutes.
- The difficulty level of the exam may rise due to the increase in the time period and the decrease in the number of questions (dropped from 200 to 155).
- The ‘Computer Awareness’ section has been scrapped and re-introduced as ‘Computer Aptitude’ which is merged with Reasoning Ability section.
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude’ section has been renamed as ‘Data Interpretation and Analysis’. It now includes questions from Data Interpretation as well.
IBPS PO 2019 Main exam will include an English descriptive paper comprising Essay and Letter writing for 25 marks within 30 minutes.
Practice paper - ibps po
IBPS PO Exam is conducted to hire Probationary Officers for participating in nodal banks. Around 20 lakh candidates apply for the exam every year. Due to high competition, the level of IBPS PO exam is extremely difficult.
- In the prelims exam, there are 100 questions with a time constraint of 60 minutes. Check Exam Pattern
- Speed and accuracy are the results deciding factors and these two skills come with practice.
- The mock tests and previous years’ papers are considered to be the best for practice when less time is left for the exam.
- Candidates can prepare for IBPS PO examination by solving as many practice papers as they can as it will also train them in time management and formulate their own exam strategy.
- It is essential to be thorough with the IBPS PO Syllabus to score well in the exam.
results - ibps po
IBPS PO 2019 Result for Preliminary Exam will be released in the month of November, 2019. The result will be available in online mode only on the official website – ibps.in. Candidates will have to login with their Registration Number/ Roll Number and Password/ Date of Birth to access their result of IBPS PO 2019.
- The result will be published in the form of a scorecard containing Sectional and Overall Cutoff and candidate’s score.
- Preliminary exam is qualifying in nature and its score will not be used in determining final merit list.
- Candidates who qualify Prelims will appear for Main exam and those who clear Main exam will appear for Interview Round.
- Finally, candidates who qualify interview are selected. Check IBPS PO Selection Procedure
- The marks obtained in Mains exam and Interview, in ratio of 80:20, are the deciding factors for selection of the candidates.
IBPS PO 2019 Result Dates
IBPS PO 2019 important dates regarding exams and results are provided here:
|IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Dates||October 12, 13, 19 and 20, 2019|
|Declaration of IBPS PO Prelims Result||November, 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Main Exam Date||November 30, 2019|
|Declaration of IBPS PO Main Result 2019||December, 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Interview Dates||February, 2020|
|Final Result and Provisional Allotment||April, 2020|
How to Download IBPS PO 2019 Result?
Separate IBPS PO Result will be released for each stage of the exam. Candidates have to follow these steps to download the Result:
- Visit the official website – ibps.in
- Click on the link “IBPS PO Preliminary Result”
- Enter your Registration No./ Roll No. and Password/ Date of Birth
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download the result and save it.
Details in IBPS PO Scorecard
Following are the information you will find on an IBPS PO Scorecard:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Category-wise Sectional and Overall Cutoff
- Maximum Score & Obtained Sectional and Overall Score
- Qualifying Status
IBPS PO 2019 Result Stages
IBPS will release results separately for all the three exams- Prelims, Main Exam and Interview Round. As per IBPS PO 2019 Selection Procedure, the candidates will move to next phase, if and only if they qualify the previous phase. The result of all the stages have different characterstics:
IBPS PO Prelims Result
- Prelims is a qualifying examination.
- Its result is not used for final merit but only used to shortlist candidates for Main exam.
- Maximum marks: 100 marks
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for correct answer, -0.25 marks for incorrect answer
- To get qualified for the next phase, candidates must meet the sectional cutoff as well as the overall cutoff.
IBPS PO Main Exam Result
IBPS PO 2019 Main is the second phase for the recruitment process of Probationary Officer.
Total marks: 225 Marks (Objective Paper-200 marks, Descriptive paper-25 marks)
Descriptive Paper will only be examined when the candidate will qualify objective paper.
Candidates need to qualify each section of the main exam and also a minimum qualifying mark in total to get shortlisted for the interview round.
The cut-off list is created based on the vacancies and the difficulty level of examination.
Marks gained in the Main exam will not be disclosed to candidates before the final round.
Also, Main’s score has 80% weight in the final merit list.
IBPS PO Interview Result
- Candidates who score qualifying marks in IBPS PO Main exam will be called for Interview Round.
- Interview Round will be of 100 marks.
- Candidates from unreserved category should score at least 40% while reserved category must score at least 35% to qualify the interview.
- Interview Round’s score has 20% weightage in the final merit list.
Normalization of IBPS PO Scores
- The corrected scores obtained by the candidates in each of the sessions will be normalized using the equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to 2 decimal numbers are taken while calculating the scores in IBPS PO Result.
- The corrected score is calculated by the number of correct answers given by the candidate with a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- So, if a candidate scores 30 correct answers and 8 wrong answers, then the total score of the candidate will be 28 ( 30 – 2 ).
Why Normalization of Score?
- IBPS PO Exam is held in different states, multiple venues, and morning/evening shifts.
- Each of the shifts have different set of question papers online.
- Since the question papers are different, the level of difficulty in question paper varies which can affect the scores of particular batches.
- IBPS normalizes the scores to take care of the difference in the level of difficulty.
- By using equi-percentile method, IBPS makes sure an unbiased decision is made.
Use of Unfair Means
- IBPS will compare the pattern of correct and incorrect responses/ answers of individual candidates with other candidates.
- If any similar pattern is detected while comparing the answers then it is inferred that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine.
- IBPS reserves the right to cancel the candidature of the concerned candidates without any notice.
- Also, the result of such disqualified candidates will be withheld.
- No representation in this regard will be entertained
IBPS PO 2019 Vacancies
Around 4336 vacancies are reported by 9 banks to IBPS. This is the first time when Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category has got 10% reservation in the vacancies. Tabulated below are the official vacancies offered by participating organization for each category:
|Bank Name||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||Gen||Total||Out of Which PwD|
|Bank of Baroda||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Bank of India||158||58||11||89||583||899||6||17||6||6|
|Bank of Maharashtra||52||26||94||35||143||350||3||3||3||3|
|Central Bank of India||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Indian Overseas Bank||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||48||22||79||29||122||300||3||3||3||3|
|Punjab National Bank||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Punjab and Sindh Bank||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Union Bank of India||114||53||159||65||253||644||12||12||15||6|
|United Bank of India||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|