IAS (Main) Admit Card 2019 (Released): Check Documents Required and Instructions
UPSC released IAS 2019 Admit Card for Civil Services (Main) Exam on August 30, 2019. Admit Card can be downloaded IAS 2019 from the official website – upsc.gov.in by candidates using their registration number/ roll number and date of birth.
- IAS Main exam will be conducted on September 20, 21, 22, 28 and 29, 2019. Candidates must carry their admit card on all exam days.
- IAS Admit Card consists of important details like candidate’s name, father’s name, DOB, photograph, signature, address of the allotted IAS Exam Centre.
- Along with the hall ticket, an original photo ID proof must also be carried by the candidates.
- Any discrepancy in the e-admit card should be conveyed to the UPSC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only candidates who qualify Main Exam will be issued admit card for the interview round.
How to Download IAS Admit Card 2019?
The admit card for IAS Main Exam is issued online and candidates have to download it from the official website. Here is a list of requirements to download IAS Admit Card 2019:
- Registration Number and Date of Birth or
- Roll Number and Date of Birth
How to Download IAS Admit Card 2019?
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on ‘Download IAS Admit Card 2019’.
- Enter Registration ID or Roll Number. Click on Login.
- You will be redirected to IAS Admit Card 2019.
- Save the admit card and take a print out.
What after Downloading IAS Admit Card?
- Once downloaded, cross-check all the details mentioned on the IAS Admit Card..
- In case of any incorrect detail, you must contact the authorities immediately.
- In case, your photograph/ signature is blur, carry a photograph to the exam hall along with a photo ID in the original.
Details Mentioned on IAS Admit Card 2019
IAS Admit Card specifies all important information about the candidate.They must verify all the particulars and ensure that every detail mentioned on IAS Admit Card is correct. Information on admit card of IAS is given below:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s roll number
- Candidate’s date of birth
- Name of the candidate’s father
- Photograph of the candidate
- Date and timing of exam
- Venue of the test centrw
- General Instructions for exam
Discrepancy in UPSC Civil Services Admit Card 2019
In case there is any discrepancy in the details mentioned on IAS Admit Card, a candidate should immediately contact the concerned authorities for its remedy. If you do not alert the authorities before examination, you might have to face problems on the exam day.
You can contact the concerned authorities in the following cases:
- If your name is misspelt in IAS Admit Card
- If your PwD/ DA status is incorrect in IAS hall ticket
- If a different test city is allotted rather than the one filled during IAS Registration.
- If your photograph is not visible on admit card
- If you are unable to download admit card despite successful registration
In all these cases, you must immediately contact UPSC. You can contact the helpdesk from Monday to Saturday between 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The facilitation counter is located at the commission’s office or contact over the phone through the numbers that have been listed below:
- 011- 23385271
Documents Required at IAS Exam Center 2019
- A candidate is required to bring an original and Xerox copy of a valid photo Id proof along with UPSC Civil Services (Main) Admit Card.
- Candidates applying under reserved categories are also advised to carry the original copy of their Caste/Disability certificate on the day of the exam.
- Those who have changed their names with due procedure should also carry their respective document along with their IAS Admit Card.
Candidates appearing for IAS 2019 should carry any one of the following documents as their photo identity proof to IAS Exam Centre:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar UID
- Driving License
Items Barred at IAS Exam Center
Any electronic material such as watch, microphone, Bluetooth, earphone, mobile, health band, calculator, pager and pieces/bits of paper, pencil box etc. is not allowed inside the exam hall.
It is recommended to wear open footwear.
Candidates are also advised not to put mehendi or any cosmetic color on their hands as it may cause error while doing digital fingerprint scan recording on the exam day.
They cannot sit for the exam unless they clear the fingerprint scanning.
IAS 2019 Exam Day Instructions
Candidates know about the basic instructions and disciplinary rules followed during the exam and at IAS Exam Centre. The candidates can go through some specific set of instructions related to IAS Exam 2019. Candidates must keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Candidate must remember to carry UPSC Civil Services (Main) Admit Card in each session of the IAS Exam.
- IAS Admit card must be preserved till the IAS Recruitment is over.
- Candidate must reach IAS Test Centre well before the specified time to avoid any trouble.
- If an orthopedically or visually impaired candidate has opted for a scribe, they will need to produce a separate IAS Admit card for the scribe as well.
- The candidate should not possess mobile phones, electronic gadgets, digital watches, calculators and any other such devices, while inside the IAS exam hall.
- Use of unfair means inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.