Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 23-11-2019
UPSC exam current affairs 23-11-2019- The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- GDP slump will hit $5 to targets, warns NITI Aayog
- Amaravati finally finds a place in the political map of India
- Centre, Punjab at odds over stubble burning
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 23-11-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 23-11-2019 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (23-11-2019)
GDP slump will hit $5 to targets, warns NITI Aayog
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Economy
- The way to a $5 trillion economy by 2025 is plagued with many speed breakers.
- A proportion of development without representing swelling — must be in any event 12.4% on a normal if that target must become to.
- Residential speculation and utilization are the main trustworthy drivers for economical re-increasing speed of the economy.
- As per information he gave, a net fixed capital arrangement in the sub-segment of ‘residences, different structures and structures’ tumbled from 12.8% of GDP in 2011-12 to 6.9% in 2017-18.
- The log jam in the local market is additionally a result of the restricted accessibility of capital with the banks which are secured because of high non-performing resources in overwhelming industry and framework.
- In the force segment, there is a high cross-sponsorship for private tax prompting high mechanical taxes
- The electric force transmission and circulation (T&D) misfortunes in India remain at 19%, higher than that of Bangladesh and Vietnam.
- Earnest need to concentrate on the fare of high-esteem innovation and assembling products rather than essential merchandise as of now exporter.
- 98% of telephones traded by India are in the low-esteem class, to the Middle East and Africa.
Amaravati finally finds a place in the political map of India
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Polity
- The Survey of India discharged another political guide of India with Amaravati as the capital of Andhra Pradesh, which turned into the residuary State after bifurcation of joined Andhra Pradesh in 2014.
- Amaravati was absent from the new guide, which was discharged by the Survey of India.
- It commenced a political tempest with the Opposition TDP and the decision YSR Congress Party accusing each other of the Center declining to perceive Amaravati as the capital of the State.
- Amaravathi is a town situated on the banks of Krishna River, in Guntur area of the Indian province of Andhra Pradesh.
- It is the central station of Amaravathi Mandal, and structures some portion of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region with its home office at new Amaravati 35 km (22 mi) east, whose name is likewise obtained from the name of Amaravathi.
Centre, Punjab at odds over stubble burning
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Environment
- With paddy gathering at its fag end in the key grain-creating State of Punjab, both the Central and State governments discharged information on stubble copying.
- Association Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar told the Rajya Sabha that the occasions had declined 19% this year, remembering a 16.8% decrease for Punjab.
- Punjab’s Pollution Control Board (PCB) information show an expansion of 2.3% in the number of episodes.
- The Center’s information originates from the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), screens stubble consuming in Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh utilizing satellite information.
- PCB routinely checks stubble consuming occurrences from September 24, given that paddy collecting starts in right on time to mid-September.
- The consumed zone figure, which is gathered toward the finish of the period, gives the genuine ground reality about ranch fires. A year ago, the consumed zone had diminished by 9.95% in examination with 2017.
- The consuming of yield buildup is managed under the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981.
Bengaluru is India’s top-ranked city in new global inclusive prosperity index
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Report
- Bangalore developed as India’s most elevated positioned city at No. 83 of every another file of the world’s 113 urban areas regarding financial and social inclusivity, bested by Zurich in Switzerland.
- The first-since forever Prosperity and Inclusion City Seal and Awards (PICSA) Index, discharged in the Basque Country capital of Bilbao in northern Spain.
- Delhi at 101 and Mumbai at 107 are the other Indian urban communities in the file, with the main 20 granted a PICSA Seal as the world’s most noteworthy positioned urban areas building comprehensive success.
- PICSA gives another proportion of monetary profitability that goes past GDP to give an all-encompassing record of how well individuals are getting along in the economy and which have the populaces that are generally engaged to add to its economy and offer in its advantages, clarified Asier Alea Castanos, Director of Strategic Programs at the Regional Council of Biscay, in reference to the list dispatch.
- Zurich, number one, scores unequivocally over all measures, especially on personal satisfaction, work, lodging, relaxation, security, and training — with the Swiss advanced education framework accomplishing a particularly high score.
TOPIC: General Studies 2:
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
General Studies 3:
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
Labour Code Bill
- The Union Cabinet affirmed The Industrial Relations Code Bill, 2019 as of late.
- It proposes to amalgamate The Trade Unions Act, 1926, The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946, and The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- It is the third code under work changes.
- There will be complete four-wide work codes.
- Code on Wages has just been affirmed.
- Code on Occupational Safety, Healthy and Working Conditions Bill was presented in the Budget session this year.
- Code on Social Security is in the pre-administrative stage.
Trade Unions Act, 1926
- The Act accommodates the enrollment of the worker’s guilds with the ‘Enlistment centres of Trade Unions’ set up in various States.
The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- The target of the Industrial Disputes Act is to verify modern harmony and amicability.
- It gives instrument and methodology to the examination and settlement of modern questions by assuagement, assertion and mediation are how which is given under the resolution.
- The fundamental and extreme target of this demonstration is “Support of Peaceful work culture in the Industry in India”.
The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
- The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act 1946 necessitates that businesses have terms including working hours, leave, efficiency objectives, expulsion strategies or specialist characterizations, affirmed by an administration body.
Features of The Industrial Relations Code Bill, 2019
- It offers some level of adaptability on government authorizations for conservation,
- The most significant part of the Bill is that it displays the lawful structure for introducing the idea of ‘fixed-term business’ through provisional labourers on a container India premise.
- With the presentation of fixed-term business, they will have the option to enlist labourers legitimately under a fixed-term contract.
- Under the fixed-term business framework, organizations can employ provisional labourers legitimately as opposed to procuring through contractual workers.
- There will be adaptability to change the length of the agreement dependent on the regularity of the business.
- These labourers will be treated on a standard with ordinary specialists during the residency of the agreement.
- The bill gives setting up of a two-part council which will prompt speedier transfer of cases.
- The edge required for government authorization for conservation has been kept unaltered at 100 representatives.
- There is adaptability for changing the edge which should be possible through the warning.
- At present, any organization having 100 specialists or more needs to look for government endorsement for conservation.
- The fixed-term business will likewise help in the progression of standardized savings advantages to all specialists alongside making it simpler for organizations to contract and fire.
Disadvantages/apprehensions regarding the Bill:
- The vague arrangement with respect to conservation would prompt vulnerability, and optional conduct during execution by the focal or state government may not be supportive of labourers.
- Any caution in law prompts vulnerability, absence of lucidity, unfair execution, and gives degree to superfluous use.
- The legislature ought to be certain whether to build the edge or hold the limit and face the results.
- This is a sort of conciliation to the two sides, which won’t really give alleviation to both of them.
- Fixed-term work should be presented with sufficient protections, else, it risks empowering transformation of changeless work into a fixed-term business.
Connecting the dots:
- The Code on Industrial Relations (IR) Bill, 2019 is viewed as the most quarrelsome work law revisions. Examine.
TOPIC: General Studies 2:
- Significant parts of administration, straightforwardness and responsibility, e-administration applications, models, victories, impediments, and potential; residents contracts, straightforwardness and responsibility and institutional and different measures
The Supreme Court has refused to stay the usage of Electoral bonds
- The Supreme Court has would not remain the utilization of discretionary bonds for a political gift.
- It said that all gatherings must uncover the subtleties to the Election Commission in a fixed spread by May 30, 2020.
- The discretionary bonds plot that was presented by the BJP has a few provisos.
- The plan was protested by a few ideological groups and furthermore the RBI and the Election Commission.
- The decision BJP presented the discretionary securities plot about three years prior, apparently to free the arrangement of dark cash.
- Notwithstanding, appointive bonds conspire has been ended up being considerably increasingly hazy, faulty and wrongfully used than the model that went before it.
What are electoral bonds?
- Electoral bonds function like gift vouchers.
- Anyone can buy them from the State Bank of India and hand them over to a political party of their choice,
- One doesn’t have to attach a name to them.
- The parties can then encash those for money.
As per the government scheme,
- The bonds are just expected to be accessible in four 10-day windows consistently.
- They must be purchased with a check or computerized move.
- The administration likewise evacuated the necessity that lone productive organizations can give cash to ideological groups making it simpler for outside firms to give also.
Who can receive electoral bonds?
- Given in various estimations of Rs 1,000, Rs 10,000, Rs 1 lakh, Rs 10 lakh and Rs 1 crore, these bonds must be encashed by ideological groups, which had.
- The gatherings are expected to verify at any rate 1 percent of the voters surveyed in the latest LokSabha or state political race.
- Monies got from appointive bonds will be stored in a financial balance confirmed by the Election Commission.
- Every one of the exchanges for appointive bonds should be possible just through that record.
Controversy behind electoral bonds:
- Specialists bring up that constituent securities are probably the first-of-its-sort instrument on the planet utilized for financing ideological groups.
- While the United States has Political Action Committees which get cash from individual and corporate givers and oversee them, they don’t have any plan that enables the resident to straightforwardly buy security and give the equivalent to an ideological group.
- Rivals to the plan charge that since the character of the giver of discretionary securities has been kept unknown, it could prompt a deluge of dark cash.
- Others claim that the plan was intended to enable large corporate houses to give cash without their character being uncovered.
- A few specialists, in any case, vary and state the possibility of appointive securities was never to lure huge corporate houses into making political gifts without being distinguished.
- Something that was intended to carry straightforwardness to the framework, discretionary securities really make political financing progressively murky – however just for general society.
- Organizations don’t need to state who they are giving cash to and parties don’t have to state from whom they’re getting the money.
- In addition, different changes with respect to remote firms and beneficial organizations imply that appointive securities could without much of a stretch be utilized by shell firms that have no genuine business or benefit as a method for directing cash into legislative issues.
- This is the scrutinize that originated from the Election Commission of India, which told the SupremeCourt that it will have a “genuine effect” on straightforwardness in political financing and could take into consideration “unchecked remote subsidizing” of Indian ideological groups.
- The Reserve Bank of India, when requested its feeling, had said the securities would set a “terrible point of reference” since it would take into consideration illegal tax avoidance and undermine trust in banknotes.
- In spite of this analysis, the Finance Ministry said that the RBI has “not comprehended” the instrument of appointive bonds and that it was going ahead with them in any case.
- The Reserve Bank needed to be the association giving the bonds.
- It additionally needed the bonds to be advanced as opposed to physical. This was overruled by the Finance Ministry, which needed the bonds to stay mysterious.
- Discretionary bonds are mysterious to the extent the general population is concerned, the administration can without much of a stretch find who is purchasing and giving them away – giving the gathering in control an enormous bit of leeway in data, and possibly preventing any people or organizations from giving any bonds to the Opposition.
- As indicated by the ongoing report, in the principal closeout of constituent bonds, 95% went to the BJP.
What did the Supreme Court say?
- In its request, the Supreme Court said that while it needed to hear the issue finally at a later stage, for the between the time it needed a circumstance where the equalization was not tilted in support of anybody.
- It hosts solicited political gatherings to uncover subtleties from the gifts they got through appointive bonds to the Election Commission.
- The survey board, then again, has been approached to keep every one of the subtleties in a fixed spread until further requests of the top court.
- Different commissions, including the Election Commission, have given nitty-gritty proposals on appropriate cures.
- Complete straightforwardness in all subsidizing.
- Ideological groups should be under the Right to Information Act. The Central Information Commission decided that they were, yet the gatherings will not follow its bearings.
- There must spend restricts just as gift limits, particularly in a profoundly inconsistent society like our own, and severe punishments for spurning rules and the law.
- Open subsidizing should be inspected and presented with legitimate balanced governance.
- Voters need to request changes and we need voter mindfulness battles.
- The basic message from voters to ideological groups could be “we like you, not your enormous cash. On the off chance that you need, we will all contribute and give little individual gifts.”
- In the event that voters dismiss up-and-comers and gatherings that overspend or fix them, we would have moved the majority rules system one level higher.
- Generally significant, the discretionary bonds plot should be rejected.
- The Supreme Court is hearing a request on this issue.
Let us trust the Indian majority rule government makes do without experiencing another emergency.
Connecting the dots:
Political race Commission of India told the Supreme Court that discretionary securities will have a “genuine effect” on straightforwardness in political financing and could take into account “unchecked outside subsidizing” of Indian ideological groups. Remark.
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
- Correct answers of today’s questions will be provided in next day’s DNA section. Kindly refer to it and update your answers.
- Comments Up-voted by IASbaba are also the “correct answers”.
Q.1) Dharma Guardian is a military exercise conducted between India and which another country?
- None of the above
Q.2) Consider the following statements about NaVIC
- It is India’s own Regional Navigation Satellite System
- It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region extending up to 1500 km from its boundary
Select the correct statements
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.3) Consider the following statements about Cartosat-3
- Cartosat-3, with an ISRO-best resolution of 25 cm, will be the first of a series of high resolution, third-generation satellites planned for observing the Earth
- It will be launched by GSLV MK-III
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2