Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 04-10-2019
Current Affairs and News (04-10-2019)- The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- PRAKASH PORTAL
- VANDE BHARAT EXPRESS
- NH 766
- In economic growth, Bangladesh leads the South Asian group
- Drone cameras threatening Nilgiris wildlife
- Blood4Pet – mobile app that brings together canine blood donors
- Repatriation Mizoram Bru refugees
- Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) under RTI Purview
- Foreign Direct Investment 2.0
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 04-10-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 04-10-2019 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (04-10-2019)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Economy
- PRAKASH means ‘Force Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony’.
- The Union Minister for Power and the Union Minister for Coal and Mines mutually propelled PRAKASH gateway for straightforwardness and better coordination in coal supplies to control plants.
- The Portal targets bringing better coordination for coal supplies among all partners viz – Ministry of Power, Ministry of Coal, Coal India, Railways and force utilities.
- PRAKASH Portal is created by NTPC and sources information from various partners, for example, the Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Center for Railway Information System (CRIS) and coal organizations.
VANDE BHARAT EXPRESS
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-III -Infrastructure
- Association government began New Delhi-Katra ‘Vande Bharat’ Express to offer lift to strict the travel industry in Jammu.
- Katra is a little town located 42 km from the city of Jammu which fills in as the base camp for explorers who visit Vaishno Devi.
- The mentors of this train are indigenously produced at the Chennai Rail mentor industrial facility.
- Vande Bharat Express has been tried at 180 kmph and can run-up to the greatest speed of 160 kmph on traveler administration. All Coaches are furnished with programmed entryways; GPS based various media traveler data framework, locally available hotspot, wi-fi for diversion purposes, and truly happy with seating.
- This is the second ‘Vande Bharat’ express after the New Delhi – Varanasi semi-rapid train was begun in February this year.
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains III – Environment Conservation
- NH 766 is a key roadway among Karnataka and Kerala that goes through the Bandipur Tiger Reserve in Karnataka.
- Kerala’s Wayanad region has seen a progression of fights against a prohibition on night traffic on the woodland stretch of NH 766.
- In spite of the fact that the night boycott was first authorized 10 years prior, the prompt trigger for the present fomentation was an ongoing Supreme Court bearing to the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and NHAI to recommend elective courses so NH 766 could be closed down for all time
Bandipur Tiger Reserve:
- Spread over 990.51 sq km, Bandipur Tiger Reserve is a piece of interconnected woods that incorporate Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary (Tamil Nadu), Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary (Kerala) and Nagarhole National Park (Karnataka).
- An enormous assortment of untamed life including the elephant moves to start with one stretch then onto the next, cutting the states.
Do You Know?
- Night traffic would influence conduct science, for example, rearing and parental consideration of creatures upset their life cycle and make them stray to human territories.
- Utilizing the focal Motor Vehicle Act read with the Karnataka Motor Vehicle Rules, traffic was prohibited from the two sides of stretch from 9 pm to 6 am
In economic growth, Bangladesh leads the South Asian group
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II –International Relations
- Since 2016, Bangladesh has been developing at 7%-in addition to consistently, and its development is probably going to cross the 8% mark both in this and the coming year, as indicated by the Asian Development Bank report.
- Articles of clothing represented 84.2% of Bangladesh sends out
- Over this equivalent period, India has seen a common decrease in development rates, despite the fact that an uptick is normal in the coming year.
- Sri Lanka has been the most exceedingly terrible performing South Asian economy as far as development
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank built upon 19 December 1966.
- ADB is headquartered in Manila, Philippines. It means to advance social and financial improvement in Asia.
- ADB now has 67 individuals, of which 48 are from inside Asia and the Pacific and 19 outside.
- It is displayed on the World Bank and has a comparable weighted democratic framework where votes are dispersed dependent on part’s capital memberships.
- As of 31 December 2018, Japan and the United States hold the largest proportion of shares at 15.571%. China holds 6.43%, India holds 6.32%, and Australia holds 5.77%. Starting on 31 December 2018, Japan and the United States hold the biggest extent of offers at 15.571%. China holds 6.43%, India holds 6.32%, and Australia holds 5.77%.
- ADB gives financing to both Sovereign Nations and privately owned businesses.
Drone cameras threatening Nilgiris wildlife
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains III – Environment Conservation
- Winged creatures may get harmed when they assault automatons of picture takers which may prompt jeopardizing of species and deserting settling locales,
- Utilization of automaton cameras or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles mounted with shooting gear in woods zones, without the authorization of the Chief Wildlife Warden is a criminal offense.
- The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve was the first biosphere hold in Quite a while built up in the year 1986
- It shapes a piece of Western Ghats shared among Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Karnataka
- Primary vegetation of the locale is montane meadows and bush terrains sprinkled with shola woods
- Nilgiri Tahr (endangered species) is endemic to Nilgiri slopes. It is additionally State creature of Tamil Nadu
Blood4Pet – mobile app that brings together canine blood donors
- So as to conquer any hindrance between canine-blood request and supply, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (Tanuvas)has propelled a portable application — Blood4Pet — to bring ‘pet-guardians’ as one the nation over.
- There’s additionally an arrangement in the application for ascertaining the measure of blood required. A pooch can securely give blood once in three weeks.
- The application will support both pet proprietors and veterinarians to discover appropriate contributors for pooches and in this way help spare existences of canines
Repatriation Mizoram Bru refugees
- More than 30,000 Bru, otherwise called Reang, outcasts are currently housed in camps in north Tripura, since they fled ethnic brutality in Mizoram in September 1997.
- Activities to repatriate the Mizoram Bru displaced people back to their homes in Mizoram have bombed as the exile heads would not return referring to basically security reasons in their home State.
TOPIC: General Studies 2:
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) under RTI Purview
- Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) receiving substantial financing from the government are bound to give information to the public under the RTI Act, the Supreme Court. ( D.A.V. College Trust and Management Society Vs. Director of Public Instructions)
- Organizations like schools, universities and medical clinics which get a significant guide from the administration both straightforwardly or in a roundabout way as land at a limited rate are will undoubtedly offer data to the residents under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
- A few schools and universities and affiliations running this instructive foundation have moved the pinnacle court guaranteeing that NGOs are not secured under the RTI Act
Do you know?
- Non-legislative associations which were generously financed by the suitable government fall inside the ambit of ‘open position’ under Section 2(h) of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Under this segment of the RTI Act, ‘open power’ signifies “any position or body or foundation of self-government built up or established by or under the Constitution and included… any non-government association generously financed straightforwardly or in a roundabout way by reserves gave by the fitting government.”
- ‘Generous’ signifies a huge part that can be both, immediate or aberrant.
For example, if land in a city is without given of cost or at an intensely sponsored rate to clinics, instructive foundations or different bodies, it can qualify as significant financing.
- The Law Commission opines that ideological groups are the backbone of our whole sacred framework.
- Ideological groups go about as a channel through which interests and issues of the individuals get spoke to in Parliament.
- Since races are overwhelmingly challenged on partisan principals in our parliamentary vote based country, the plan of the potential government is set by them.
Transparency in Political parties:
- In 2010, the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) documented an application under the RTI to every single national gathering, looking for data about the “10 greatest deliberate commitments”.
- None of the national ideological groups volunteered to uncover the data.
- Thus, ADR and RTI extremist Subhash Agarwal documented an appeal with the Central Information Commission (CIC).
- In 2013, a full seat of the CIC conveyed a notable judgment by announcing that every single national gathering went under ‘open specialists’ and were inside the domain of the RTI Act.
- Despite the coupling estimation of the CIC’s, none of the six ideological groups followed it
- At last, in 2019, a PIL was documented in the Supreme Court looking for an assertion of ideological groups as ‘open position’ and the issue is sub judice
“The working of a Constitution doesn’t depend entirely upon the idea of the Constitution. The Constitution can give just the organs of the State… The variables on which the working of those organs of the State depend are the individuals and the ideological groups they will set up as their instruments to do their desires and their governmental issues.”
- It tends to have contended that national gatherings are ‘generously’ financed by the Central government.
- On the off chance that an element gets significant account from the administration, there is no motivation behind why any resident can’t request data to see if his/her cash which has been given to the substance is being utilized for the essential reason or not.
Connecting the dots:
- The making of an ‘educated’ populace, control of defilement and considering of government and its instrumentalities responsible to the administered is a need of the hour. Justify.
TOPIC: General Studies 3:
- Indian Economy and related issues
- Investment models
Foreign Direct Investment 2.0
As of late, the Union Cabinet has affirmed the proposition for the audit of Foreign Direct Investment in different parts.
- This will bring about making India an increasingly appealing FDI goal, prompting advantages of expanded speculations, work, and development.
- Starting at now (March 2019), Singapore remains India’s top FDI source, twice that from Mauritius.
Situation demanding policy response:
- Rise of Internet Multinational Companies (MNCs, for example, Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Twitter that depend on ‘champ takes-all’ stage plans of action. These organizations are portrayed basically by unjust elements since they disseminate most gains to themselves opposite their host nations.
- In 1978, the Indian government received a strategy that necessary value weakening by 100% of remote claimed organizations. This prompted the ‘Posting of MNCs’, and a large number of which at that point gave attractively comes back to both MNCs and Indian investors.
- China restricted Internet MNCs.
- China deliberately sends a compensation strategy.
- MNC firms are commanded to move innovation, share licenses and go into 50:50 joint endeavors with Chinese accomplices as a byproduct of the market get to.
Foreign direct investment (FDI)
- It is a venture from a gathering in one nation into a business or enterprise in another nation with the aim of setting up an enduring interest.
- Enduring premium separates FDI from remote portfolio ventures, where financial specialists inactively hold protections from an outside nation.
- Remote direct venture can be made by growing one’s business into an outside nation or by turning into the proprietor of an organization in another nation.
- 100% FDI under programmed course is allowed available to be purchased of coal, for coal mining exercises including related handling foundation.
- The administration has permitted 100% FDI through the programmed course for contract fabricating.
- It will increase the Make in India activity and will pull in worldwide organizations in India hoping to build up elective assembling centers
FDI 2.0 could send ‘Rundown or Trade in India’ as a vital approach device to empower Indian residents to become investors in MNCs, for example, Google, Facebook, Samsung, Huawei, and others, therefore catching the ‘upside’ they make for their foundation and organizations. This is impartial to all since Indian buyers add to the market estimation of MNCs.
- (Rundown in India): Majority (over 51%) remote claimed Indian-recorded MNCs could be qualified to residential organization charge rate though unlisted MNC backups could be exposed to a higher assessment rate. Numerous nations, for example, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and Thailand have utilized assessment motivations to draw in posting by MNCs.
- (‘Exchange India’ for example U.S. dollar-designated parent MNC Shares to be ‘Conceded for Trading’ on Indian bourses): In, Indian speculators could purchase portions of parent MNCs (where worldwide benefits and worth get combined). This can be allowed inside the $250,000 Liberalized Remittance Scheme (LRS) limit.
What needs to be done?
- Indian bourses could concede just S&P 500 stocks. The Mexican Stock Exchange permits exchanging of global offers recorded in other stock trades. India could recreate such models
Measures for fruitful usage of previously mentioned “Exchange India”:
- License Indian bourses to execute universal exchanging framework on the lines of Mexico.
- Parent MNCs in S&P 500 with business interests in India could be commanded to encourage the exchanging of their offers in India. MNCs would promptly concur as it doesn’t conceive posting in India.
- For tax collection purposes, no qualification ought to be made between exchanges in tantamount household and remote protections.
- LRS execution for purchasing remote stocks in GIFT City/NSE/BSE could be rearranged and fill in as single tick usefulness.
- Teach Indian financial specialists about the estimation of enhancement of their portfolio in universal stocks for accomplishing better hazard balanced returns.
Problem with implementation:
- For Indian residents, U.S. home duties @40% apply above portfolio estimation of $60,000.
- National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) could structure a sovereign trust for holding guardian MNC stocks.
- The NSDL could then issue BharatShares to retail financial specialists. Chosen people of the legislature of India would get casting ballot rights in parent MNCs.
- Likewise, the administration could make accessible a ‘Completely Disclosed Model’ for holding remote stocks in accordance with our NSDL/Central Depository Services Ltd (CDSL) framework.
- The predominant ‘Omnibus model’ conveys the danger of U.S agent default since financial specialists’ offers are held in the U.S. agent’s name. Therefore, it could likewise prompt higher duty liabilities in Indi
What is the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) of USD 2,50,000?
- Under the Liberalized Remittance Scheme, every single occupant individual, including minors, are permitted to uninhibitedly transmit up to USD 2,50,000 for every money related year (April – March) for any reasonable present or capital record exchange or a mix of both.
- Further, occupant people can profit from outside trade offices for the reasons referenced in Para 1 of Schedule III of Foreign Exchange Management(Current Account Transactions) Amendment Rules 2015, inside the point of confinement of USD 2,50,000 in particular.
- Expanding Indian value responsibility for would offer enhancement advantages and make Indians progressively prosperous.
- Riches conveyance through shared assets would make a temperate cycle of creative thoughts, business, work, utilization, higher charges, social and physical foundation to support Indian culture.
- MNCs would procure the altruism of Indian purchasers while extending their financial specialist base.
Connecting the dots:
- Rundown or exchange India’ ought to be utilized as a vital arrangement apparatus to empower Indians to become investors in MNCs. Remark.
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
- Featured Comments and comments Up-voted by whataftercollege are the “correct answers”.
Q.1) NH 766 often seen in news passes through which of the following states of India?
- Assam and Arunachal Pradesh
- Gujarat and Maharashtra
- Karnataka and Kerala
- None of the above
Q.2) Consider the following statements Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Japan and India hold the largest proportion of shares ADB
- It provides financing to both Sovereign Nations and private companies.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.3) Consider the following statements about Nilgiris
- The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve was the first biosphere reserve in India established in the year 1986
- Its main vegetation of the region is montane grasslands and shrublands interspersed with shola forests
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.4) PRAKASH PORTALoften seen in news is related to which of the following area?
- Management of Waste
- Promotion of energy-efficient LED lights
- Coal supply to Power plants
- None of the above.