Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 11-10-2019
Current Affairs and News (11-10-2019)- The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- SURAKSHIT MATRITVA AASHWASAN (SUMAN)
- DHRUV Programme
- Invasive weeds threatening tiger habitats in Adilabad, Telangana
- Assam tea estates violating labor laws
- NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE
- Motor Vehicles bill 2019
- Countrywide National Register of Citizens (NRC)
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 11-10-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 11-10-2019 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (11-10-2019)
SURAKSHIT MATRITVA AASHWASAN (SUMAN)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II – Health
- Union Minister for Health alongside a few State Health Ministers propelled SUMAN activity for Zero Preventable Maternal and Newborn Deaths.
- The activity targets guaranteeing honorable, aware and quality social insurance at no expense and zero resistance for the disavowal of administrations for each lady and infant visiting the general wellbeing office so as to end all preventable maternal and infant passings.
- Under it, pregnant ladies, moms as long as a half year after conveyance, and every single wiped out infant will have the option to profit free human services benefits.
- The administration will likewise give free vehicle from home to wellbeing foundations.
- The pregnant ladies will have a zero cost conveyance and C-area office if there should arise an occurrence of complexities at general wellbeing offices.
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-II – Education
- Pradhan Mantri Innovation Learning Program – DHRUV is a 14-day learning program propelled by the Ministry of HRD in ISRO HQ in Bengaluru.
- It intends to additionally hone inventive creative minds, abilities, and information on the understudies to bring solutions to financial, political and natural issues in the nation.
- 60 most splendid and gifted understudies from Science, Mathematics and Performing Arts have been decided for the program through thorough determination process
- Each understudy to be called ‘DHRUV TARA’ will be tutored by eminent specialists.
Invasive weeds threatening tiger habitats in Adilabad, Telangana
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Environment
- It was route in 1992 at the Rio de Janeiro Convention on Biodiversity that natural attack of outsider types of plants was perceived as the second most exceedingly terrible danger to the earth after living space obliteration.
- Obtrusive weeds influence populace of herbivores which are prey to the large felines
- Thus, there is the increment in the inundation of tigers from woods over the fringe in Maharashtra.
About Invasive Species
- Those species whose presentation into a biological system effectively out-contend local life forms and damages environments. Basic qualities are:
- Fast propagation and development,
- High dispersal capacity,
- Phenotypic versatility (capacity to adjust physiologically to new conditions)
Assam tea estates violating labor laws
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Economy
- A report by Oxfam, a confederation of free magnanimous associations focussing on the lightening of worldwide destitution, has hailed infringement of work rights in the tea domains of Assam.
- The report noticed that the Assam government’s duty to expanding the base wages of tea estate laborers to ₹351 met with obstacles of monetary reasonability in the segment.
- The specialists found that in spite of working for more than 13 hours per day, laborers win between Rs 137-167
- Tea brands and markets “normally catch more than 66% of the value paid by customers for Assam tea in India — with just 7% staying for laborers on tea domains”
- Oxfam asked buyers, markets and brands to help the Assam government’s transition to give living wages to laborers and to guarantee a greater amount of the value paid by the purchasers stream down to them.
- The state government is attempting to expand the wages of tea estate laborers through the up and coming Occupational Health and Safety Bill.
NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE
- Austria’s Peter Handke won the 2019 Nobel Prize for Literature, and the deferred 2018 honor went to Polish creator Olga Tokarczuk.
- Austria’s Peter Handke won the 2019 prize “for a persuasive work that with etymological creativity has investigated the fringe and the explicitness of human experience”.
- Polish author Olga Tokarczuk won the 2018 prize – postponed by one year after a rape embarrassment shook the honor giving Academy – for “an account creative mind that with exhaustive enthusiasm speaks to the intersection of limits as a type of life.”
- Olga Tokarczuk, the fifteenth lady to win the Nobel Literature Prize, additionally won the International Booker Prize in 2018.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature is a Swedish writing prize that is granted yearly, since 1901.
- It is granted to a creator from any nation who has delivered “in the field of writing the most exceptional work a perfect way”.
TOPIC: General Studies 2:
- Government approaches and intercessions for improvement in different parts and issues emerging out of their structure and usage
Motor Vehicles bill 2019
- The Motor Vehicles Bill 2019 looks to correct the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 to accommodate street wellbeing.
- The Act accommodates award of licenses and allows identified with engine vehicles, measures for engine vehicles, and punishments for infringement of these arrangements.
- The bill recommends another National Transportation Policy, which may supplant the current National Urban Transport Policy, 2014.
- The previous two decades have seen a colossal ascent in street mishaps, fatalities and other security worries in India.
- An administration council assessed that street mishaps rose by about half somewhere in the range of 2005 and 2015.
- 2014 that the National Urban Transport Policy (NUTP) council proposed another enactment, joining all methods of transportation, multi-modular coordination, street security, and so forth. Following that, the Road Transport and Safety Bill was drafted in 2014.
The revisions in the Bill predominantly center around issues identifying with improving street security, residents’ assistance while managing the vehicle division, reinforcing country transport, last-mile network, and open vehicle, mechanization, and computerization and empowering on the web administrations.
Street Safety: In the region of street wellbeing, the Bill proposes to build punishments to go about as an obstacle against petty criminal offenses. Stricter arrangements are being proposed in regard to offenses like adolescent driving, inebriated driving, driving without a permit, risky driving, over-speeding, over-burdening and so on.
Vehicle Fitness: The Bill commands mechanized wellness testing for vehicles. This would lessen defilement in the vehicle division while improving the street value of the vehicle. Punishment has been accommodated intentional infringement of wellbeing/ecological guidelines just as jocks and extra part providers. The Bill additionally accommodates mandatory review of faulty vehicles and the capacity to look at anomalies of vehicle organizations.
Review of Vehicles: The Bill enables the focal government to arrange for the review of engine vehicles if an imperfection in the vehicle may make harm nature, or the driver, or other street clients.
Street Safety Board: The Bill accommodates a National Road Safety Board. The Board will exhort the focal and state governments on all parts of street security and traffic the executives
Security of Good Samaritan: To help street mishap unfortunate casualties, Good Samaritan rules have been fused in the Bill. The Bill characterizes a Good Samaritan as an individual who renders crisis medicinal or non-therapeutic help to an injured individual in the area of a mishap and gives rules to avoid badgering of such an individual.
Cashless Treatment during Golden Hour: The Bill accommodates a plan for cashless treatment of street mishap exploited people during brilliant hour.
3rd Party Insurance: The Bill has remembered the driver’s specialist for outsider protection. re will be no top on the obligation of safety net providers. There will be a 10-time increment in protection remuneration, from Rs 50, 000 to Rs 5 lakh.
Motor Vehicle Accident Fund: The Bill requires the focal government to comprise a Motor Vehicle Accident Fund, to give obligatory protection spread to all street clients in India.
Improving Services utilizing e-Governance: Provision for web-based driving licenses, Process of Vehicle Registration, Drivers Training
Taxi aggregators: The Bill characterizes aggregators as computerized go-betweens or commercial centers which can be utilized by travelers to associate with a driver for transportation purposes (taxi administrations). The Bill gives rules to Aggregators.
- Every one of these revisions are planned to decrease car accidents by in any event half by 2030 (an objective set by the United Nations).
- Out of the numerous revisions proposed in the Act, the expanded punishments have been actualized in numerous States from September 1, 2019; simultaneously, numerous States have chosen to “weaken” the recommended increment in punishments
- The possibility of higher fines as a hindrance to car accidents depends on the supposition that a driver is reckless and that the dread of a higher punishment will energize “cautious” conduct while out and about. This conflicts with current logical comprehension in lessening car accidents that advances the plan of a framework that can pardon botches made by street clients.
- Street wellbeing specialists propose that street structures, for example, path width, shoulder nearness, number of paths and middle plan impact driving conduct, for example, working paces, path evolving, and so on.
- In the previous two decades, there have been significant interests in growing the national parkway framework in India. However, fatalities have kept on developing.
- The MVA revisions don’t address the unwavering quality of crash gauges, which structure the premise of planning preventive methodologies
- A Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) report of 2018 has recorded 1,51,430 fatalities. In any case, for that year, the World Health Organization evaluates about 300,000 passings.
- An administration of India study by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India (‘The Million Death’ study) likewise reports, in any event, a half under-detailing of traffic fatalities
- Streets themselves assume a significant job in street security, and improved geometry plans and foundation could thusly improve street wellbeing.
- Stricter punishments and serious driver preparing can’t lessen the danger of driver weariness. Notwithstanding, street specialists can change the street configuration to decrease weariness and dreariness.
- Acknowledgment of human delicacy, acknowledgment of human blunder, and production of an easy-going condition and fitting accident vitality the board.
- On the off chance that there is to be a decrease in India in car accidents, it requires building up a framework or institutional structure that empowers the age of new information new street principles along these lines guaranteeing safe thruways and urban streets.
Connecting the dots:
- Despite the driven arrangements in the altered Motor Vehicles law, safe street conduct is still miles away. Examine.
TOPIC: General Studies 2:
- Indian Constitution-authentic underpinnings, development, highlights, changes, critical arrangements and fundamental structure.
Countrywide National Register of Citizens (NRC)
- In the wake of revealing the National Register of Citizens in Assam, the BJP-drove government at the Center has said it will direct a comparative exercise in the remainder of the nation.
- It is the register containing names of Indian Citizens. It was arranged first in 1951 after the lead of the Census of 1951.
- It is utilized to distinguish who is a true blue Indian resident and the individuals who neglect to enroll in the register will be regarded, unlawful vagrants.
Updates in the National Register of Citizens (NRC) of Assam: To arrange a rundown of the names of authentic Indian residents living in Assam and, simultaneously, identify outsiders (read Bangladeshis) who may have illicitly entered the state after March 24, 1971.
Pre-freedom: Assam’s segment changes go back to the presentation of the ranch economy by the frontier state in the nineteenth century. The pilgrim state got ancestral workers from Chota Nagpur and Bihar to work the ranches and supported the relocation of Muslim ranchers from Bengal.
Post-freedom: Migrations proceeded after Independence even as Partition cemented national personalities. The ethnic, social and strict elements of the circumstance requested delicate and inventive arrangements from the political class.
- In the 1970s, All Assam Students’ Union led a huge drive, prominently known as the Assam Agitation requiring the recognition, cancellation, and extradition of illicit Bangladeshi transients.
- In 2013, the Supreme Court at long last arranged to finish the activity by December 31, 2017, prompting the present refreshing of NRC in Assam.
Significance of updated NRC:
The distribution of the refreshed NRC is a positive advance to the extent that
- It is a significant achievement in managing the flood of illicit transients from Bangladesh into that state.
- It puts to rest wild hypotheses about the degree of the illicit transient populace in Assam and the subsequent polarization that ideological groups have been abusing to make constituent additions.
Concerns highlighted in the process
- The procedure of adding individual to NRC list is excessively mind-boggling and mistaking – perplexed for lawful irregularities and blunders.
- Examples of subjective dismissal of the gram panchayat endorsements.
- Vigorous non-straightforward “family tree check” process brought about various occasions of guardians being on the draft list however kids being forgotten about. Every individual who is forgotten about will currently need to demonstrate their linkages over again yet, in addition, the reports themselves before the fitting gathering.
- Blames on part of the Supreme Court
- Absence of appropriate checking process
- Neglected to guarantee lawful lucidity over the way in which the cases of citizenship could be chosen
- Neglected to comprehend the ramifications of the outcomes, and delayed consequences just as plan of action that ought to be caused accessible for individuals who to have neglected to be perceived as residents of the State
- Powerlessness to understand the further political and strategy activities if there should arise an occurrence of loss of citizenship
- Without a legitimate guide is given to the individuals. Any arbitration proceeding without a legitimate guide for the poor is an invalid and void mediation. Also, any arbitration on a council without a judicially prepared individual there is an invalid and void mediation. It is an awful legitimate disappointment of the whole framework in which the legal executive itself has assumed an exceptionally negative job, to say the least.
- The part of the detainment of individuals. That you can detain stateless individuals is unfathomable. That is another crime of human rights occurring.
- Can anyone explain why just Assam has NRC? Indian citizenship law is to such an extent that Assam is the main spot where there’s a special case. The possibility that you can do an NRC on an all-India scale is odd.
- The Supreme Court saying you need it because you have an enemy invasion into Assam! It is a Supreme Court-created problem.
- 1.9 million people are there. And you can’t push them back at gunpoint across the border with Bangladesh.
- The mass frailty and social emergency stalking the 1.9 lakh individuals of Assam.
- Numerous individuals are in stake who lives in key and touchy outskirt state. Their archives are being equivocal.
- Assam has an unconventional issue of towns getting attacked, or vanishing, because of yearly floods released by the searing Brahmaputra. Reports get crushed, topographies move, addresses change.
- A few instances of straightforward foul play whereby families have been isolated – some announced Doubtful Voters and outsiders, others as bonafide residents.
- Across the board observation that explicitly etymological and strict minorities are being focused on – in particular, Bengali speaking Muslims and Hindus.
Connecting the dots:
- The NRC procedure has an Assam-explicit history. Extending it to the remainder of the nation is odd. Break down.
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
- Featured Comments and comments Up-voted by whataftercollege are the “correct answers”.
Q.1) Consider the following statements
Assertion (A): Invasive weeds are threatening tiger populations leading to increased man-animal conflict
Reason (R): Biological invasion of alien species of plants is recognized as the second-worst threat to the environment after habitat destruction
Select the correct answer from codes given below
- Both A and R are correct, and R is the correct explanation of A
- Both A and R are correct, and R is not the correct explanation of A
- A is correct while R is incorrect
- A is incorrect while R is correct
Q.2) SUMAN scheme often seen in the news is being implemented by which Ministry?
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Ministry of Health
- None of the above
Q.3) Consider the following statements about Dhruv Scheme
- It is intended to increase the spread awareness about space and astronomy among the school children.
- It is being implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2