M.Pharm. is a postgraduate course in the field of pharmacy. This course deals with the aspects related to pharmacy. It is concerned with the division of health and chemical science which ensures the safe and effective use of the pharmaceutical drug. The duration of Master of Pharmacy [M. Pharm] is 2 years spread over four semesters.
Top Institutes offering M.Pharm. course are:
- KLE College of Pharmacy, Hubli
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Vivekananda College of Pharmacy
what is m.pharma
list of colleges for m.pharm - state wise
who should opt for m.pharma
Students who like medicines and life sciences can study at M.Pharm. course. The students who have a keen interest in pharmacy should not opt this course. An appealing personality and a lot of patience is a prerequisite for this course. The students who have ethical awareness and interpersonal awareness can go for this course. A sense of responsibility and strong logical thinking are other attributes which go well this course. Students who have analytical thinking and patience can choose this course and further develop themselves. This course suits well to the students who look for a fulfilling career in supporting the health service of the country. Aspirants with excellent communication skills and a flair for convincing people are always welcomed in this course. Students with numeracy as their strongest suit are tailor-made for this course.
what is m.pharma
where to study: TOP COLLEGES FOR M.PHARM
Academic Options after M.Pharm.
After completing M.Pharm., the students may decide to go for further qualification. By pursuing Ph. D. in pharmacy they can step into the field of research. There are various universities which offer Ph.D. in Pharmacy. Some top among them are University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh, Bombay College of Pharmacy Mumbai, IIT BHU etc.
The minimum eligibility for M.Pharm. course is a degree in Bachelor in Pharmacy program with a recommended minimum score of 50%. An entrance exam is the preferred mode of admission by most colleges for this course. Most of the colleges accept the score of entrance test like Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT). The candidates with their graduation results awaited are welcomed to apply for this course.
Entrance exams for m.pharma.
For admissions in M.Pharm., the most common path goes through entrance exams. Most of the universities accept scores of GPAT. After entrance, the candidates may have to undergo a counseling process as per the specific requirement by university. Some of the universities follow this process by and personal interview. The scores at each stage are accumulated according to respective weights and candidates are selected on the basis of final score.
As the preferred route to this course by most of the universities is entrance test, some of the most popular tests are described below:
- GPAT: Conducted every year by All India Council for Technical Education, GPAT is a national level exam. It asks questions from the fields like pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacology and pharmacognosy.
- APPGECET Pharmacy: Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is a state level exam to take admissions in postgraduate programs in pharmacy colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
- AIPSSCET: All India PG Super Specialty Common Entrance Test is a national level entrance exam conducted for taking admissions in postgraduate programs in pharmacy.
- BITS HD Pharmacy: Birla Institute of Technology Higher Degree Pharmacy is an institute specific entrance test for admissions in the postgraduate pharmacy programs offered by the institute.
Each entrance test has its own syllabus but some topics remain covered in all of their syllabi. Such topics are demonstrated in the figure given below:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
SELECTION PROCESS FOR M.PHARM
The selection criterion for admissions in Master of Pharmacy differs from institute to institute.
Some of the universities take admission only on the basis of scores in the entrance exams conducted by them.
However, there are some universities which may go for a counseling procedure. It can also be followed by group discussion and interview stage. The candidates who pass each stage and get through are selected for final admissions on the basis of accumulated score so far.
Top colleges for m.pharm