In this article, you will get to know how to learn the embedded system and which books for the embedded systems you should refer to. We have curated the list of 6 books you can read.
An embedded system is a combination of a computer processor, computer memory, and input/output peripheral devices. They are designed for a specific function or functions within a larger system. If you want to learn about embedded systems then these are some topics that you need to work in Embedded systems. These are Microcontroller or microprocessors, Hardware design, Programing.
If you become perfect in this field then you can do wonders in your life. This for the reason that, if you look around, we are actually surrounded by embedded systems both big and small. For example, your mobile phone, calculator, Set-top box, Inverter/UPS, router for internet, and whatnot. We even have automobiles running a significant amount of software on microcontrollers.
If you are just looking for the best books for the embedded system then you should know that just reading a book will do little justice to such a vast subject. Book is not enough for all range of topics in the sense that after reading a book you will create an embedded system on your own.
You can refer to these 6 books for an embedded systems to get a good knowledge of embedded systems.
Books For Embedded System
Practical C Programming
The book Practical C Programming is written by “Steve Oualline”. To control an electronic device, comprising of Integrated Circuits you need to instruct commands to the hardware. This is only possible when a device understands machine language. Hence a programming language is necessary to communicate with the device. Thus we have included this in the best books for embedded systems. To read this book you must have basic knowledge of C programming language. With this book you will cover the following points:
- Pointers usage in memory management
- File handling with Operating system
- Dangerous usage of pointers and how to avoid them
- Best way to debug and optimize C code for a smaller footprint
- Finally, you will know about portability issues associated with file names, null pointer, Byte order, and alignment of memory.
Making Embedded Systems
The book Making Embedded Systems is written by “Elica White”. This book for the embedded systems is written taking into account the practical aspects of embedded systems. You will know what is an embedded system really? And how it is different from standard software used in PCs. With this one of the best books for an embedded system, you will get to know about:
- Best way to develop embedded system architecture and board brings of different hardware
- Various peripherals like USB, UART, SPI, SSP, and I2C are clearly explained
- You will know how to reduce the power consumption of an embedded device
The Firmware Handbook
The book The Firmware Handbook is written by Jack Ganssle. If you are one of the hobbyists who don’t know much about hardware this book suits you. From this one of the best books for the embedded system you will get to know about:
- Basic electronics and digital design of logic circuits
- Tools and methods to write better code and implement state machines
- Handling errors in real-time using memory diagnostics and exception handling
- The bonus tip is you will know about Watchdog Timer
The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems
This book by “Mazidi” is one of the best books for newbies and students who want to learn embedded systems. 8051 is a popular microcontroller used in the industry for developing low end and high-end applications. With this one of the best books for the embedded system you will get deep knowledge about:
- Programming peripherals such as LCD
- Toggling bits of ports in 8051
- Input-output programming
- Turning on and off a device for a period of time with Timers
- Sending and receiving serial data to and from the UART Serial port
- Calculating analog values like battery voltage using ADC
- Detecting the external and internal events coming from the outside world using Interrupt
- How to interface the keyboard with 8051?
- Storing data into external EEPROM
- Interfacing of analog and digital sensors
- Generating and updating the time and date with RTC
- Controlling Motors, Relays, and Stepper motors to drive electrical loads
PIC Microcontroller and Embedded Systems
This book by “Mazidi” uses a PIC18F458 microcontroller. It is divided into two sections. The first part covers Assembly language programming and the second part covers interfacing of PIC microcontroller with various peripherals using Embedded C. With this one of the best books for the embedded system you will get deep knowledge about:
- You can code blinking of led using timers
- Send data to LCD screen using GPIO pins in 4-bit and 8-bit mode
- Send data from UART to PC and PC to UART using serial communication
- Program using interrupts to blink led
- Know how to interface a DC motor with PIC Microcontroller
AVR Microcontroller and Embedded Systems
This is a book by the author Mazidi. It covers the total architecture of AVR assembly language programming. We can say this is the best platform to learn AVR programming for embedded devices. With this one of the best books for the embedded system you can get knowledge about:
- How to interface an LCD to AVR
- Configuring GPIO ports to read/write the data on to the pins
- Interfacing of the keyboard for sending data to PC
- Working with ADC and interfacing of ADC with AVR?
- How to turn on and turn off AC and DC motors with DAC peripheral?
- How to interface Analog and Digital sensors with AVR?
- Interfacing Real Time Clock (RTC) to display date, month, year and time
All you need to know about Robotics and Embedded System
Learn Robotics & Embedded Systems
|Top 7 Robotics and Embedded System University/ Colleges in India||Top 7 Training Institutes of Robotics and Embedded System|
|Top 7 Online Robotics and Embedded System Programs||Top 7 Certification Courses of Robotics and Embedded Systems|
Learn Robotics & Embedded System with WAC
Other Skills in Demand
|Artificial Intelligence||Data Science|
|Digital Marketing||Business Analytics|
|Big Data||Internet of Things|
|Python Programming||Robotics & Embedded System|
|Android App Development||Machine Learning|