If you want to get into one of the 20 IIMs in the country, you’ll have to crack the common admission test exam or the CAT. It is one of the most popular exams in India. Last year, 2021, more than 230,000 students attended the exam just so they could get admission to one of the best B-schools in India. There is a lot of competition you’ll face, but before that make sure that you’re eligible to take the exam. There is a proper eligibility criterion for CAT. One should be sure that he/she checks out the eligibility criteria before they begin their preparation And also know Who Is Eligible For CAT Exam?
The CAT eligibility is the same every year, and we can expect it would be the same this year too. The following are the eligibility criteria for people Who Is Eligible For CAT Exam?
- One has to complete their bachelor’s degree with not less than 50%. The percentage is 45% for SC/ST and differently-abled students. The university should be recognized by the MHRD.
- If one has completed his/her professional degrees with over 50% (SC/ST/DA with over 45%), they are also eligible for the exam.
- Final year students with all bachelor’s degrees can also apply for the exam. But if selected, they are required to clear their bachelor’s with the given percentage by the time of selection. If they fail to do so, their result in the further admission processes would be cancelled.
- There is a section for work experience; this condition is not a mandatory requirement. There is some weightage of work experience in the later stages of the admission process in IIMs. But, work experience will not affect the scores or eligibility.
- There is no age limit for the CAT entrance exam. People of all ages can take the exam.
So, if you check out all these above criteria, you’re completely ready to start your preparations for the CAT entrance exam. Give your best to preparations and practice hard to ace your CAT exam, and earn yourself a seat in a top b-school.