Delhi is known as the capital of India, but it is also renowned for various kinds of coaching in India. The capital city has many exceptional and creditable coaching centres for IAS aspirants. However, coaching centres are charging lump-sum fees. The reason the fee structure varies depends on diverse factors like experienced faculty members, past- exam results, facilities on offer, etc. IAS exam is known to be the distinguished and arduous exam to crack, students are often looking for coaching centres that have an excellent reputation and avail their services at reasonable rates. However, there are coaching centres where students can avail of free IAS coaching in Delhi. Several students coming from villages of India who cannot afford such coaching and for the various institutions by the Government of India has started free education schemes to help empower them.
How to Get Free IAS Coaching in Delhi?
Focusing on providing free coaching to students, the Central and state government of India and Some social organizations are offering free IAS coaching centers in Delhi. Delhi also has many renowned coaching centres that provide free IAS coaching services for their students. Many private coaching centres in Delhi are charging high fees that are not affordable by the middle and lower class society aspirants. Listed below are some of the institutions that are providing free IAS coaching in Delhi as:
- Jamia Milia Islamia
Jamia Milia Islamia University in Delhi gives free coaching proposal for the candidates of the UPSC Exam every year. This university provides free coaching as well as free lodging facility to the aspirants who have enrolled for the classes. However, the candidates who want to access the free coaching facility need to pass the entrance test and interview round. However, to get the admission to this institute the following persons are eligible for availing such facility such as
- SC/ST or Muslim minority
- Women candidate can also apply
- 10% of seats is reserved for students below 24 years of age
- Sankalp Bhawan
Sankalp Bhawan is situated in RK Puram and, it also provides hostel and food facilities to the IAS aspirants. This institute provides for sincere, socially devoted, and creative persons containing those from the deprived section of the society to enlist the civil services.
- Jamia Hamdard
Jamia Hamdard Residential coaching offers free residential coaching for IAS aspirants that have cleared the written test and interview conducted by the institute. The institute also offers its free services for central services & other states. The institute provides a stipend of 2000 rupees to 20% of the selected candidates from the applicants that have aced the written test and interview conducted by them. The application fee for the institute is around 200 rupees. The institute is highly regarded for its high-quality services and has won accolades. To apply for free residential coaching, visit the institute website jamiahamdard.edu and know more about the program.
- Dikshant Education Centre
Dikshant Education Centre is located in Mukherjee Nagar in Delhi, and it offers free IAS coaching for students belonging to financially weaker students. The scheme is benefitted by the socially backward sections of the society such as SC/ ST and, etc. The scheme has empowered many students and has made their dream of becoming an IAS officer a reality.
- Delhi Government Free Coaching Scheme
The government of Delhi is offering free coaching for candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC who have performed exceptionally well in their exams. The scheme was earlier eligible to SC & ST students only; however, the state government has now extended it to the general category too. The state government is providing the entire fee for students whose family’s annual income does not exceed 8 lakh. As per the scheme by the state government has reserved 15000 seats in a various reputed coaching institute for deserving candidates. The candidates can avail of the financial help of a maximum of 1 lakh rupees through this scheme.
How to Put the Application for Free IAS Coaching in Delhi?
To take advantage of free coaching in Delhi, the candidates have to follow the below steps:
- Apply by registering to the coaching institutes present in the scheme for financial assistance.
- Appear for the eligibility test conducted by the chosen institute.
- The selected candidates will get financial help according to their eligibility.
- The institute will provide for a stipend for the entire duration of IAS coaching.
- The financial assistance given is transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account.
Eligibility Criteria For Free Coaching
- The interested candidates must score the prescribed marks by the qualifying coaching institute to gain for free coaching.
- The eligibility test for aspiring IAS candidates is conducted by the qualifying coaching institute given in the list. They can relax the eligibility criteria for SC/ST category. The candidates are selected according to their performance academically.
- The annual income of SC/ST Class candidates must not exceed a total of 8 lakh. The government will bear the full tuition fee for the deserving candidates.
- Through the scheme, an individual candidate could only benefit twice, irrespective of times he or she has appeared for the IAS exam. However, during the second attempt to clear the test the state government only offers 50% of the admissible coaching institute fee.
- The eligible candidate is entitled to free coaching for both the stages of the IAS exam i.e Prelims and the main.
- The selected candidates for the free coaching have to attend all the classes. If he or she is unable to partake in the coaching classes for more than 15 days without a valid reason, then he or she cannot continue with the free coaching class scheme. The institute will then allot their classes to another candidate.
The above–discussed coaching institutes are among the highly renowned coaching centres that offer free coaching in Delhi. These institutes help weaker social class students to get expert guidance to help fulfil their dream of becoming an IAS officer and serve their nation wholeheartedly. It has also encouraged people from the backward class to come forward and stride a change and help build our country.