Highlights |IAS Current Affairs 02-11-2019
Current Affairs and News (02-11-2019)- The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- Bamboo Technology Parks
- Cyclone Maha
- UNESCO Creative City
- Dharma Guardian-2019
- MPs grill officials on DNA Bill
- The merger of BSNL and MTNL
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
Watch Video – IAS Coaching Current Affairs 02-11-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
IAS Coaching Current Affairs 02-11-2019 are followed in the part below:
IAS Current Affairs and News Analysis (02-11-2019)
Health emergency declared in the Capital
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Environment
- The Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority announced a general wellbeing crisis in the Capital as contamination levels entered the ‘extreme in addition to’s classification
- As per the information gave by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), the general AQI score of Delhi was 504 which provoked the specialists to consider it as general wellbeing crisis as it will have unfavorable wellbeing impacts on all, especially our kids
- The decay in air quality is because of a mix of amassed poisons due to neighborhood contamination, further spiked by blasting of wafers on Deepavali, stubble consuming and amazingly antagonistic climate conditions.
- Individuals are confronting indications related to contamination like bothering in the eyes and throat, dry skin, skin sensitivities, ceaseless hack, and windedness
- EPCA is a Supreme Court-commanded body that has over twelve individuals. It was told in 1998 by the Union Environment Ministry under the Environment Protection Act.
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Federalism
- The Mekedatu Reservoir project envisages building a balancing reservoir in the Cauvery River with a storage of 67 tmcft.
- It would likewise supply drinking water to Bengaluru and Ramanagaram regions, other than producing power.
- The proposition got the Karnataka Cabinet’s endorsement in February 2017 and the possibility report was submitted to the Central Water Commission (CWC).
- CWC has enabled Karnataka to proceed with the task with the essential that it ought to get a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA).
- Subsequent to getting NOC from CWMA, the proposition will be considered by the Advisory Committee of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, whose simultaneousness is compulsory for a task on any between State stream.
- Karnataka has been fighting for the venture to help store overabundance water in Monsoon surplus year.
- Tamil Nadu has been contradicting the task that it would successfully forestall the stream in the Cauvery, the lifesaver for agribusiness in delta regions, other than being a significant drinking water hotspot for a few regions.
About Cauvery Water Management Authority
- The CWMA, under the Cauvery Water Management Scheme, 2018, was built up on June 1, 2018, under Section 6A of the Inter-State River Water Disputes Act, 1956.
- The mandate of CWMA:
- To offer an impact to the choice of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal as altered by the Supreme Court vide its Order, dated sixteenth February 2018.
- Capacity, division, guideline, and control of Cauvery waters, supervision of the activity of repositories and guidelines of water discharge.
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains I – Culture
- Chavang Kut, the post-collect celebration of the Kuki-Chin-Mizo people group is being commended crosswise over North-Eastern states with customary exhilaration and excitement.
- The celebration denotes the Anglo-Kuki war centennial year.
- Chavang means ‘fall’ and Kut signifies ‘gather’. The celebration is seen to check the finish of the collecting season and furthermore to thank gods for a decent gather season.
- In Manipur, Mizoram and Assam and different pieces of a nation, the celebration is sorted out each year on the primary day of November month. It is a state occasion in Manipur.
- Manipur is home to 29 clans and it commends various conventional celebrations. Such occasions not just feature the dynamic shades of the area, yet in addition assume a significant job in fortifying bonds between various clans
INDIA GERMANY RELATIONS
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-II – International relations
- German Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel visited India from 31 October – 1 November 2019 for the fifth round of Inter-Governmental Consultations (IGC).
- Chancellor Merkel and PM Modi stressed that the Indo-German Strategic Partnership relies upon the typical characteristics and guidelines of greater part rule government, free and sensible trade and rules-based overall solicitation.
- They regarded the achievement of the ‘Make in India Mittelstand’ (MIIM) Program which has supported in excess of 135 German Mittelstand and family-guaranteed associations
- They perceived the productive work under the German Indian Startup Exchange Program and regarded the introduction of another German Accelerator (GA) program “Resulting stage India”, which could incite a full program for German Startups in India.
- Joint Declaration of Intent on: Consultations for the period 2020-2024; Indo-German Partnership for Green Urban Mobility; Cooperation in R&D on Artificial Intelligence; participation in the field of avoidance of marine litter and Cooperation inside the International Smart Cities Network.
- MoU for Cooperation in Inland, Coastal and Maritime Technology
- MoU on Establishment of an Academic Collaboration in Ayurveda, Yoga, and Meditation.
- MoU between the National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management MANAGE and the German Agricultural Academy DEULA in the city of Nienburg on cooperation in horticultural specialized and proficient preparing.
Women to be inducted in the Army by end-2021
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-I- Society (Women Empowerment)
- The main clump of 100 ladies will begin preparing for the Corps of Military Police (CMP) in December and will be enlisted by end-2021
- Ladies will be drafted in a reviewed way to in the end include 20 percent of all-out Corps of Military Police and their job will run from testing wrongdoing cases to helping the military in-field tasks any place required.
- Up until now, ladies were being drafted distinctly as officials and this is the first occasion when they would join the Army as the troopers or “faculty underneath official position”
- The Army intends to draft 1700 ladies Military Police more than 17 years
- Enlisting ladies in battle jobs came up in 2015 after Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman declared that the legislature has taken a “notable” choice to enlist ladies in the Military Police with an to expect to improve their portrayal in the three administrations.
- As indicated by government information, the Army has 3.80 percent of its workforce as ladies, the Air Force has 13.09 percent and the Navy six percent.
TRAI fixes ring timings for mobiles, landlines
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-III – Infrastructure (Communications)
- In another guideline, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), possesses fixed the ring energy for calls made to mobiles at 30 seconds, and those made to landlines at 60 seconds
- While this is an issue that legitimately impacts the experience of a cell phone client, the decrease in ringing time likewise influences the income of the administrator.
- The administrators pay each other an interconnection charge (as of now 6 paise/min). The charge is visited by the administrator whose clients make the administrator whose supporters get a call.
- If there should arise an occurrence of a shorter ringing time, a client may miss the call and may need to get back to the next client. Henceforth, making the administrator with a ‘shorter ringing time’ gain in interconnection charges.
- A month ago, Bharti Airtel possessed cut the ringing energy for calls made by its endorsers of 25 seconds from around 45 seconds, in counter to a comparable move by rival Reliance Jio. The standards by TRAI finish a go head to head between two significant administrators
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
- It is a statutory body set up by the Government of India under segment 3 of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997.
- TRAI is an autonomous controller of Telecom Business in India.
- Plans to manage telecom administrations, including obsession/update of duties for telecom administrations which were prior vested in the Central Government.
- It likewise normally gives requests and headings on different subjects, for example, taxes, nature of administration, interconnections, Direct To Home (DTH) administrations and versatile number transportability.
Telecommunications Dispute Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT)
- The TRAI Act was corrected by a law, powerful from 24 January 2000, setting up a TDSAT to assume control over the adjudicatory and debates capacities from TRAI.
- TDSAT was set up to arbitrate any debate between a licensor and a licensee, between at least two specialist co-ops, between a specialist co-op and a gathering of customers, and to hear and discard claims against any heading, choice or request of TRAI
Joblessness rises to 3-year high
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-III – Economy
- India’s joblessness rate in October rose to 8.5%, the most significant level since August 2016, as per information discharged by the Center for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE)
- As per CMIE, the urban joblessness rate for October 2019 remained at 8.9%, somewhat higher than the country’s joblessness pace of 8.3%.
- Among States, Tripura and Haryana saw joblessness levels of over 20% (the most elevated), while the joblessness was the least in Tamil Nadu at 1.1%
- The CMIE’s figures are in accordance with the discoveries of the most recent Periodic Labor Force Survey, which had evaluated a joblessness pace of 6.1% between July 2017 and June 2018, the most exceedingly terrible in 45 years.
- While the business has been declining, the quantity of working-age individuals who are “Not in Labor Force, Education and Training” has kept on expanding — from around 84 million out of 2011-12, it has now crossed 100 million
- It is the main business data organization (exclusive). It was built up in 1976, basically as a free research organization.
- CMIE has a nearness over the whole data evolved a way of life – from enormous scale essential information assortment and data item improvement through investigation and estimating.
Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS)
- Prior, the NSSO used to lead work studies quinquennially (5-year). Also, the five-yearly studies used to accompany a slack off more than a couple of years, along these lines lessening the plausibility of auspicious investigation
- As the household work advertise is getting progressively touchy to national and worldwide financial variables, policymakers wanted to build work insights at increasingly visit interims.
- To satisfy this goal, the Periodic Labor Force Survey (PLFS) was started by the NSSO starting in April 2017.
- The PLFS is a ceaseless overview for producing appraisals of work power pointers on a quarterly reason for urban territories and on a yearly reason for both rustic and urban zones.
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-II – Elections
- Constituent bonds worth ₹232 crores were sold in October, taking them all outnumber of bonds sold from March 2018 till October 2019 to 12,313 and the all-out an incentive to ₹6,128 crores, as indicated by information shared by the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR)
- After the Lok Sabha political decision in May, bonds worth ₹45 crores and ₹232 crores were sold in July and October, individually. In the approach the Lok Sabha political race, bonds worth ₹822 crores, ₹2,256 crores and ₹1,366 crores were sold in May, April, and March,
- Mumbai had the most noteworthy measure of bonds at ₹1,880 crores, trailed by Kolkata at ₹1,440 crores, Delhi at ₹919 crores and Hyderabad at ₹838 crores, while every other city represented ₹1,051 crores from March 2018 till October 2019,
- Informed in January 2018, the plan has been offered in 12 tranches from March 2018 till October 2019.
- The bonds are sold by the State Bank of India and can be purchased by Indian residents or organizations. Ideological groups would then be able to reclaim the bonds, which fill in as mysterious gifts
For mindmap on Electoral bonds, refer https://iasbaba.com/2018/01/iasbabas-mindmap-issue-electoral-bonds/
TOPIC: General Studies 2:
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
- The cutoff time approaches for the dealings on the last understanding under the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) as the RCEP nations are relied upon to settle in November 2019
- The last ecclesiastical gathering preceding that closed as of late, yet with no last understanding set up.
- The Leaders Summit, in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi is participating, will be hung on November 4 in Bangkok, Thailand.
Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP):
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a proposed unhindered commerce understanding (FTA) between the ten-part conditions of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) and its six FTA accomplices (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand).
- RCEP arrangements began in November 2012 at the ASEAN Summit in Cambodia.
- RCEP part states represented a populace of 3.5 billion individuals with an aggregate (GDP) of $49.5 trillion, roughly 39 percent of the world’s GDP
- RCEP will be the world’s biggest financial coalition.
- Brings stability to trade relations
- Open up markets of each of the partner countries to the others
- When the U.S. also, China is associated with an exchange war, an exchange gathering with China would imply that different nations, including India, would be compelled to agree with China’s position against the U.S.
- US and India are presently in chats on a two-sided economic agreement, which could be put in danger
India’s issues with RCEP:
- RCEP would give China more prominent access to India markets.
- Modest imports from China have just been affecting India’s household industry
- India, under the understanding, may decrease obligations on 80% of things imported from China.
- Under this understanding, India would need to cut obligations on 86% of imports from Australia and New Zealand
- India would need to cut obligations on 90% for items from ASEAN, Japan, and South Korea.
- There is the dread that organizations may be compelled to move gigantic eminence wholes to outside accomplices, rather than delivering profits to Indian investors.
- India would not have the option to seek after its information restriction plans.
- India should clarify its position and stick to it. On the off chance that it is going along with, it should say as much and console different nations, which would conceivably decrease grating during arrangements.
- On the off chance that India won’t join the gathering, specialists state it should adhere to the choice and not alter its perspective later.
Connecting the dots:
- RCEP will be the world’s largest economic bloc, covering nearly half of the global economy. Analyze
TOPIC: General Studies 3:
- Conservation, environmental pollution, and degradation, environmental impact assessment
Air pollution in Delhi (part 1)
- All schools in Delhi will be closed until (November 5), after the Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority (EPCA) requested a total shutdown of development in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, and Greater Noida.
- The activity is a piece of a progression of gradual strides to be made under the Graded Response Move Plan (GRAP)
- PM 2.5 concentration breached the 300 micrograms per cubic meter mark in the morning.
PM( particulate matter):
- The blend of strong particles and fluid beads found noticeable all around.
- A few particles, for example, dust, soil, sediment, or smoke, are enormous or dim enough to be seen with the unaided eye.
- Others are so little they must be identified utilizing an electron magnifying lens.
Particle Matter includes:
PM10: inhalable particles, with diameters that are generally 10 micrometers and smaller; and
PM2.5: fine inhalable particles, with diameters that are generally 2.5 micrometers and smaller.
Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP):
- It was affirmed by the Supreme Court in 2016 and informed in 2017.
- It contains a progression of measures that come into power steadily as contamination increments.
- GRAP is a crisis measure.
- At the point when the air quality moves from ‘Poor people’ to the ‘Exceptionally poor’ class, the measures recorded under the two classifications (‘Poor’ just as ‘Extremely poor’) must be pursued.
- In the event that air quality reaches the ‘Severe+’ arrange, GRAP commands that schools must be closed down, and the odd-even street space apportioning plan must be executed. a just be identified utilizing an electron magnifying instrument.
Air pollution in India:
- Estimated to kill 1.5 million people every year
- India has the world’s highest death rate from chronic respiratory diseases and asthma, according to the WHO.
Air pollution in Delhi:
- In Delhi, low-quality air irreversibly harms the lungs of 2.2 million or 50 percent everything being equal
- The air quality in Delhi, as indicated by a WHO study of 1600 world urban communities, is the most exceedingly awful of any significant city on the planet.
- Air quality record of Delhi is commonly Moderate (101-200) level between January to September, and afterward it definitely breaks down to Very Poor (301-400), Severe (401-500) or Hazardous (500+) levels in a quarter of a year between October to December, because of different variables including stubble consuming, sparklers consuming during Diwali and chilly climate
Connecting the dots:
- Nation’s capital is called a “gas chamber”. Critically analyze
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
Q.1) Consider the following statements about ‘Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority (EPCA)’
- It was constituted with the objective of ‘protecting and improving’ the quality of the environment and ‘controlling environmental pollution’ in the National Capital Region.
- It was constituted at the behest of the Supreme Court.
- It is mandated to enforce the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) as per the pollution levels.
Select the correct statements
- 1 and 2
- 2 and 3
- 1 and 3
- All of the above
Q.2) CHAVANG KUT is a festival celebrated predominantly in which regions/states of India?
- Jammu & Kashmir
- None of the above
Q.3) Mekedatu project often seen in news is being planned across which river?
Q.4) Consider the following statements about Electoral Bonds
- It can be purchased from any of the Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs)
- Interest will be given by the banks on these bonds.
- Electoral bonds will be valid till the next Lok Sabha elections from the date of purchase.
Which of the following statements is/are not correct?
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1,2 and 3
Q.5) Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) is conducted by which body/organization?
- NITI Aayog
- CMIE (Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy)
- NSSO (National Sample Survey Office)
- None of the above