Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 12-09-2019
Current Affairs and News (12-09-2019)- The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- Bombay Blood Group
- India Urban Data Exchange (IUDX)
- Carbon Tax – New approach to mitigate global warming
- Habeas corpus judgement – Its impact on the civil society
Importance of Current Affairs in IAS Coaching
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 12-09-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 12-09-2019 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (12-09-2019)
Bombay Blood Group
Part of: GS Prelims – Science
- In the course of the most recent two weeks, interest for the “Bombay blood gathering” has fortuitously spiked at Mumbai’s medical clinics, however supply has been rare.
- The uncommon, Bombay blood bunch was first found in Mumbai (at that point Bombay) in 1952 by Dr Y M Bhende.
- The Bombay blood gathering, likewise called hh, is insufficient in communicating antigen H, which means the RBC has no antigen H
- All around, the hh blood classification has a rate of one out of 4,000,000. It has a higher frequency in South Asia; in India, one out of 7,600 to 10,000 are brought into the world with this sort.
- This blood classification is more typical in South Asia than anyplace else as a result of inbreeding and close network relationships.
- The people with Bombay blood gathering must be transfused blood from people of Bombay hh phenotype just which is uncommon.
- At the point when we state somebody has blood bunch An, it implies that the individual has antigen of type ‘An’ and immune response of type ‘B’ in his/her blood.
- Individuals with AB have both antigen An and B in their blood and no antibodies.
- Individuals with O blood bunch have just antibodies An and B and no antigens. Anyway what isn’t commonly known is that every one of these gatherings have an antigen H in the blood too.
- There are not very many individuals who don’t have this antigen H additionally in their blood. Rather they have immune response H as a result of which no other blood can be given to them.
India Urban Data Exchange (IUDX)
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-II- Local Governance
- IUDX is an exploration venture under brilliant urban areas crucial actualized by Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in a joint effort with Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru.
- IUDX will be an open source programming stage for urban areas, industry and scientists to share Smart City information with one another that could be monetised later on, like the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for ledgers and computerized installments.
- It will encourage secure, confirmed and oversaw trade of information among different information stages, outsider validated and approved applications and other information sources
- The India Urban Data Exchange set up by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) for its Smart Cities would be extended, in the long run prompting a “commercial center”.
- MoHUA said that the open information stage for the 100 urban areas would be extended to cover 500 urban areas by 2022 and every urban focus in the nation by 2024.
TOPIC: General Studies 3:
- Environment and Ecology, Bio diversity – Conservation, environmental degradation, environmental impact assessment, Environment versus Development.
- Conservation, Environmental Pollution and Degradation, Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Issues relating to renewable energy technology and developing new technology.
Carbon Tax – New approach to mitigate global warming
An unnatural weather change is a genuine concern which should be tended to all inclusive.
As indicated by Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change (IPCC) report – Global carbon discharges need to fall by 45% from 2010 to 2030 and needs to arrive at zero toward the finish of 2050.
So we are left with 10 years to control an unnatural weather change. In the event that we don’t meet these figures by the following 10 yrs, at that point the tropical districts of the World, for the most part the worldwide South will be affected more as a result of their low heights and generally high temperatures. The effect was at that point found in Tamil Nadu emergency which had shortage of water during 2019 summer.
Despite the fact that the worldwide South has affected less for the an Earth-wide temperature boost, it is going about as a recipient from the way of life change towards the Global North.
Condition is turning into a loss however a certified worldwide agreement to address the issue is yet to be found.
So both North and South pieces of world must work cooperatively towards tending to the issue and plan measures to control it. Be that as it may, as the connection between both is inconsistent, there is a require a decent way to deal with address a worldwide temperature alteration together.
What is Carbon Tax?
- The carbon charge is a term used to speak to the expense forced to the nations dependent on the carbon substance of the powers (oil, oil, gas items) assets that they have.
- This has been the methodology associated with sharing the duty towards an unnatural weather change contingent upon their offer in worldwide carbon outflows.
- This is the most acknowledged model of relieving the issue.
Just Energy Transition (JET)
- Then again, Just Energy Transition (JET), approach gives worldwide equity regarding climatic changes and the commitment of worldwide outflows from the nations.
- It will likewise help fuel poor nations to move their fuel necessities to other vitality sources without repaying their monetary misfortunes.
Need for more green energy resources
- As the monetarily rich nations are focusing without anyone else vitality assets, need must be given to move their vitality assets into efficient power vitality assets.
- This worldwide environmentally friendly power vitality needs a huge foundation and venture. This can be accomplished if the rich nations share the weight from the poor nations.
- At the end of the day, rather than subsidizing their own vitality change, they can impart the weight to the poor countries so the foul play pipe is rearranged.
- To accomplish this greener vitality program, the nations may need to contribute 1.5% of their GDP. This should be possible by getting assets from worldwide carbon charge which is $46.1 per metric ton of CO2 radiated and the normal worldwide carbon emanation is 36.1 billion metric ton of CO2 from these vitality rich nations.
What is Carbon tax sharing?
- This is a strategy of imperativeness change wherein the countries which are exuding more than ordinary per capita carbon will back a bit of their essentialness progress with countries which are underneath typical in carbon surge.
- This will compensate the essentialness advances to greener condition from the getting countries thusly reimbursing to the greener Earth.
- So the countries which are radiating raised degrees of carbon per capita will share their essentialness propels with the beneficiary countries which are transmitting underneath typical carbon.
How to calculate carbon tax?
- The typical carbon pay from the giver nations is around $570 billion. This aggregate is appropriated among the promoter countries depending upon their great ways from the overall typical (fixed for their people size).
- The identical is the circumstance for the getting countries which gets the entirety subject to the carbon release appeared differently in relation to the overall ordinary.
- So when we add the carbon pay to all of these countries, we can deliver the carbon charge for all of them.
USA and China positioned the main two payer countries list as their outright measure of vitality moves is higher contrasted with the worldwide midpoints.
India despite what might be expected comes in the repaid nations list as a result of its high populace size and low worldwide outflow rates.
The opportunity has arrived for us all to concentrate on moderating the worldwide carbon emanation rate to the lower levels.
This can be accomplished from joined endeavors of payer countries and remunerated countries by sharing their per capita carbon emanation.
With this worldwide strategy approach, even the high salary countries whose per capita discharges are lower will likewise be profited alongside poor vitality nations. Every one of that requirements is the nations to step down their outflow stepping stools without repaying their way of life there by accomplishing worldwide green Robin Hood charge.
Connecting the dots:
- What is worldwide carbon expense and how it is determined?
- What are the measures to alleviate the an unnatural weather change as far as carbon discharge?
TOPIC: General Studies 2:
- Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary—Ministries and Departments of the Government; Pressure Groups and Formal/Informal Associations and their Role in the Polity.
Habeas corpus judgement – Its impact on the civil society
What is Habeas corpus judgment?
- Habeas corpus judgment is a court decision which characterizes keeping the freedom of common society and locking them from the key rights.
- This depends on the standard of Supreme Court decision which suspended the basic rights to life and freedom of the common society during the ‘hours of hazard’.
- The ‘hours of risk’ will be chosen from the administration about what and whose rights will be suspended? When it will be suspended? also, when it will be reestablished and so on?
- Habeas corpus judgment came into light after Indira Gandhi’s Emergency. As there was total power to start with which caused torment and murder of the honest people, the Supreme Court made a balanced governance for the legislature, to be responsible for every one of their activities through habeas corpus judgment.
In view of the announcement from H R Khanna who opinioned that ‘the most serious threat to freedom lies in treacherous infringement by men of enthusiasm, good natured yet ailing in due concession for the standard of law’. As indicated by which if the state government chooses to encroach individuals’ privilege regarding a bigger objective, at that point it must demonstrate a sound relationship for the objective and measure the reception exhibition. The choice to actualize or to take off totally relies upon the Supreme Court in synchrony with the state government. This likewise gives the privilege to court to choose when to confine, to what extent to keep, whom to confine contingent upon neighborhood conditions at state.
Example of Habeas corpus judgment in 2019
The province of Jammu and Kashmir was held under correspondence breakdown/lockdown beginning from fifth of August 2019. In view of which numerous political pioneers alongside normal man were kept from their key rights. This was trailed by minimizing Article 370 in the state which changed over these two states into association domains.
Effects of Habeas corpus judgment and communication lockdown:
- Both these moves have harmed the principal rights. Right to talk and right to express has been damaged.
- Forestalled the individuals outside the state to be in contact with their relatives.
- Made harm the whole foundation of wellbeing, transport and nourishment.
- Makes enduring the individual freedom.
Views about communication lockdown:
- Our national security Advisor Mr. Ajit Doval legitimized detainment and said that the political pioneers will stay in care till the earth is alright for them to work at the law based level however didn’t affirm to what extent this would last.
- As per scarcely any specialists from United Nations, they called the correspondence lockdown as an “Aggregate discipline” where the whole network is rebuffed because of the activity of few. This will influence the common individuals to utilize their central rights.
Despite the fact that there are contentions in regards to the confinement of correspondence lockdown in general society, papers, interviews and so on, the court have not given any clarification about this issue. Delhi High Court is ceaselessly dismissing the request of a political pioneer Shah Faesal who tested about his detainment in the state. A similar case is the Supreme Court which is over and again deferring the petitions regarding the confinement.
No non military personnel need an authorization from the court to go inside India. Despite the fact that the court have allowed freedom to travel anyplace in India, it neglected to give the legitimacy of detainment independent from anyone else. Habeas corpus judgment or correspondence lockdown in India doesn’t generally end in brutality. It is basically to remove the major rights from the individuals for time being until the law is back set up. Indeed, even the people are altering and withstand to the court rules and guideline without raising their voice for their key rights. So this shows the total official matchless quality from the administration bodies to get peace set up which is making the individuals of Jammu and Kashmir to stay quiet.
Connecting the dots:
- Is Habeas corpus judgment is valuable for people in general in J&K?
- Why the courts are not noting the petitions about the detainments?
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in comment section)
Q.1) Consider the following statements about Bombay Blood Group
- The rare, Bombay blood group was first discovered in Mumbai (then Bombay) in 1952 by Dr Y M Bhende.
- The Bombay blood group, also called hh, is deficient in expressing antigen H, meaning the RBC has no antigen H
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.2) Consider the following statements about Indian Urban Data Exchange (IUDX)
- IUDX will be an open source software platform for cities, industry and researchers to share Smart City data with each other that could be monetised in the future
- It is being implemented by NITI Aayog
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2