Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 25-10-2019
Current Affairs and News (25-10-2019)- The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- KARTARPUR SAHIB CORRIDOR AGREEMENT
- A.P. likely had a flourishing port 2,000 years ago
- Commission for Protection of Child Rights
- DOING BUSINESS REPORT 2020
- Jailed Uighur intellectual wins EU rights award
- 2 out of 3 wild poliovirus strains have been eradicated
- World Bank’s ease of doing business ranking (India 63rd Rank)
- Operationalization of the Kartarpur Corridor
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 25-10-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 25-10-2019 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (25-10-2019)
KARTARPUR SAHIB CORRIDOR AGREEMENT
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II–International Relations
- India and Pakistan consented to an arrangement to operationalize the Kartarpur passage that will encourage explorers from India to visit the Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan.
- The passage is being worked to associate Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur with Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur, the last resting spot of Sikhism author Guru Nanak, to honor his 550th birth commemoration festivities on November 12.
- Indian pioneers everything being equal and people of Indian beginning can utilize the passageway.
- The movement will be Visa-Free; Pilgrims need to convey just a legitimate identification
- The Pakistan side has guaranteed India to make adequate arrangements for ‘Langar’ and conveyance of ‘Prasad’. Notwithstanding, there has been no advancement in settling the contradiction over a $20 expense that Pakistan means to impose on every explorer.
- Pioneers would be permitted to convey kirpans (blade), one of the five articles of confidence worn by Sikhs.
A.P. likely had a flourishing port 2,000 years ago
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains I – Culture
- The first round of unearthing at the site close to the banks of the Swarnamukhi waterway in Andhra Pradesh’s Gottiprolu, around 80 km from Tirupati and Nellore, unearthed a gigantic settlement encompassed by a block walled in area (sustained settlement)
- An oceanic exchange focus based out of a braced settlement may have had an exchange society with its own military to secure its inclinations around 2,000 years prior, as indicated by Archeological Survey of India authorities associated with the exhuming of the site.
- The removal uncovered block assembled structures in curved, round and rectangular shapes. The size of blocks (43 to 48 cm) can be contrasted with those in the Satavahana/Ikshvaku period structures in the Krishna valley, as per the ASI. This implies the site may go back to the second century to the first century BCE.
- A four-equipped 2-meter tall figure of Vishnu was uncovered at the site that can be gone back to the Pallava time frame (eighth Century CE), seeing its highlights like head rigging and drapery.
- The removal additionally uncovered a progression of broken earthenware pipes that fit into one another, pointing towards a type of waste.
- ASI had exhumed about 10% of the site and would begin the second round of unearthings in November or December when more proof was probably going to be uncovered.
Commission for Protection of Child Rights
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II – Polity
- The Karnataka State Commission for Protection of Child Rights needs the Department of Primary and Secondary Education to prohibit schools from doling out schoolwork to understudies in classes I to V.
- This proposition is made in light of the fact that the move will facilitate the weight of youthful personalities.
- Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005 given to the foundation of Commissions for Protection of Child rights both at the national level and State level.
About National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)
- NCPCR is the nation’s zenith kid rights body.
- The goal of this commission is to secure, advance and shield the youngster rights in India incorporating the rights embraced in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Children, 1989, confirmed by India in 1992.
- The Chairperson of NCPCR ought to be an individual of greatness who has done extraordinary work on advancing youngster rights.
- The Commission’s Mandate is to guarantee that all Laws, Policies, Programs, and Administrative Mechanisms are in consonance with the Child Rights point of view as revered in the Constitution of India and furthermore the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Do you know?
- The Child is characterized as an individual in the 0 to 18 years age gathering.
DOING BUSINESS REPORT 2020
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains III –Economy
- The World Bank discharged its most recent Doing Business Report (DBR, 2020).
- India positions at 63rd among 190 nations, moved 14 spots from the earlier year (77th position in 2018).
- The DBR positions nations based on Distance to Frontier (DTF), a score that shows the hole of an economy to the worldwide best practice. This year, India’s DTF score improved to 71.0 from 67.23 in the earlier year.
- The report survey improvement in simplicity of working together conditions in Delhi and Mumbai.
- Over the most recent 5 years, India’s positioning has improved 79 spots – to 63 out of 2019 from 142 out of 2014.
- Critical enhancements have been enlisted in ‘Settling Insolvency’, ‘Managing Construction Permits’, ‘Enrolling Property’, ‘Exchanging over Boards’ and ‘Paying Taxes’ pointers
- The recuperation rate under settling indebtedness has improved fundamentally from 26.5% to 71.6%.
- The time taken for settling indebtedness has additionally descended essentially from 4.3 years to 1.6 years.
- India keeps on keeping up its first situation among South Asian nations. It was sixth in 2014.
Jailed Uighur intellectual wins EU rights award
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II – Human rights
- The European Parliament has granted the Sakharov Prize for human rights to Uighur scholarly Ilham Tohti, who has been condemned to life detainment in China for “dissidence”.
- The blunt previous Professor of financial matters at a Beijing college was condemned in 2014.
- By granting this prize, European Parliament emphatically ask the Chinese government to discharge Tohti and requires the regard of minority rights in China
Who are Uighurs?
- The Uighurs are a minority Turkic ethnic gathering beginning from and socially associated with the general locale of Central and East Asia.
- The Uighurs have been perceived as local to just a single district, the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China
2 out of 3 wild poliovirus strains have been eradicated
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains III – Health
- In a declaration by the World Health Organization (WHO) on World Polio Day (October 24), an autonomous commission of specialists pronounced that wild poliovirus type 3 (WPV3) has been annihilated around the world.
- This follows the destruction of smallpox and wild poliovirus type 2.
- Endeavors are being taken to kill the wild poliovirus type 1. This infection stays available for use in only two nations, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- There are three individual and immunologically unmistakable wild poliovirus strains: wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1), wild poliovirus type 2 (WPV2) and wild poliovirus type 3 (WPV3).
- Symptomatically, every one of the three strains are indistinguishable, in that they cause irreversible loss of motion or even demise.
- Yet, there are hereditary and virological contrasts, which make these three strains three separate infections that should each be annihilated independently.
- There is no remedy for polio, it must be forestalled. Polio antibody, given on different occasions, can secure a youngster forever.
- Two polio immunizations are utilized all through the world to give invulnerability to poliovirus. One uses inactivated (dead) poliovirus and different uses constricted (debilitated) poliovirus.
TOPIC: General Studies 3:
- Indian Economy and issues identifying with arranging, preparation of assets, development, improvement, and work
World Bank’s simplicity of working together positioning (India 63rd Rank)
- India climbed 14 spots to the 63rd situation on the World Bank’s simplicity of working together positioning
- India is among the main 10 entertainers on the rundown for the third time in succession
- New Zealand, Singapore, and Hong Kong bested
- World Bank acclaimed the change endeavors embraced by India in its report
- India is the primary nation of its sort to bounce this year by 14 positions.
Journey from 140 to 63:
- In 2014 India was at 140th.
- 100th position in 2018
- 77th position in 2019
- 63rd now
Arrangements that aided :
- ‘Make in India’ crusade concentrated on drawing in remote speculation, boosting the private division (producing specifically) and expanding the nation’s general intensity
- In 2015, the administration’s objective was to join the 50 top Rank in the simplicity of working together positioning by 2020.
- effective execution of the Insolvency And Bankruptcy Code(Before the usage of the change, it was extremely difficult for tied down lenders to hold onto organizations in default of their advances)
- Upgrades were enlisted in beginning business(start-up India conspire), managing development allows and exchanging crosswise over outskirts.
- Govt made beginning a business simpler by canceling recording expenses for the SPICe (Simplified Proforma for Incorporating a Company Electronically) organization fuse structure, electronic notice of affiliation, and articles of affiliation
- Exchanging crosswise over outskirts made simpler by empowering post freedom reviews, incorporating exchange partners a solitary electronic stage, redesigning port frameworks, and improving the electronic accommodation of reports.
Simplicity of working together report:
The report was presented in 2003 by the world bank to give an evaluation of target proportions of business guidelines and their requirement crosswise over 190 economies on ten parameters influencing a business through its life cycle
- Beginning a business
- Managing development grants
- Getting power
- Enrolling property
- Getting credit
- Ensuring financial specialists
- Covering charges
- Exchanging crosswise over outskirts
- Upholding contracts
- Settling bankruptcy
- To begin with, the Doing Business markers give a depiction of a nation’s formality; they have no demand for giving a complete image of the venture atmosphere. As the World Bank clarifies, the markers are not intended to remark on macroeconomic pointers or possibilities for development.
- Second, there exists a wide difference between law and true substances in many economies. What firms really experience “on the ground” is maybe increasingly significant, yet there are constraints to our capacity to gauge and translate those encounters without predisposition.
The Way Ahead:
- While we can genuinely be pleased with the degree of India’s full-scale strategy changes, it is time we began to concentrate on the miniaturized scale arrangements of implementation. Top-down large scale changes must be powerful on the off chance that they are twinned with base up small scale changes. Except if the everyday experience of working together improves, we will keep on failing to meet expectations comparative with our actual potential.
- To verify changes in the rest of the zones will require new laws and online frameworks as well as developing the continuous interest in the limit of states and their foundations to execute change and change the structure of impetuses and guideline confronting the private part. India’s emphasis on ‘working together’s at the state level likely could be the stage that supports the nation’s change direction for what’s to come
- The Ease of working together rankings along these lines, ought not to be viewed as a definitive marker of the decision gathering’s change achievement. Moreover, speculators who are thinking about the possibilities for interest in India ought to perceive what the rankings do and don’t let us know.
- While India has gained huge ground in different classes, it is the profundity of these changes which should be worked in the following scarcely any years to raise India into the Top 50 positioning.
Connecting the dots:
- The adjustment in Ease of working together positioning is completely recognized by the development of Foreign Direct Investment into India. Analyze.
TOPIC: General Studies 2:
- India and its neighborhood-relations.
- Two-sided, provincial and worldwide groupings and understandings including India as well as influencing India’s inclinations
- Impact of strategies and legislative issues of created and creating nations on India’s inclinations, Indian Diaspora.
Operationalization of the Kartarpur Corridor
- India and Pakistan consented to the arrangement on the Kartarpur hallway.
- The understanding identifies with the modalities for the operationalization of the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor at Zero Point, International Boundary, Dera Baba Nanak.
- Indian pioneers everything being equal and people of Indian cause can utilize the hall and the movement will be Visa Free
- Travelers need to convey just a substantial identification and the Corridor is open from first light to sunset
- Pioneers going toward the beginning of the day should return around the same time.
- At present travelers from India need to take transport to Lahore to get to Kartarpur, which is a 125 km venture in spite of the fact that individuals on the Indian side of the fringe can physically observe Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur on the Pakistani side.
- A raised stage has likewise been developed for the equivalent on the Indian side, where individuals use binoculars to get a decent view
- Under the understanding, Pakistan will charge an ostensible USD 20 from each Indian Sikh traveler for a solitary outing
- India keeps on asking this issue with the Government of Pakistan to reevaluate its emphasis on demanding the expense.
- Indian travelers who enter Pakistan through the Kartarpur passageway won’t be permitted to visit different gurdwaras in the Punjab area of that nation. They would need to go by means of the ordinary course, subsequent to applying for a visa and paying the imperative charges.
- Worries about the pioneers being presented to the purposeful publicity of expert Khalistan components.
- Pakistan has spent about Rs 1,000 crore on the Kartarpur hall foundation. It would give langar to the explorers who visit Gurdwara Darbar Sahib.
- It would likewise be giving e-rickshaws to ship the explorers from Dera Baba Nanak on the Indian side.
- The charge has set off a political debate inside India, and Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh has considered the expense a “Jazia” charge on travelers.
Gurdwara in Kartarpur
- The gurdwara in Kartarpur is situated on the bank of stream Ravi in Pakistan
- It is around four km from the Dera Baba Nanak place of worship, and around 120 km upper east of Lahore
- It was here that Guru Nanak amassed a Sikh people group and lived for a long time until his passing in 1539
- The hallowed place is unmistakable from the Indian side, as Pakistani specialists by and large trim the elephant grass that would some way or another hinder the view
- Indian Sikhs accumulate in huge numbers for darshan from the Indian side, and binoculars are introduced at Gurdwara Dera Baba Nanak
- The gurdwara was opened to travelers after fixes and reclamation in 1999, and Sikh Jathas have been visiting the sanctuary normally from that point onward
- Sikh Jathas from India travel to Pakistan on four events consistently for Baishakhi, the suffering day of Guru Arjan Dev, the demise commemoration of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and the birthday of Guru Nanak Dev.
- First proposed in 1999 by the leaders of India and Pakistan, Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Nawaz Sharif, individually, as a component of the Delhi–Lahore Bus strategy
- Actualized as a coordinated advancement venture with the Government of India subsidizing.
- The improvement comes in front of the 550th Prakash Purab or 550th birth commemoration of Guru Nanak in 2019.
- Up to this point, most Indian enthusiasts have needed to fight with a darshan utilizing binoculars introduced at Dera Baba Nanak Sahib.
- This can be viewed as a major improvement since regardless of the India-Pakistan halt in talks, the two India and Pakistan have had the option to frame an agreement on the issue.
- India must work to verify its fringe from the risk even as it paves the way for a great many explorers to make a trip to Pakistan.
- National security must get need
- there must be an exertion by all partners in India — the Center, the State government and the initiative of the BJP, the Akalis and the Congress — to oppose scoring political focuses against each other.
- Modalities and specialized issues, for example, on the numbers, qualification and character verification required for the excursion to Kartarpur Sahib, ought to be resolved by the two governments.
- India must haggle with the Government of Pakistan to rethink its emphasis on collecting the expense.
- It will be awful if Pakistan utilizes the Kartarpur Corridor to angle in upset waters and cause unsteadiness for its political closures
Connecting the dots:
- Security concerns are high-need, however blocking work on the hall isn’t right. Justify.
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
- Featured Comments and comments Up-voted by whataftercollege are the “correct answers”.
Q.1)Uighur problem sometimes seen in the news is predominantly related to which of the following country?
Q.2)Consider the following statements
- Wild poliovirus type 2 and type 3 has been eliminated worldwide
- Wild Polio Virus Type 1 virus remains in circulation in just two countries, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- There is no cure for polio, it can only be prevented.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
- 1 and 2
- 1 and 3
- 2 and 3
- 1, 2 and 3
Q.3)Consider the following statements with reference to the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)
- It is a statutory body established under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
- It defines a child as a person in the 0 to 18 years age group.
- The commission works under the administrative control of the Ministry of Women & Child Development.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
- 1 and 2
- 1 and 3
- 2 and 3
- 1, 2 and 3
Q.4)Consider the following statements about Doing Business report (DBR)
- It is released by International Monetary Fund
- The DBR ranks countries on the basis of Distance to Frontier (DTF), a score that shows the gap of an economy to the global best practice.
- The report assesses improvement in ease of doing business environment in all Capital cities of the States of India.
Which of the statements given above are incorrect?
- 1 and 2
- 1 and 3
- 2 and 3
- 1, 2 and 3