MAT Exam Tips
MAT Exam Day Tips
If you have applied for the MAT exam, you should adhere to the exam day tips to crack the test with high score. On the day before the MAT exam, you should get ready for the MAT exam day for the exam and follow the stepwise expert tips:
- MAT Question Paper: First thing to Know
MAT will have 200 MCQ type questions divided into 5 sections. Each of the 5 sections in the MAT question paper will have 40 questions in MCQ format to be solved in 150 minutes. Individual time limit for each section has been suggested by AIMA although candidates can move from one section to other in the MAT exam.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Suggested Time to solve (In Minutes)|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
- How to answer the MAT question?
Take the following 3 steps to answer your MAT question:
- You have to choose the correct answer option out of the multiple choices given below the question
- Mark the correct answer option on the answer sheet
- Darken the correct oval in the correct row on the OMR sheet
Please note that time duration to complete the MAT exam as per the MAT pattern is 2 hours 30 minutes. Each correct answer is awarded +1 Mark and Each wrong answer is penalized with -0.25 negative mark
- Documents you need for Exam Day
Keep Ready 3 things to carry on MAT exam day – MAT Admit card, one original ID proof and one black/blue ballpoint pen
- Download MAT Admit Card & Take Print
Do not leave it for last minute, download your MAT Admit card and take a print. Verify your personal details, MAT Test Centre details, Test time and Reporting Time as mentioned in your MAT Admit Card. Take 2 Prints of MAT Admit Card and read the instructions on it
- No Photo Required on Admit Card
You do not need to paste any photo on MAT Admit Card. Your scanned image appearing on MAT card is sufficient proof of your image.
- Carry Original ID Proof
You need one original photo identity proof like Aadhar Card, Voter Id, Driving Licence among others as mentioned on MAT Admit Card. It has to be carried to the MAT exam centre for verification along with the hard copy of MAT Admit Card.
- Keep Black or Blue Ballpoint pen
The pen should be of smooth writing type as you will need to fill up the ovals on OMR sheet quickly. A hard writing pen can tear or make a hole in OMR sheet while shading the oval.
- Last Minute Preparation: Don’t Start Anything New
Practice with Mock and Analyse your Mistakes but don’t start anything new. Quickly Revisit and Revise key topics. Try to download Blank OMR sheets for practice the filling up of answer options.
- Do’s: A day before
Gather all the things you need to carry to MAT Test Centre. Visit the MAT test centre a day in advance to understand how much time it will take to reach the venue from your place of stay. It will keep you relieved and comfortable on MAT Exam day
- Adhere to Reporting Time on Exam Day
Reporting time is one and a half-hour before the commencement of MAT exam. However, you should arrive at MAT Exam Centre at least an hour before – by 8.30 AM for PBT MAT exam for security check and verification with your Admit card Photo ID Proof and Ball Point Pen
- Collect Lower Part of Admit Card after Exam
Ensure that the lower part of your Admit Card is returned by the invigilator after putting his/her signature with date of test and stamp on it. You will need it in the final selection round and while applying for MBA admission in the management institute.
How to Attempt the Exam: Key Tips
Manage Time during the exam
- Don’t bother about GK Section, Concentrate on other scoring sections counted for merit calculation
- Ensure Speed with Accuracy during the exam. 200 questions are to be solved in 150 minutes
- Maximise your attempts with a wise choice of questions
- You need to score high if you wish to get admission in MBA programme in a good MBA college. To avoid making mistakes in choosing the questions, correct answer options and in shading the correct ovals on OMR sheet. Sometimes in your hurry, you make very small mistakes which cost you dearly.
- It will be good to go for last-minute practice on dummy OMR sheet to avoid any mistake in darkening the right oval in the right answer row.
Each question carries a maximum 1 raw mark and after scaling your MAT raw score goes up many times. This score is converted to the highest composite score of 800. Roughly it means that your 1 question will carry 5 marks in your final composite score. Accordingly, 160 marks are converted to 800 marks. On the basis of this score, you will get your percentile.
Scoring the top score of 800 in Management Aptitude Test (MAT) may not be very difficult if you follow what the earlier MAT toppers advise you to do and make sure that you meticulously prepare the strategy to crack it. MAT scoring pattern is different from other MBA entrance exams. There are 160 questions divided into 4 sections scores of which are taken into account to calculate your percentile in MAT exam.
The MAT exam offers you more admission options. There are more than 300 MBA colleges in almost all the prominent cities that will accept MAT exam scores for MBA admission.