How to Register for NMAT 2019?
Step by Step NMAT Registration process 2019 is detailed below. You can register and apply for NMAT 2019 in 2 Steps
- Step:1 Finalise your NMAT Registration 2019 and Schedule your NMAT exam. You must Register for the NMAT by GMAC on official website
- Step:2 After finalizing the NMAT 2019 Registration , go to the website of each MBA college accepting NMAT score and complete its application process
Step by Step NMAT Registration Process
After creating the NMAT by GMAC account as a new user by filling up your name, e-mail ID and mobile number, the candidate will receive their user ID and Password on their mail separately. They need to login to complete their NMAT application form as an existing user. There are 7 pages in NMAT 2019 registration and application form. They need to complete them carefully one by one.
Step-1: Fill up Your Personal Information
On the very first page, candidates need to fill up their identity information like their name, date of birth, age, gender, category, native language. They have to upload their photos of the required size on this page. The details about their parents and identity proof are also to be entered on this page
Step-2: Fill Up Your Contact Details
On the second page of NMAT Application form 2019, they are required to enter the contact details like Mobile number, Email ID, Address for communication
Step-3: Fill up Your Academics & Work Experience
Here candidates need to enter their highest qualification and their work experience that they have acquired after graduation
Step-4: Fill Up MBA College Preference
On this page, the candidate can select 5 MBA/PGDM programmes/B-schools where their NMAT 2019 scores will sent free of cost. Out of the available 49 choices, candidates need to choose 5 most preferred programmes/B-schools. The B-schools can be selected not only from India but also from the given list of B-schools in South Africa, Philippines and Nigeria
Step-5: Fill up Additional Information
The candidate needs to fill in additional information on this page. The information is related to their source of information about NMAT exam, which other MBA entrance exams they are planning to take, how do they propose to fund your MBA course, whether they are helping others to prepare for MBA entrance exam.
Step-6: Agree on Declaration Form
This is the declaration form stating that whatever information the candidate has provided on all the pages is correct and they also agree to abide by the NMAT by GMAC terms. Unless they click on ‘I Agree’, their form remains incomplete. After completing this page, they should review the complete NMAT registration and application form, click on save & next and continue on the next page.
Step-7: Make Payment of Application Fee – Rs.2360/- (Including GST)
The candidate needs to click on submit and make payment of application fee of Rs.2000/- + Rs.360/- towards taxes online. Online Payment should be made through Visa or MasterCard Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking/American Express Card/ Diners Card, IMPS, UPI and Mobile Wallets. They need to follow the instructions on the website after choosing the card option.
NMAT Registration: 2 Most Important Points
- You must register and pay for the NMAT by GMAC exam before scheduling a test date and location
- Eligibility for NMAT Registration may not be the eligibility for MBA college. So the candidates are required to visit respective university/college/school website for details of their admission procedure
NMAT 2019 is a national level computer based MBA entrance test leading to MBA admission 2020 in top MBA colleges like NMIMS Mumbai, SPJIMR Mumbai (PGMPW), ISB (Certificate programme), VIT Vellore, XIM Bhubaneswar and many other MBA colleges in India. Conducted by GMAC, the NMAT 2019 dates for NMAT registration are scheduled from July to October, while the NMAT 2019 exam dates are scheduled from October 4 to December 17, 2019. Similar to last year pattern, NMAT exam will be held in a 75 days test window this year also.
NMAT 2019 Registration Dates
NMAT Registration 2019 dates and NMAT application process starts on July 2, 2019. The NMAT registration last date is October 3, 2019 without late fee payment and the NMAT exam fees is Rs.2000/-.
Given below are the NMAT Registration 2019 dates for various services. Although NMAT registration remains open for three months, it is suggested that candidates should complete NMAT registration process in the very first month of the opening of NMAT by GMAC Registration and should Schedule their exam date:
NMAT Registration 2019: Salient features Before finalizing the NMAT registration and selecting the 5 preferred programs of MBA colleges accepting NMAT, it is suggested that the candidate should visit respective university/college/school websites for details of their admission procedure as they have to submit their respective form separately.
NMAT Registration dates remain open from July 2 to October 3, 2019. To register for NMAT 2019, you should keep following in mind:
- Keep your Computer ready: For NMAT 2019 Registration, your computer system should be equipped with Internet Explorer v.6.0 and above or Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Gather your documents: The candidate will need to enter all their personal details, academic qualifications upload photo and signature of the required size and will have to make payment of NMAT 2019 exam fee online. So keeping all their documents and instruments of payment ready before the NMAT by GMAC Registration date is advised.
- Read instructions: Before moving on for NMAT Registration Date 2019 and scheduling the exam date, candidate should read and follow the instructions for the registration process to avoid any waste of time and money.
- 15 minutes NMAT Registration process: Once candidates begin the NMAT registration process by entering their personal details, it will take hardly 15 minutes to complete the registration form 2019. They will receive a confirmation mail on the successful submission of the NMAT Registration 2019 form after they make payment of the NMAT registration fee.
- No change allowed after Submission: Please note that candidates will not be able to change the details in the NMAT registration form once they successfully submit it. So be careful while entering the details in the registration form.
- Register Early: It will be better to complete NMAT registration and schedule the 2019 exam date to avoid non-availability of selected test centre on the preferred NMAT by GMAC exam date as the test center is allotted on the first come first serve basis.
When to Complete NMAT Registration: Advisory
- NMAT 2019 registration last date is October 3. It is advisable not to wait for NMAT registration last date and complete their NMAT by GMAC 2019 Registration much before the NMAT last date
- It is, therefore, better to register for NMAT 2019 before the NMAT registration last date without late fee as it also offers the opportunity for a retake of the NMAT exam by paying nominal NMAT fee if candidates wish to improve their score
- To register for NMAT 2019 candidates should complete NMAT by GMAC 2019 registration online only at the NMAT exam official website and should ensure that the process is done before the NMAT registration last date
- Choose the best date based on NMAT preparation to complete the NMAT 2019 registration process. NMAT Registration process not only allows them to register and apply for NMAT by GMAC but also gives the facility to self-schedule their exam date also.
NMAT exam pattern is similar to other leading national level MBA entrance exams like CAT and XAT. NMAT by GMAC 2019 exam pattern is to remain as per past 3 years trends. Accordingly, the NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern 2019 as announced by GMAC will be a computer based test with MCQ question types.
There are 3 sections in NMAT 2019 exam pattern. The sections are Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. The NMAT Exam Pattern also prescribes that all the three sections in NMAT exam are individually timed. Besides there is no negative marking in NMAT by GMAC 2019 exam pattern.
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern 2019: Sectional composition
NMAT paper pattern has three sections. The number of questions in each section of NMAT paper pattern are different. Besides, the NMAT paper pattern expects you to attempt the sectional questions within the allotted time limit. Below are shared the key components, number of questions and allotted time in NMAT pattern 2019:
NMAT Exam Pattern 2019: Salient Points
- Online CBT: NMAT 2019 exam pattern is online computer based test
- MCQ format: All the questions in NMAT 2019 exam pattern are of Multiple Choice type (MCQs).
- 120 questions: NMAT exam pattern 2019 as revealed so far and in the past notification also consists of 120 questions divided in 3 sections
- NMAT 2019 Time Duration: The total time allotted in NMAT exam pattern 2019 is 120 minutes (2 hours) to attempt the complete test
- Choice of order of sections: One of the unique features in NMAT 2019 exam pattern is that Test taker can choose order of sections. However, NMAT pattern strictly expects you to follow the same order once the order of the sections is selected.
- Individually timed sections: In the revised NMAT exam pattern 2019, each of the three sections in current NMAT pattern is individually timed and the candidates have to attempt the questions in the respective section within the allotted sectional time limit.
- No negative marking: The NMAT 2019 exam pattern is without any penalty of negative marking. So, instead of skipping a question in the question paper, you can use your calculated guess and mark the answer without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer as there is no negative marking.
- Moderate difficulty exam: The difficulty level is not so high in NMAT exam pattern 2019 as that of IIMs-CAT and XLRI-XAT exams
- Uniform Marking scheme: Another important feature of NMAT exam pattern 2019 is uniform marking system. Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark and there is zero marking for un-attempted question
- Facility to review answers: As per the NMAT Exam pattern, the NMAT Test takers must review answers of each section within the allotted time before moving to another section of the exam, as once the candidate closes out of a section, he/she may not come back to the section
- 3 Attempts allowed: This is the biggest benefit of NMAT exam pattern. You can take the NMAT by GMAC three times in a given admissions cycle. This gives you the opportunity to improve your score
- Choice of Self-scheduling NMAT by GMAC: One of the few national exams which offer you the liberty to choose your test appointment date, time and test center location, the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern 2019 offers you all these facilities.
Check the NMAT eligibility criteria 2019 given below:
Age limit: No age bar to attempt NMAT 2019.
Educational Qualification: Candidates must be graduates in any stream from a recognized university.
Minimum marks: The bachelor’s degree holders must have scored at least 50% overall.
Work experience: Candidates having 2-3 years of experience will have an edge over others.
Provisional admission: Candidates who have already given their exam of the last year in graduation and have their results awaiting can also apply.
Maximum number of attempts: At the most, three attempts will be allowed to the candidate in order to perform his/ her best. The best out of three scores will be considered for admission. It should be kept in mind that the maximum three attempts include ‘no shows’ as well.
Apart from the eligibility requirements of NMAT, candidates must also ensure they pay the application fee before the deadline as well as submit all the valid and correct documents.
nmat examination fees
Candidates can check the amount of fees for various facilities tabularized below. Payment of fees can be carried out via Visa/ Master Card/ American Express/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Diners Club/ Mobile Wallets.
Early registration fee
INR 2000 + applicable taxes
Late registration fee
INR 2500 + applicable taxes
INR 2000 + applicable taxes
INR 1100 + applicable taxes
Fee for acquiring additional score reports (beyond first five)
INR 200 per Score Report + applicable taxes
How to Pay NMAT 2019 Registration Fee
The mode of NMAT registration fee payment is online. Following are the online instruments to make payment of NMAT Registration Fee 2019:
- American Express
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Diners Club
- Mobile Wallets
NMAT 2019 Fee for Rescheduling NMAT Exam Date
If you wish to reschedule NMAT exam date, you must pay with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) only.