RBI Grade B
application process - rbi grade b
RBI Grade B Application Form has been made available from September 21, 2019. Candidates can fill the application form in online mode only at the official website – rbi.gov.in. The last day to register for RBI Grade B exam is October 11, 2019.
- Candidates must check RBI Grade B eligibility criteria, mentioned below in the article, before applying for the exam.
- Candidates have to register online, fill the form, upload scanned documents and pay registration fees.
- RBI Grade B Registration fees are INR 850 for general/ OBC/ EWS category and INR 100 for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
- Successfully registered candidates will be issued RBI Grade B Admit Card for the Examination.
RBI Grade B 2019 Registration Highlights
Important points about RBI Grade B 2019 Application are given below:
|Conducting Authority||Reserve Bank of India|
|Exam Category||National Level Recruitment Exam|
|Posts||Grade B officer: General/ DEPR/ DSIM|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online|
|Application Fees||General/ OBC/ EWS: INR 850, SC/ ST/ PwD: INR 100|
RBI Grade B 2019 Registration Dates
RBI has announced exam schedule along with registration dates and deadlines:
|Release of RBI Grade B 2019 Notification||September 20, 2019|
|RBI Grade B 2019 Registration Began on||September 21, 2019|
|Last day to submit RBI Grade B Application Form||October 11, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Preliminary exam date||November 9, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Main exam date||December 1- 2, 2019|
RBI Grade B 2019 Eligibility Criteria
RBI has prescribed eligibility criteria for candidates to be eligible to apply for Grade B examination. These conditions are pertaining to the nationality, age limit, educational qualification and number of attempts.
RBI Grade B Nationality
- Citizen of India OR
- Subject of Nepal OR
- Subject of Bhutan OR
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India OR
- Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
RBI Grade B Age Limit
- Minimum age limit: 21 years (he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd September 1989)
- Maximum age limit for General: 30 years (he/she must have been born not later than 1st September 1998)
- Maximum age limit for M.Phil. qualification: 32 years
- Maximum age limit for Ph.D. qualification: 34 years
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit as per their category is given in the table below:
|PwD (General)||10 Years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service provided by them to Armed Forces+ 3 years additional (Up to 50 Years)|
|Divorced women/ Widows/ Women judicially separated and not re-married||10 Years|
|Jammu and Kashmir residents in the period January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989||5 Years|
|Candidates, holding working experience of RBI||Years of Experience (Maximum 3 years)|
RBI Grade B Educational Qualification Requirements
The educational qualifications for various posts as prescribed by the Board for RBI Grade B Examination 2019 are tabulated below:
|Post||Minimum Educational Qualifications|
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)
At least 60% marks in aggregate for all semester/ years (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations from recognized University and Boards respectively.
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR||
A Master’s Degree in Economics/ Econometrics/ Quantitative Economics/ Mathematical Economics/ Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade. SC/ST/PWD candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5%
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM||
Essential: A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Statistics & Informatics/ Econometrics from IIT-Kharagpur or Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/ years or an equivalent grade OR
Master’s Degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years and 1-year PG Diploma in Statistics or related subjects from reputed institute OR
M. Stat. from Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years OR
PG Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years or equivalent grade.
Note:For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master’s Degree above is 50% in aggregate of all semesters/ years or an equivalent grade.
RBI Grade B Number of Attempts
- The maximum number of attempts for General Category is six times for Phase-I Examination.
- No restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, if the posts are reserved for them.
How to fill RBI Grade B Application Form?
RBI Grade B 2019 Application Form is available at the official website of the bank – rbi.org.in from September 21 – October 11, 2019. Candidates need to follow the below given steps to fill the form:
- Step 1: Online Registration
- Step 2: Filling RBI Grade B Application Form
- Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Step 4: Application Fee Payment
The steps to be followed are briefed in the sections below.
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official website – rbi.org.in.
- Click on the link for RBI Grade B 2019 Application.
- Candidates have to click on ‘Click Here for new registration’ if he/she has not registered already.
- Those who registered already and got their provisional ID and password can skip the above step.
- The candidate will be redirected to a new window for registration. Here enter basic information like name, category, date of birth, email ID, contact number, academic details etc.
- Upon successful registration, a provisional id and password will be generated and displayed in the web page.
- Note down the registration number and the password displayed on the screen. This will be needed for filling up of the RBI Grade B Application form.
Step 2: Filling RBI Grade B Application Form
- Candidates have to fill all the personal, educational, work experience details, along with the choice of paper, position applied and exam center city.
- There will be no scope to correct the details in the form later hence fill the details very carefully.
- Once filled and reviewed, click on the ‘Save and Next’ button.
Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Applicants have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature, left thumb impression and a hand written declaration in the application form.
- The images should be uploaded as per the required dimension.
- An error message will be displayed if upload didn’t occur properly.
|Photograph||20 – 50 KBs||200 X 230||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature||10 – 20 KBS||140 X 60||JPEG/JPG|
|Left Thumb Impression||10 – 20 KBS||140 X 60||JPEG/JPG|
|Hand Written Declaration||20 – 50 KBs||140 X 60||JPEG/JPG|
Guidelines for Photograph
- Upload your recent passport size photograph, clicked against a light-colored/white background.
- Ensure there is no “red-eye” on the photograph.
- If the applicant wears glasses normally, ensure that there is no reflection or glare on the glass and eyes are clearly visible.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable.
- Religious head wear is allowed but it must not cover the face of applicant.
Guidelines for Signature, Left Thumb Impression and Hand Written Declaration
- Sign with a black pen on a white paper in running hand writing and not in Block Letters.
- The applicant has to put his left hand thumb impression on a white paper with a black or blue ink.
- A declaration has to be hand written in English only by the candidate on a white paper with a black pen.
- The text for the declaration is as follows “I,__ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Signature obtained on the admission letter and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match with the uploaded signature.
Step 4: Application Fee Payment
- The final step in filling RBI Grade B Application Form is to make fee payment and saving the e-reciept and application form copy.
- The application fees can be paid in online mode only through debit/ credit card/ Netbanking/ IMPS/ cash cards and mobile wallets.
- An e-receipt will be generated after successful payment of fees which should be saved by the candidate along with the application form.
- In case of failed transaction, candidates have to restart the fee payment process.
RBI Grade B Application Fee
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Intimation Charges only||INR 100/-|
|GEN/ OBC/ EWS||Application fee including Intimation Charges||INR 850/-|
Pre-Exam Training for SC/ST/OBC/PwD Candidates
RBI organises a free of cost pre-examination training for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD candidates only for the post of Officers in Gr B (DR)-General Only.
- It is a combined pre-examination training for prelims and main exam of RBI Grade B Exam.
- It is conducted at some of the centers where the bank has its offices.
- Candidates can apply for this training during RBI Grade B Registration itself.
exam pattern - rbi grade b
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Pattern is decided by exam authority of Reserve Bank of India. The exam is conducted in three phases – Preliminary exam, Main exam and Interview round. RBI Grade B Prelims will be conducted on November 9 while Main exam will be held on December 1 and 2, 2019.
Latest: RBI Grade B 2019 Application Forms are available from September 21 – October 11, 2019.
- In Phase 1, prelims exam, Multiple choice questions are asked from General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning subjects.
- RBI Grade B Main exam has three separate papers on Economic and Social Issues, English Language and Finance and Management.
- Candidates qualifying Phase I and Phase II will have to face interview round carrying 50 marks.
- Final Merit List will be formulated based on the marks of Main exam and interview.
- Duration will vary for both the exams. Negative marking is applicable for both the papers of RBI Grade B.
Read the article to know RBI Grade B exam pattern details such as number of questions, mode of examination, total marks, number of sections, marking scheme, syllabus etc.
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
The following table highlights some of the important aspects of RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2019:
|Number of Phases||3 – Preliminary, Main exam and Interview|
|Number of Sections||
Phase I – 4 sections (General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning)
Phase II – 3 sections (Economic and Social Issues, English, Finance and Management)
Phase III – Interview Round
|Question Paper Type||
Phase I – Objective
Phase II – Objective and Subjective
Phase I – 200 Marks
Phase II – 300 Marks
Phase III (Interview) – 50 Marks
Phase I – 2 Hours
Phase II – 1.5 Hours (Each Paper)
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Pattern
- RBI Grade B will be conducted in online mode that is computer based test.
- Except English language section, the paper will be set bilingually in English and Hindi.
- RBI Grade B exam pattern and difficulty level vary for Prelims and Main exam as shown below:
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern for Prelims Exam
RBI Grade B Prelims exam will have 200 multiple choice questions of 200 marks with a total time constraint of 120 minutes. Exact number of questions and duration for each section is not specified but there will be specific sectional duration. An information bulletin will be released along with RBI Grade B Admission Letter which will specify the sectional duration. Also, candidates need to clear sectional cutoff as well as overall cutoff to qualify for main exam.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks||120 minutes|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern for Main Exam
There are three separate papers in RBI Grade B Main exam. It will be held in multiple shifts, candidates will have to appear in all shifts and separate admission letter will be issued for each shift. The English paper is a descriptive test whereas Economics and Social Issues and Finance and Management papers will be objective in nature.
|Paper||Type of Paper||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Economics and Social Issues||Objective||100||90 minutes|
|English (Writing skills)||Descriptive||100||90 minutes|
|Finance and Management||Objective||100||90 minutes|
|Total||3 Papers||300 Marks||4 hours 30 minutes|
RBI Grade B Interview (Phase-III)
- Based on the aggregate score obtained in Main exam (Paper-I +Paper-II +Paper-III), candidates will be invited for the interview round.
- RBI will decide the minimum cutoff which must be cleared by candidates in order to be shortlisted for the Interview round.
- RBI will publish the result in PDF format containing the roll number of candidates shortlisted for the interview.
- Candidates will receive interview call letters on their registered email ID.
- RBI Grade B Interview round will of 50 marks.
- Candidate can choose the medium for interview amongst Hindi or English languages.
- Final Selection will be based on candidate’s performance in Main examination and interview.
RBI Grade B Marking Scheme
- The exam follows a uniform marking scheme for whole test.
- For every correct answer, you will be awarded 1 mark
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
- For any Unattempted questions, no marks will be deducted.
Check How is RBI Grade B Scored?
RBI Grade B 2019 Syllabus
RBI Grade B 2019 Syllabus is based on the graduation curriculum. Candidates can check the important topics in the tables below from each subject included in Phase I and II.
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Prelims
|English||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||General Awareness|
|Grammar||Mensuration||Puzzles||Banking & Financial Awareness|
|Vocabulary||Time and Work||Seating Arrangement||Monetary Policies|
|Error Spotting||Average, Ratio, Percentages||Directions and Distance||Economic Terms|
|Comprehension||Speed, Distance and Time||Data Sufficiency||Current Affairs|
|Passage Making||Mixture and Allegations||Blood Relations||Financial & Economics News|
|Jumble Words||Permutation and Combination||Syllogism||Static GK|
|Fill in the Blanks||Data Interpretation||Coding Decoding||Government Schemes, Agreement & Deals|
|Sentence Framing||Probability||Inequality||Banking terms, rates, processes|
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Main Exam
Paper-I: Economic and Social Issues
- Growth and Development, Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
- Economic Reforms in India, Industrial and Labour Policy, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Privatization, Role of Economic Planning.
- Globalization, Opening up of the Indian Economy, Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy
- International Economic Institutions, IMF and World Bank, WTO, Regional Economic Co-operation.
- Social Structure in India, Multiculturalism, Demographic Trends, Urbanization and Migration, Gender Issues
- Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged, Social Movements
- Indian Political System, Human Development, Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
Paper-II: English (Writing Skills)
The English paper will be designed to test the writing skills of candidates including expression and understanding of the topic. Download RBI Grade B Sample Papers
Paper-III -Finance and Management:
(a) Financial System: Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions, Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
(b) Financial Markets: Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.)- functions, instruments, recent developments.
(c) General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components and trends.
- Nature and scope; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
- The Management Processes- Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling;
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal, Potential appraisal and development, Feedback and Performance Counselling
- Career Planning – Training and Development, Rewards, Employee Welfare.
- Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
Recommended RBI Grade B 2019 Books
Below listed are some useful preparation books for RBI Grade B 2019. These books will go long way in clearing out doubts and consolidating knowledge of core fundamentals in each section.
|Subjects||Name of the book||Author Name|
|Economic and Social Issues||Indian Economy||Uma Kapila|
|Indian Economy||Mishra Puri|
|Growth and Development||Devraj Ray|
|Sociology||C.N. Shankar Rao|
|English||Descriptive General English||S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma|
|Finance & Management||Monetary Theory and Public Policy||Kenneth Kurihara|
|Economic Growth and Development||Mayer and Baldwin|
|Financial Management||Prasanna Chandra|
|Statistics||An Introduction to Numerical Analysis||Atkinson|
|Sampling Techniques||Cochran, William G|
|Fundamental of Applied Statistics||Gupta, SC, VK Kapoor|
|English||Objective English||Edgar Thorpe|
|Objective General English||R.S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Reasoning||Test of Reasoning||Edgar Thorpe|
|A modern approach to verbal & non-verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|How to prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
results - rbi grade b
Reserve Bank of India is responsible for publishing RBI Grade B Result. The result will be released in online mode only. Candidates can check RBI Grade B result from the official website by logging in with their roll number and password.
Latest: Applications are invited for RBI Grade B 2019 exam from September 21 – October 11, 2019.
- RBI releases separate result for Prelims exam, Main exam and Interview round.
- Candidates qualifying in prelims will appear for Main exam, qualifiers of which will have to face interview round.
- RBI Grade B Prelims result will be released in third week of November and Main result will be declared in third week of December, 2019.
- Final allotment result will be out in February, 2020 based on Main exam and interview round.
RBI Grade B 2019 Result Highlights
|RBI Grade B Result will be declared by||Reserve Bank of India|
|Mode of Availability||Online|
|RBI Grade B Result will be declared at||rbi.org.in|
|Credentials required to access result||Roll number and Password|
RBI Grade B 2019 Result Dates
RBI Grade B Examination and result declaration schedule are mentioned below:
|RBI Grade B 2019 Preliminary Exam Date||November 9, 2019|
|Release of RBI Grade B Prelims Result||Third week of November 2019|
|RBI Grade B 2019 Main Exam Date||December 1 and 2, 2019|
|Release of RBI Grade B Main Result||Third week of December 2019|
|RBI Grade B Interview Dates||January 2020|
|RBI Grade B Final Result Declaration||February 2020|
How to check RBI Grade B 2019 Result?
RBI Grade B 2019 Result will be available in online mode only at the official website. Candidates have to follow the given steps to download the result:
- Visit the official website of RBI i.e rbi.org.in
- Open the result page of the website
- Click on the ‘RBI Grade B Result 2019’
- Enter your Application Number and Password
- Your result will be displayed on the screen
- Save and download a copy of it for future reference.
Details on RBI Grade B Scorecard
The RBI Grade B Scorecard contains the details related to the marks obtained by the candidate in the examination. It can be downloaded from the RBI official website. Students are advised to check all the information written on the scorecard. The details on RBI Grade B 2019 scorecard are listed below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Sectional Marks
- Overall Marks
RBI Grade B 2019 Merit List
- RBI Grade B Merit List is prepared by examination conducting authority.
- It will be prepared after the declaration of result.
- Students having the name in the merit list will be called for the final selection round i.e. an interview.
- They will be ranked in the merit list on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the examination.
- Merit list will be available in the form of PDF file. It will contain roll numbers of qualified candidates.
RBI Grade B 2019 Cutoff
- RBI Grade B Cutoff is the minimum marks to be scored by the candidate in order to clear the examination.
- Candidates have to clear not only the overall cutoff but sectional cutoffs as well.
- Candidates clearing prelims cutoff will appear for main exam and interview round upon clearing main cutoff.
- RBI Grade B Cutoff will be affected by factors such as number of applicants, number of vacancies, difficulty of paper and candidates’ performances.
- RBI will release category wise cutoff after the conclusion of each stage. Check RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
- Meanwhile candidates can check previous year cutoff to get an idea about the trend:
RBI Grade B Prelims Cutoff 2018
|Category||General Awareness||Reasoning||English||Quantitative Aptitude||Overall|
RBI Grade B Main and Final Cutoff 2018
|Aggregate Marks in Phase II (Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III) (Out of 300)||201.25||186.25||180.25||180.25||180.25|
|Aggregate Marks in Main exam & Interview (Out of 350)||248.50||235.50||221.25||219.50||
Practice Papers - rbi grade b
eserve Bank Of India conducts RBI Grade B exam to shortlist candidates for the recruitment of DR, DEPR and DSIM in Common Seniority Group.
- The exam has two phases followed by an interview – Phase 1 consists of General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning while Phase 2 comprises of Economic and Social Issues, English and an optional subject. Check Detailed Exam Pattern
- RBI Grade B is not an easy exam, aspirants must prepare hard to outpass the competition by practicing previous years question papers.
- Attempting full fledge mock tests before the exam trains you to give your 100% and finish the paper in time.
Download RBI Grade B 2019 Sample Papers from below links: