There are tons of Software Development tools and selecting the best could be a challenge. Following is a curated list of the 21 top software development tools.
Linx is a low code IDE and server. IT pros use Linx to quickly create custom automated business processes, integrate applications, expose web services and to efficiently handle high workloads.
- Easy-to-use, drag-and-drop interface
- Over 100 pre-built functions and services for rapid development
- One-click deployment to any local or remote Linx Server directly from the IDE
- Input and outputs include nearly any SQL & NoSQL databases, numerous file formats (text and binary) or REST and SOAP Web services
- Live debugging with step-through logic
- Automate backend processes via a timer, directory events or message queue or expose web services, and call APIs via HTTP requests.
Buddy is a smart CI/CD tool for web developers designed to lower the entry threshold to DevOps. It uses delivery pipelines to build, test and deploy software. The pipelines are created with over 100 ready-to-use actions that can be arranged in any way – just like you build a house of bricks.
- 15-minute configuration in clear & telling UI/UX
- Lightning-fast deployments based on changesets
- Builds are run in isolated containers with cached dependencies
- Supports all popular languages, frameworks & task managers
- Dedicated roster of Docker/Kubernetes actions
- Integrates with AWS, Google, DigitalOcean, Azure, Shopify, WordPress & more
- Supports parallelism & YAML configuration
NetBeans is a popular, free, open-source IDE. It allows developing desktop, mobile and web applications.
- Support for fast & smart code editing
- Easy & Efficient Project Management process
- Rapid User Interface Development
- Helps to write bug-free code
- NetBeans IDE offers superior support for C/C++ and PHP developers
- It can be installed on any OS which supports Java, from Windows to Linux to Mac OS X systems
4) Cloud9 IDE:
- Allows to clone entire development environment
- Built-In Terminal for command-line wizard
- Code Completion suggestions help software developers to code faster and avoid typos
- The Debugger helps developers to set breakpoints, and inspect variables of any JS/Node.js app
- Simply drag any file or Terminal to create multiple split views
- Developers can select an extensive set of default Runners to execute the app, such as Ruby, Python, PHP/Apache
5) Zend Studio:
Zend Studio allows software developers to code faster, debug more easily. It is a next-generation PHP IDE designed to create apps for boosting developers’ productivity. It scales according to the DPI settings of the underlying operating system.
- Code faster with up to performance improvements in indexing, validation, searching for PHP code
- Offering debugging capabilities with Xdebug, Zend Debugger, and Z-Ray integration
- Extensive plugin provided by the large Eclipse eco-system
- It supports development tools including Docker and Git Flow
- Deploy PHP applications on any server for Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure