Highlights |IAS Current Affairs 04-07-2019
Current Affairs and News (04-07-2019)- The following article contains all the updated events and new for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- Soon, read Supreme Court judgments in your language
- Improper planning, lack of monitoring defeating aim of green power, says CAG
- NASA tests a launch-abort system for its moon mission
- 27% of children with disabilities have never been to school: UNESCO
- Not by wishful thinking: On $5 Trillion Economy Target
- Healthcare’s primary problem
Importance of Current Affairs in IAS Coaching
Watch Video – IAS Coaching Current Affairs 04-07-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
IAS Coaching Current Affairs 04-07-2019 are followed in the part below:
IAS Current Affairs and News Analysis (04-07-2019)
Soon, read Supreme Court judgments in your language
Part of: Prelims and Mains GS II – Judiciary
- In a novel measure, the Supreme Court will make an interpretation of its decisions into every vernacular language to support people in general and prosecutors over the length and broadness of the nation.
- The application, like Google’s content interpretation, is probably going to be propelled in a solitary stage and covers every vernacular language.
- The venture included not just deciphering the summit court decisions into Hindi and other vernacular dialects yet in addition to give outlines of the pinnacle court’s decisions.
- This will likewise profit prosecutors, who in the wake of battling their cases for a considerable length of time, were left unfit to peruse the decisions in their own cases for the sole explanation that they didn’t know English.
Improper planning, lack of monitoring defeating aim of green power, says CAG
Part of: Prelims and Mains GS III – Infrastructure: Renewable energy
- A review report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on setting up little hydro extends on open private association (PPP) premise said because of inappropriate arranging and deficient checking, the goal of outfitting the green control with the assistance of private part was to a great extent vanquished.
- As indicated by a report against the evaluated introduced limit of 417.85 MW, just 36.85 MW introduced limit was accomplished.
- There was time overwhelmed going from 39 to 53 months in regard to two progressing ventures
The CAG’s recommendations
- The achievability study in regard to recorded activities is finished in a period bound way.
- The legislature may address the issue of less arrival of water to have reasonable terms for PPP ventures.
- There is a need to concentrate on the current issues and work out an answer to take the venture forward or short-close the equivalent if a plausible arrangement is conceivable.
NASA tests a launch-abort system for its moon mission
Part of: Prelims and Mains GS III – Science and Technology; Space
- NASA did a fruitful trial of a dispatch prematurely end framework for the Orion container intended to take U.S. space travelers to the Moon.
- The three-minute exercise at Cape Canaveral in Florida planned to test in practically genuine conditions the departure of space travelers from the container in case of a blast or rocket supporter disappointment.
- In actuality, conditions, parachutes would open to facilitate the kept an eye on container’s fall toward the Atlantic Ocean.
27% of children with disabilities have never been to school: UNESCO
Part of: Prelims and Mains GS II – Services related to Health and Education
As indicated by a report by UNESCO and the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, more than one out of four youngsters with handicaps between ages 5 and 19 in India have never gone to any instructive foundation, while three-fourths of five-year-olds with incapacities are not in school.
Findings of the report
- There are in excess of 78 lakh kids with handicaps in the nation between 5-19 years.
- Just 61% of them were going to an instructive establishment. About 12% had dropped out, while 27% had never been to class.
- The number of youngsters [with disabilities] took a crack at school drops altogether with each progressive degree of tutoring. There are fewer young ladies with inabilities in school than young men.
- Contrasts stay among different kinds of handicaps. Just 20% of youngsters with visual and hearing disabilities had never been in school. Nonetheless, among kids with different incapacities or psychological sickness, that figure rose to over half.
Lacunae in policy
- The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan educator should visit and check understudies looking for locally situated instruction, however they once in a while visit.
- The Right to Education Act commands enrolment, yet not the arrangement of assets required for the genuine training of a youngster with handicaps.
- The administration information on enrolment incorporates locally established instruction, which regularly exists just on paper for youngsters with inabilities.
- Revisions to the RTE Act, 2009 to cause it to line up with the Right of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016 are among the significant suggestions of the report.
- The report prescribes basic, subsidizing and attitudinal changes to guarantee that no youngster is let well enough alone for the privilege to instruction.
TOPIC: General studies 3
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization, of resources, growth, development
Not by wishful thinking: On $5 Trillion Economy Target
- PM in an ongoing NITI ayog meeting has set a monetary objective of $5 trillion by 2024 for the Indian Economy.
- It implies ₹350,00,000 crore of total national output (GDP) at current costs, at ₹70 to a U.S. dollar conversion standard.
- The objective infers a yield development by 84% in five years or at 13% compound yearly development rate.
- The necessary development rate in genuine, or expansion balanced, terms ought to be 9% every year. Over the most recent five years, India authoritatively developed at 7.1% as it were. In this manner, the objective is an aspiring one.
What efforts are required?
- China in its best five years, during 2003-07, developed at 11.7%; South Korea, somewhere in the range of 1983 and 1987, developed at 11%. Similarly, India needs to develop with a twofold digit development rate.
- Over the most recent five years, by and large, the household sparing rate was 30.8% of gross national residential pay (GNDI), and the speculation rate (net capital development to GDP proportion) was 32.5%.
- India should transform into speculation drove the economy as it occurred during the blast a decade ago (2003-08) preceding the monetary emergency, or like China since the 1980s.
- India has a low local investment funds rate. India requires an about 8-9 rate direct lift toward sparing and venture rates.
- So as to quicken its development rate, India would require an expansion in the household sparing rate to near 40% of GDP. This means interest in the economy ought to be founded on residential assets.
- In spite of the fact that FDI can satisfy significant holes in speculation. In any case, it can’t fill in for local assets as has been seen in the Chinese development story.
- The household sparing rate has declined from 31.4% in 2013-14 to 29.6% in 2016-17; and the gross capital development rate from 33.8% to 30.6% during a similar period.
- The financial part’s capacity to lift credit development is restricted by non-performing resources (NPAs) and the administration emergency in the money related area.
- Fare to GDP proportion has declined quickly, with an approaching worldwide exchange war not too far off.
The $5 trillion objective seems testing. To accomplish such target policymakers should concentrate on venturing up residential sparing and speculation, and not simply depending on FDI-drove development increasing velocities in questionable monetary occasions.
Connecting the dots:
- Suggest a roadmap for India to achieve $5 Trillion Economy Target.
General studies 2
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes
General studies 3
- Issues relating to the development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
Healthcare’s primary problem
The deaths of 154 children in Bihar due to acute encephalitis syndrome (AES) has been linked to two factors:
- Litchi consumption by starving children and
- a long ongoing heatwave
Prevention of AES
AES is to a great extent preventable both previously and soon after the beginning of the illness and treatable with high odds of achievement on the accessibility of therapeutic mediation inside 2-4 hours of side effects.
Subsequently, the primary indications of a flare-up must provoke solid aversion measures.
- A strong wellbeing instruction drive
- Replenishing primary health centers (PHCs) with fundamental supplies,
- Broad organization of fringe wellbeing laborers (ASHA laborers)
- Rescue vehicle administrations to encourage quick ID
- The executives of suspected cases.
- Empty specialist positions in PHCs must be direly filled through nomination.
- Transient scaling-up of the Poshan Abhiyaan
- The advantageous nourishment program which makes accessible hot, cooked dinners for pre-younger students at Anganwadis alongside bring home apportion for moms and conveyance of glucose/ORS parcels in chance family units.
Almost all of these components untruths undermined in Bihar.
Crumbling healthcare in Bihar
- In Bihar, one PHC takes into account around 1 lakh individuals instead of the standard of 1 PHC per 30,000 individuals. Moreover, it is basic for such a PHC, taking into account multiple occasions the standard populace size, to have in any event, two specialists.
- Three-fourths of the about 1,900 PHCs in Bihar has only one specialist each.
- Muzaffarpur has 103 PHCs (around 70 shy of the perfect number) with 98 of them missing the mark regarding essential prerequisites sketched out by the Health Management Information System.
- Bihar, one of the most crowded States, had a specialist populace proportion of 1:17,685 in 2018, 60% higher than the national normal, and with just 2% of the complete MBBS situates in the nation.
- There is additionally a one-fifth deficiency of ASHA staff, and almost 33% of the sub-wellbeing focuses have no wellbeing laborers by any means.
- While the State reels under the most elevated heap of lack of healthy sustenance in India, an investigation found that around 71% and 38% of assets implied for hot, cooked dinners and bring home proportion, separately, under the strengthening nourishment program, were stolen.
- Dinners were served for only the greater part the quantity of recommended days, and just about a large portion of the quantity of recipients by and large really got them.
- Indeed, even those PHCs with sufficient supplies remain underutilized. Enduring membership to specific human services benefits by PHCs, similar to family arranging and vaccination, have developed the recognition that PHCs are maladroit as focuses of general social insurance.
- This leads patients either straightforwardly to pinnacle government emergency clinics arranged far away or too unfit private suppliers. This outcomes in a patient losing valuable time in travel and arriving up in a medical clinic in a basic and frequently irreversible phase of sickness.
- Patch up essential wellbeing framework
- The arrangement lies in building increasingly practical PHCs and sub-wellbeing focuses;
- Scaling-up the frameworks of ASHA laborers;
- Exacting checking of sustenance programs;
- Tending to the maldistribution of specialists, therapeutic schools and opportunities.
- The resultant hearty essential consideration framework would then be able to be outfitted towards being increasingly receptive to future flare-ups.
- We ought to likewise reinforce our specialized ability to more readily examine the reasons for such flare-ups and operationalize a solid long haul system.
- Many years of emergency clinic driven development of wellbeing administrations have disintegrated confidence in network-based medicinal services. In these conditions, even effectively reasonable ailments increment interest for emergency clinic benefits as opposed to PHCs.
- Just reinforcing the tertiary care part will be wasteful and incapable.
- Essential human services ought to be the solid establishment of a wellbeing improvement account.
- There is a need to deal with teaching trust in network-based consideration.
Connecting the dots:
- With regards to the breakout of acute encephalitis syndrome (AES) in Bihar, investigate the weaknesses of the social insurance segment.
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
Note: Featured Comments and comments Up-voted by Wahtaftercollege are the “correct answers”.
Q.1) “One country, two systems” formula recently seen in news is related to,
- North Korea and South Korea
- China and Tiwan
- China and Hong Kong
- None of the above
Q.2) Consider the following statements
- Under Article 341 sub-clause (2) of the Constitution, the power to make changes in the Scheduled castes’ list lay only with Parliament.
- Any such changes require prior recommendations of state government
Select the incorrect statements
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2