Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 14-02-2020
UPSC exam current affairs 14-02-2020 The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- Publish criminal history of candidates, SC orders parties
- Govt. notifies medical devices as drugs
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 14-02-2020
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 14-02-2020 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (14-02-2020)
Publish criminal history of candidates, SC orders parties
- The Supreme Court requested ideological groups to distribute the whole criminal history of their contender for the Assembly and Lok Sabha races.
- The data ought to be nitty-gritty and incorporate the idea of the offences, charges surrounded against him, the court concerned and the case number.
- The data ought to be distributed in a neighbourhood and a national paper just as the gatherings’ online networking handles.
- It ought to obligatorily be distributed either inside 48 hours of the choice of competitors or under about fourteen days before the primary date for recording of assignments, whichever is prior.
- SC likewise requested ideological groups to submit consistence reports with the Election Commission of India inside 72 hours or hazard hatred of court activity.
- This is relevant to parties both at the Central and State levels.
- The unrestricted ascent of lawbreakers, regularly dealing with offensive indictments like assault and murder, infringing into the nation’s political and discretionary domains.
Govt. notifies medical devices as drugs
- Wellbeing Ministry told medicinal gadgets utilized on people as medications under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act.
- Compulsory enrollment of such gadgets.
- The warning will make organizations responsible for the quality.
- Little producers making generally safe gear would think that it is extreme to agree to the new guidelines.
From Prelims Point of View
The Drugs and Cosmetics Act
- The Drugs and Cosmetics Act the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Alterations are identified with the Conditions for License/Approval
- The correct name of the medication or fixed-portion mix sedate will be printed or written in a prominent way.
- The name of the Drug will be in any event two text dimension bigger than the brand name or the exchange name.
- The brand name or the exchange name, assuming any, will be composed underneath or after the best possible name on the name of the deepest holder of the medication or each other covering where the compartment is pressed.
- The principal fast watch vessel being worked for Vietnam under the $100-million Line of Credit (LoC) will be conveyed
- In 2016, India had broadened another $500 million protections LoC to Vietnam and conversations are in progress to distinguish the hardware.
- India has likewise stretched out a protection LoC to Bangladesh and some portion of that is additionally for maritime vessels.
IASBaba’s Value Addition:
- Credit extension is a ‘delicate advance’ gave on concessional financing costs to creating nations,
- LOCs assists with advancing fares of Indian products and ventures,
- The tasks under LOCs are spread over various segments (Agriculture, Infrastructure, Telecom, Railway, Transmission/Power, Renewable Energy and so forth.).
- The Indian Development Assistance Scheme (IDEAS) (2015) incorporates arrangements to give better terms of credit, which will be alluring to many creating nations, who are currently looking for elective methods for an account.
Trade talks between India -U.S.
Trade Issues :
- Restorative gadget value tops exacted by India,
- a justification of duties required by the two sides,
- More prominent market access for U.S. rural and dairy items.
- The full rebuilding of GSP (Generalized System of Preferences)
The full rebuilding of GSP (Generalized System of Preferences is impossible at present, given the USTR’s notification that plans to treat India and various different nations as “created nations”,
New “wellbeing cess” (US) will affect evaluating for therapeutic gadgets, and the raising of taxes on a few things including electric vehicle (EV) parts, dairy items, shelled pecans, palatable vegetable oils, newborn child nourishments, and soy items may likewise turn into an issue.
From Prelims Point of View
Generalized System of Preferences (GSP)
- The umbrella that includes the main part of particular plans allowed by industrialized countries to creating nations.
- Diminished Most Favored Nations (MFN) Tariffs or obligation free section of qualified items traded by recipient nations to the business sectors of benefactor nations.
- GSP was received at UNCTAD in New Delhi in 1968
- Joined Nation Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) is a lasting intergovernmental body built up by the United Nations General Assembly in 1964.
- It bolsters creating nations to get to the advantages of a globalized economy all the more reasonably and viably.
Slapping Sec. 144 during CAA protests ‘illegal’: HC
- The HC said the District Magistrate (DM) had neglected to give “reasons” all together summoning Section 144
- It is in repudiation to the parameters set somewhere near the Supreme Court in the instances of Anuradha Bhasin Vs Union of India and the Ramlila Maidan Incident Vs Union of India.
From Prelims Point of View
- Segment 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) of 1973 approves the Executive Magistrate of any state or region to give a request to deny the gathering of at least four individuals in a territory.
- Each individual from such ‘unlawful get together’ can be reserved for taking part in revolting.
- Forced in pressing instances of irritation or captured peril of some occasion that experiences the possibility to make difficult or harm human life or property.
- By and large, disallows open social occasion.
- The greatest discipline for such a demonstration is three years.
- No structure under Section 144 will stay in power for beyond what two months however the state government can expand the legitimacy for two months and most extreme as long as a half year.
- It very well may be pulled back any time of time if the circumstance gets ordinary.
Topic: General Studies 2:
- Government arrangements and intercessions for advancement in different segments and issues emerging out of their plan and usage.
- Statutory, administrative and different semi-legal bodies.
Medical Devices (Amendment) Rules, 2020
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has advised changes in the Medical Devices Rules, 2017 to control therapeutic gadgets on indistinguishable lines from drugs under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
Need for such rules:
- Broken hip embeds by pharma significant Johnson and Johnson – where the organization concurred in court to pay Rs 25 lakh each to the 67 individuals who had needed to experience amendment medical procedures in light of the fact that the inserts were faulty.
- Government’s absence of administrative teeth when it came to restorative gadgets.
- Present Penal Provision: Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940-Manufacture or offer of unacceptable things are culpable with the detainment of in any event 10 years.
- At present, just 23 restorative gadgets have been named drugs. In India, most implantable gadgets are unregulated, including pacemakers, defibrillators, consistent observing glucose screens, and so forth.
- Deficient FDI in the part, as by and by, speculators avoid an unusual, fragmented and off base administrative condition for restorative gadgets.
Changes in Rules:
- The necessity of online enrollment of such gadgets with the Central Licensing Authority through a recognized online entrance built up by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization for this reason – age of enlistment number
- This enlistment number ought to be referenced on the mark of the restorative gadget.
- Each therapeutic gadget, either made in India or imported, should have quality affirmation before they can be sold anyplace in the nation.
- The notice requires a willful enlistment inside a time of year and a half from April 2020
- These guidelines are appropriate to gadgets planned for inner or outside use in the finding, treatment, alleviation or avoidance of malady or confusion in individuals or creatures.
The objective of the rules:
- To control every therapeutic gadget with the goal that they fulfil certain guidelines of value.
- It will likewise make restorative gadget organizations responsible for the quality and wellbeing of their items.
What are the items covered under the Medical Device Rules?
- The gadgets utilized for the conclusion, checking, treatment, help for any damage or inability, examination, substitution or adjustment or backing of the life structures or of a physiological procedure will presently come quite close to the meaning of ‘Medications’.
- An enormous number of usually utilized things like hypodermic syringes and needles, heart stents, perfusion sets, catheters, orthopaedic inserts, bone concrete, focal points, sutures, inward prosthetic substitutions.
- For certain things, for example, sphygmomanometers (used to screen circulatory strain), glucometers (to check glucose), thermometers, CT output and MRI hardware, dialysis and X-beam machines, inserts and so forth, various cutoff times for consistence have been set.
Is this a sudden move? – NO
- In April 2019, the Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB) had suggested that every medicinal gadget ought to be informed as “drugs” under the medication guideline law to guarantee they keep up wellbeing and quality models.
- In October 2019, the Health Ministry had circled duplicates of the then proposed notice for open remarks following proposals of DTAB
- Questions stay about the capacity of the Central Drugs and Standards Control Organization (CDSCO) to successfully manage the two medications and therapeutic gadgets.
- Requiring State Cooperation (State DSCOs) in successfully guaranteeing the consistency of all organizations fabricating therapeutic gadgets
- Absence of Patient Safety Medical Devices Law in India
- Need to diminish import reliance of restorative gear India imports somewhere in the range of 70 and 90 percent of its medicinal gadgets.
- The changed guidelines will affect on the little and minimal players, to a great extent Unorganized in the low-esteem high volume fragment of the medicinal gadgets industry. The administration should accompany plans to help such little firms (like sponsorships on advances)
- Concerns are likewise raised that the standards are extremely inflexible and any non-similarity can be treated as a criminal offence by any medication reviewer under the Act at his attentiveness.
Did You Know?
- Medications Technical Advisory Board is a statutory body comprised under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
- The capacity of DTAB is to exhort the Central Government and State government on specialized issues identified with medications and makeup.
- According to industry assesses, the Indian therapeutic gadgets market will develop to USD 50 billion by 2025.
- 100% Foreign Direct Investment is allowed in Medical gadgets through the programmed course
- Restorative Device Parks are arranged across India, including Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone Limited (AMTZ), a recreation centre in Sultanpur town (Telangana) and HLL Lifecare Mediparks in Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
Connecting the dots!
- National List of Essential Medicines
- National Pharmaceutical Authority
- Jan Aashudi Yojana
Topic: General Studies 1:
- Social empowerment
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
Same-Sex Marriage: A marriage story for everyone
An appeal documented in the Kerala High Court by a male same-sex couple difficulties the legality of the Special Marriage Act on the ground that it victimizes same-sex couples
The appeal looks for sensible expansion of the rights previously perceived by the Supreme Court in Navtej Johar Case
About the Special Marriage Act
- It was authorized in 1954 which permits and encourages the enlistment of between strict relationships.
- It in this way goes about as an administrative apparatus for social change, an endeavour to expel a social hindrance to the activity of individual self-sufficiency.
Navtej Singh Johar vs Union of India case. 2018
- Incomparable Court, right now, homosexuality by striking off pieces of Section 377 of IPC which were held violative of Fundamental Rights of LGBTQ Community.
- SC maintained the pre-distinction of Constitutional ethical quality in India by seeing that balance under the watchful eye of the law (Article 14) can’t be denied by offering priority to open or strict profound quality.
- SC while expressing Yogyakarta Principles maintained the privilege of same-sex couples to communicate their sexual character.
- SC likewise maintained the LGBTQ’s entitlement to protection and non-impedance in the direction of their own undertakings, and the option to be perceived as a full citizenry.
Why it is important to recognise the marriages of same-sex couples?
- Lawful Importance: Marriage conveys a scope of lawful rights and securities, accessible during the marriage just as on its disintegration by separate (the option to look for upkeep) or demise (the option to acquire property).
- Social Importance: Marriage keeps on being the foundation of social authenticity and family in India. Acknowledgement of same-sex relationships will decrease their underestimation and lead to more extensive acknowledgement in the public arena
- Singular Importance: Marriage, duty and family are not extract lawful ideas, yet phases of human improvement, desire and offer significance to their own lives.
- Political Importance: Same-sex marriage is perceived in almost 30 nations over the world. Acknowledgement of same in India will advance the Democratic culture in India whereby each resident is dealt with similarly independent of their sexual direction
- The appeal in Kerala High Court gives a potential initial move towards making marriage, as a foundation, as a lawful idea, increasingly available and libertarian, less self-assertive and exclusionary.
- Yogyakarta Principles perceive opportunity of sexual direction and sex way of life as a major aspect of Human Rights.
- They were sketched out in 2006 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia by a recognized gathering of International Human Right specialists.
- After the SC judgment in Navtej Singh Case, arrangements of Section 377 stay relevant in instances of non-consensual lustful intercourse with grown-ups, all demonstrations of fleshly intercourse with minors, and demonstrations of inhumanity
- Naz Foundation versus Govt. of NCT of Delhi (2009) – Delhi High Court struck off area 377, legitimizing consensual gay exercises between grown-ups
- Suresh Kumar Koushal Case (2013) – Supreme Court upset the Delhi High Court Judgment in Naz Foundation case
Connecting the dots!
- Marital rape and the rights of women (Social empowerment)
- Reservation for Transgender
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
Q1. Consider the following statements :
Most international agencies which find Development Programme in India on intergovernmental bilateral agreements, mainly provide:
- Technical assistance
- Soft loans which are required to be paid back with interest
- Grants, not required to be paid back
- Food assistance to be paid back
Choose the options below
- 2 and 4 are correct
- 1, 2 and 3 are correct
- 1, 2 and 4 are correct
- 3 and 4 are correct
Q 2. Consider the following countries:
- South Africa
According to UNCTAD, which of the above is/are categorized as “Emerging Economies”?
- 1 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3