The Indian Institutes of Technology are the most prestigious engineering and technological institutes in India. Millions of students dream to get admission into one of the IITs. But one has to clear the Joint Entrance Exam to get into an IIT. The exam is difficult and highly competitive, so not everyone can clear the exam. So, can you get into IIT without JEE?
Yes, there is. You can get into IITs for various other undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. courses. There are various other entrance exams other than JEE, which candidates can clear to get admission into an IIT.
- IIT JAM– Candidates who are B.Sc student who wants to pursue their further education from IIT can apply for Joint Admission Test for Masters. They can pursue Msc, Joint MSc-PhD, MSc-MTech, MSc-PhD Dual Degree, and other courses.
- GATE – Candidates who B.Tech students and want to pursue their further education from IIT can apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering to get into various IITs. They can then pursue M.E, M.Tech, Direct Ph.D., and other courses.
- UCEED – Candidates who are interested in design courses can apply for the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design to get into IIT Bombay. They can then pursue B.Des courses.
- CEED – Candidates who want to pursue a master’s in design can apply for the Common Entrance Exam for Design to get into an IIT. They can then pursue M. Des courses.
- HSEE – Candidates who want to pursue five-year integrated Master of Arts programs can apply for the Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam to get into an IIT. They can then pursue Integrated M.A. in Development Studies and Integrated M.A in English Studies.
- CAT – Candidates who want to pursue management courses can appear for CAT. Yes, one can get into IIT by giving the Common Admission Test. They can then pursue post-graduate management courses.
- Short-Term Courses – Candidates can apply for admission to various short-term duration certificate courses from many IITs. They can pursue courses like cyber security, digital marketing, internet programming, civil engineering, space flight mechanics, and various other courses.