About SSC Stenographer
SSC Stenographer Exam is organized by SSC or Staff Selection Commission to select candidates for the post of Stenographer Grade C and D. SSC Stenographer 2019 Recruitment process has been started with the release of its Official Notification. Read further for various SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips.
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
As mentioned earlier, the written test of SSC Stenographer consists of three parts:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General awareness
- English language and comprehension
It is very important to prepare and strategize techniques and tricks to solve the questions given in the exam. Candidate must focus on solving the maximum number of questions within a short span of time. Here are some simple tricks and tips to prepare for the written test of SSC Stenographer 2018 written examination:
General Intelligence and Reasoning: SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
General intelligence and reasoning is a section which judges a candidate’s ability to apply intelligence and exercise the ability to rationalize by applying reason. It is one of the scoring sections in the written test.
It is very important to practice questions pertaining to this section by attempting mock tests and sample papers to excel and secure good marks. There are some tips that a candidate must keep in mind while attempting the General Intelligence and Reasoning section of the written test.
- Avoid Assumptions
- Words with negative prefixes must be avoided as these are usually put to confuse the candidate.
- Alphabets, Numerical sans Directions must be clear to the candidate.
- Reasoning needs a little mind application which can be time-consuming if a candidate does not practice enough.
General Awareness: SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
General awareness tries to examine the candidate’s knowledge about the environment and the world he/she lives in. Generally, this section of the written test is easy to attempt and score but if the candidate is unaware of general surroundings/events/happenings, it will be difficult to score decent marks in this section. Some tips to fetch good marks in this section are:
- Candidate must be updated with the latest happenings and events.
- Current affairs of the last six months
- Socio-economic conditions of the country and world
- Reading newspaper daily will be an added advantage
English language and comprehension: SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
One of the easiest sections of SSC Stenographer is English Language and Comprehension, provided the candidate has a thorough practice and command over basic concepts of the language. Candidate must practice mock tests to strengthen this section. Here are some topics to be prepared under this section:
- Reading and comprehension
- Spotting errors
- Idioms and phrases
- Synonyms and antonyms